• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 11 |OT| Turn Your Head and Cough

So in back to back weeks the Texans showed they could beat the sorry Bears in the elements and win a low scoring game. And then the next week slang it around and put up crazy numbers in the passing game.

The Texans secondary was so bad yesterday. It was like they decided as a collective group to take the day off. To be fair...they were facing Gabbert. Until Henne da God came in and started slanging like Brees. Really think that caught them off guard how competent he was (in comparison to Gabbert). Then those long TD passes by Gator's Jags could have been stopped, but instead piss poor tackling makes the completion far better than it should be. Really thought they were going to tie or get a L. After showing the Bears that they do in fact suck, and facing the Lions on Turkey day, this was a perfect trap game. They'll probably lose tho on Thursday...that game took way too much out of them.

On the other side it was good to see the Texans slang it around. They have not been down like that all season so to see them open it up was refreshing. Schaub with 527 yards and 5 TDs was sweet. Same with AJ's 273 yards. If this was done by a team on the east coast ESPN and all other networks would be mentioning it like crazy.

Also: Fire the Special Teams coach

Karma. Get some. Bears 2.0 coming for you Dec 10th.

I aint scared of the fraud ass Texans.

Not much to say about last night's game. Steelers gave one away. If Leftwich was injured to the point he couldn't make the throws he should've been taken out.

Yep, totally on Tomlin. Batch should have been in by the middle of the 3rd or so. All Steeler mistakes led to Ratbird points, the fumble, the INT and the punt return. And I've had it with Wallace, total friggen choker. With Brown out, this game was his chance to prove his worth, and you saw what he gave us. Steelers basically played that game with one WR, Sanders.

Oh well, the rest of the AFC sucks so bad that all the Steelers have to do is go 3-3 to get in. But looks to me like it's going to come down to the Broncos and Texans for the SB.

KaYotiX

Banned
Texans have looked suspect the last few weeks, I picked them out of the AFC for the superbowl but they have that look of a one and done atm. That D needs to show up

I still think the Texans are the favorite.
Yesterday proved how much the Texans have matured as a team. 2 years ago and previous the Texans lose that game 100 percent of the time.

It's those games where you don't turn in your best performance but still win that define you as a team.

Smokey

Texans have looked suspect the last few weeks, I picked them out of the AFC for the superbowl but they have that look of a one and done atm. That D needs to show up

They held the Ravens to 13
They held the Bills to 9
They held the Bears to 6

And you're talking about the defense? The defense has been just fine since the beatdown by the Packers. Yesterday I think they were caught off guard and the secondary had a terrible day but that happens.

eznark

Banned
Yesterday proved how much the Texans have matured as a team. 2 years ago and previous the Texans lose that game 100 percent of the time.

It's those games where you don't turn in your best performance but still win that define you as a team.

The Packers have only played one good game all year but are essentially a playoff lock at this point. All trolling aside, I really like where they are at.

I'd let Clay sit the next week as well.

Smokey

There is zero chance they win that game 2 years ago. Granted it was against the Jags, but it's good to know that they can slang the ball if need be. They just haven't had to until yesterday. 5 TDs to 4 different rec is pretty good.

Some team no one thinks will win,will win the SB.

So the Texans then

The Packers have only played one good game all year but are essentially a playoff lock at this point. All trolling aside, I really like where they are at.

I'd let Clay sit the next week as well.

I'm a lot more confident in the Pack this year then I ever was last year.

Last year I had no confidence that they could take a punch in the mouth if and when it showed up and they proved me right. This season is much improved in that regard.

eznark

Banned
I'm a lot more confident in the Pack this year then I ever was last year.

Last year I had no confidence that they could take a punch in the mouth if and when it showed up and they proved me right. This season is much improved in that regard.

I don't complain about injuries but it is amazing to me they have lost four linebackers and have barely missed a beat.

5 sacks yesterday with no Matthews!?

BigAT

Some of you unoriginal fucks need to stop winning avatar bets. What happened to the creativity and humor that used to result? You guys are lazy.

The only positive is that now I can know to ignore both ari and Bob's posts from a single avatar instead of two.

Striker

DRC keeps saying that nobody has more talent than the Eagles: "Nobody has lined up and just beat us. No, it's just mental mistakes."

#dynasty

KaYotiX

Banned
They held the Ravens to 13
They held the Bills to 9
They held the Bears to 6

And you're talking about the defense? The defense has been just fine since the beatdown by the Packers. Yesterday I think they were caught off guard and the secondary had a terrible day but that happens.

Not one of those teams is an elite offense. When the jags put up 35+ you better fix something.

I still think they are the team to beat in the AFC with Denver a close second atm

DRC keeps saying that nobody has more talent than the Eagles: "Nobody has lined up and just beat us. No, it's just mental mistakes."

#dynasty

At least if he had said it was injuries it would make sense but it isnt mental mistakes at all. Oh well I would rather have guys that are to confident then not confident enough.

LevelNth

Banned
Packers have the same problem they had last year. Whole team relies on one player. If Rodgers is off, the rest of the team sucks so bad they're hopeless.

Packers have the same problem they had last year. Whole team relies on one player. If Rodgers is off, the rest of the team sucks so bad they're hopeless.

It's a quarterback league.

If:

Rodgers
Brees
Eli
Roethlisberger
Brady
Peyton

go out all of their teams are fucked too.

Look at the Eagles and Vick. They were doing poor with Vick and once he was gone Foles shit the bed up.

Smokey

Not one of those teams is an elite offense. When the jags put up 35+ you better fix something.

I still think they are the team to beat in the AFC with Denver a close second atm

They gave up 1 TD in 3 weeks up until yesterday. What else were they supposed to do in your eyes?

Yesterday was garbage and I already said that. Just talking about in previous weeks..

Top Bottom