• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 11 |OT| Turn Your Head and Cough

It's a quarterback league.

If:

Rodgers
Brees
Eli
Roethlisberger
Brady
Peyton

go out all of their teams are fucked too.

Look at the Eagles and Vick. They were doing poor with Vick and once he was gone Foles shit the bed up.

i

You're probably joking but some of the throws he made in the first 3 quarters were legit. And then he went back to his usual self in the 4th and OT.
I'm mostly joking but during his time with the Dolphins he definitely had his moments. He's got some talent but he's severely lacking in consistency. All things considered I don't think this game means a lot, the Texans D is still fantastic in my opinion.

They were shitty with Vick anyways, and it was Foles first start.

They're freefalling, just awaiting until Reid is fired and Vick is cut.

3-1 with wins over the Giants and Ravens, but losing Kelce just destroyed the offense. The only game they have won since he got hurt was the Giants game. Every other team was smart enough to blitz up the middle. Foles is complete garbage though. Yesterday was the worst I have even seen an Eagles QB play. He is scared, he holds on to the ball, his accuracy is awful, and he forces throws into coverage constantly. Guy has 0 football instincts. He will be out of the NFL in 2 years. I actually wouldnt be surprised if Vick comes back for another year and they grab a new QB after next season since no QBS are coming out this year.

eznark

Banned
It's a quarterback league.

If:

Rodgers
Brees
Eli
Roethlisberger
Brady
Peyton

go out all of their teams are fucked too.

Look at the Eagles and Vick. They were doing poor with Vick and once he was gone Foles shit the bed up.

Nah, the backups in New England and New Orleans could step in. Those are systems with talent that has been in place long enough to carry a QB as long as the QB also knows the system. Would they miss a beat or two? Sure, but they'd still function.

The rest? Not a chance. Eli, Rodgers, etc. will those offenses to points.

squicken

The Jets played single high or zero safeties deep about 90% of the game. They zone blitzed the whole game and the Rams were clueless. Bradford couldn't have looked more lost. By the end he just stared down Amendola, who the Jets were taking away. Really pathetic. Either the other WRs weren't getting open or he doesn't think they can. Fisher gave him the death stare at the end. Was pretty funny. He's so fucked as a coach b/c he's stuck with him another year

Played our worst game of the season and still came out with a W. I'm not thrilled but I'll take it. A lot of teams won yesterday that didn't deserve to do so.

Nah, the backups in New England and New Orleans could step in. Those are systems with talent that has been in place long enough to carry a QB as long as the QB also knows the system. Would they miss a beat or two? Sure, but they'd still function.

The rest? Not a chance. Eli, Rodgers, etc. will those offenses to points.

Mallet would be nowhere near as effective as Brady.

Striker

The wins were by two points over NYG (what an awful loss that turned out to be), and one point each over BAL and the Browns in their first game with rookies at QB and RB.

Dragon

Banned
So Aaron, buddy, you wanna come back? I know you're a different player than Gronk but I can't think that Shiancoe has ANYTHING left and Fells has been a disappointment the few times I've seen him involved in the passing game.

Mallet would be nowhere near as effective as Brady.

Mallet has a big arm but I doubt he's anywhere close to Brady in terms of accuracy. And most of the Pats throws are more about accuracy than anything else, they don't throw the ball down the field a ton.

The wins were by two points over NYG (what an awful loss that turned out to be), and one point each over BAL and the Browns in their first game with rookies at QB and RB.

I think the point is that the Eagles were able to win when Vick had at least a competent O-line in front of him.

The O-line went down and that whole offense went to shit.

I think the point is that the Eagles were able to win when Vick had at least a competent O-line in front of him.

The O-line went down and that whole offense went to shit.

Exactly. Early on they were winning close games, after they lost Kelce they started to lose close games, and now without Watkins and Herrimans they arnt even competitive. They were not going to win a SB or anything but they could have at least been in the running for a playoff spot if not for the OL problems this year.

squicken

Nothing the Falcons do matters until the playoffs. As long as they get to play at home they just need to stay healthy. They've proven all they need to as far as the regular season is concerned

Nothing the Falcons do matters until the playoffs. As long as they get to play at home they just need to stay healthy. They've proven all they need to as far as the regular season is concerned

I'm just hoping we get Sean Weatherspoon back this week. We'll need him to help stop Doug Martin.

jmdajr

So in back to back weeks the Texans showed they could beat the sorry Bears in the elements and win a low scoring game. And then the next week slang it around and put up crazy numbers in the passing game.

The Texans secondary was so bad yesterday. It was like they decided as a collective group to take the day off. To be fair...they were facing Gabbert. Until Henne da God came in and started slanging like Brees. Really think that caught them off guard how competent he was (in comparison to Gabbert). Then those long TD passes by Gator's Jags could have been stopped, but instead piss poor tackling makes the completion far better than it should be. Really thought they were going to tie or get a L. After showing the Bears that they do in fact suck, and facing the Lions on Turkey day, this was a perfect trap game. They'll probably lose tho on Thursday...that game took way too much out of them.

On the other side it was good to see the Texans slang it around. They have not been down like that all season so to see them open it up was refreshing. Schaub with 527 yards and 5 TDs was sweet. Same with AJ's 273 yards. If this was done by a team on the east coast ESPN and all other networks would be mentioning it like crazy.

Also: Fire the Special Teams coach

Karma. Get some. Bears 2.0 coming for you Dec 10th.

I know folks want the Texans to do good on Thanksgiving, but next week against the Titans is more important. Win against Titans, One win against the Colts, and HOPEFULLY a win against the PATRIOTS, and it's probably good enough for a 1st/2nd seed at 13-3.

Game was crazy. I think most teams would have just conceded it wasn't their day and threw in the towel. Gotta give it up to the Team for refusing to lose.

MechDX

. After showing the Bears that they do in fact suck, and facing the Lions on Turkey day, this was a perfect trap game. They'll probably lose tho on Thursday...that game took way too much out of them.

Karma. Get some. Bears 2.0 coming for you Dec 10th.

On the Thursday game I completely agree. Basically played 5 tough,physical quarters yesterday after that Bears game. They are going to be exhausted come Thursday and I dont see them playing all that well. The Titan game the following Sunday is more important anyway. Conference vs non.

As for December 10th: been saying since preseason that there are games that this team was looking at: Broncos (beat Peyton), Ravens (show they can beat them) and Patriots. They want to send a message that they are for real. Could be division clinching game.

andthebeatgoeson

It's going to suck for about 3-5 years but I'm glad Reid is leaving. I hope they tank for Barkley. Or somebody. Gaf, help me. Who should the Eagles tank for? Beside not-reid.

Top Bottom