• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 11 |OT| Turn Your Head and Cough

1-15 is by far the worse thing I've experienced. Followed by the Wannstedt and Fiedler era. I'd rather years of 8-8 then what the Browns have going.I don't go through what you describe though, I always have all this false hope. Except coming into this year, we are such a different team/style than last year had no idea what to expect.
Yeah, when I really sit back and think about this season once it's over I'm sure I will prefer it to the nightmare that was '07 but it still feels like it has a lower low since the team showed some promise early on. Then again, watching the front-office of the team hugging and crying like a bunch of babies over one freaking win was pretty low...

I was positive on Philbin and Tannehill for awhile but now I'm not sure what to think. Obviously it'll still be awhile before we know whether or not these guys are the answer but it's hard not to feel skeptical after everything this franchise has gone through since Marino left.

And personally I didn't mind Fiedler, I actually thought he was a pretty decent QB all things considered. Wannstedt wasn't the best either but I'll take him over Saban or Cameron any day of the week...

Yesterday was highly entertaining, Whiz was yanking people left and right. Skelton out for a 6th round rookie when we had a 13-0 lead, Floyd out for lining up wrong a single time, Wilson benched for Nickel packages (this one worked well). After this season ends, he HAS to be on the hot seat. I expect and the beat writers also feel, that he will get another season but someone will have to go, most likely the OC.

Offense, what a fucking joke. The way the game went we should have won in a blow out and just about any other team would have with the same performance on D. I don't think I've ever seen so many points left on the field, such great field position so many times in a game. All you can hear is the clamoring for Kolb but with his injury problems, I doubt he's the long term solution. I think I'm done with the Skelly kool-aid because even with the intangibles, the kid refuses to learn and adapt. I'll join your chant FMT, he's a bum.

Defense, I feel bad for the guys. What more can you do for your offense? and they still make you lose. The worst was the play where the team thought the play was dead and the Falcons defender just picked it up and ran 5 yards for a TD... Anyway, really really pleased with the D. Especially since Campbell was out, I consider him probably a top 3 piece on the D and everyone stepped up to pick up the slack. Amazing what a completely healthy Dockett can do, such a huge difference he makes. D Wash MVP. Matty got melted and dumped on but I guess you can rinse the shit off in the shower when you still come away with a win. Another step towards the dream of drafting Joeckel.

On another note, how many fantasy points are the Bears D about to get tonight...it's going to be a massacre. Then again, every prime time game but one seems to be a huge dud this year.

eznark

Banned
I bet he graded out well on that play considering it was an incompletion. #statsdontlie

;)

normswrist.gif

Does it control cable boxes as well?

Yes. It doesn't control AV receivers though.

Not a troll or anything but does it get drained as fast as a tv remote? 3-5 hours from a tv remote is not something I want

I charged it for a half hour yesterday, watched all of the football games using it as a remote and played some games randomly, most on the pad. It lasted throughout all of that. I don't know how long it lasts total but the thing is fully charged now so I'll get a chance to see.

cajunator

Banned
Not only against us either.

Cajun your team is right up there with the Patriots in terms up needlessly leaving starters in to run up the score. The only difference is Bellicheck does it to be a dick, while Peyton and Brees do it for stats.
what do you consider running up the score? 40-10? thats the minimum I would consider a safe lead.
also, if the Falcons didnt like it they should have stopped it. these are grown men not high schoolers.

Yesterday was highly entertaining, Whiz was yanking people left and right. Skelton out for a 6th round rookie when we had a 13-0 lead, Floyd out for lining up wrong a single time, Wilson benched for Nickel packages (this one worked well). After this season ends, he HAS to be on the hot seat. I expect and the beat writers also feel, that he will get another season but someone will have to go, most likely the OC.

Offense, what a fucking joke. The way the game went we should have won in a blow out and just about any other team would have with the same performance on D. I don't think I've ever seen so many points left on the field, such great field position so many times in a game. All you can hear is the clamoring for Kolb but with his injury problems, I doubt he's the long term solution. I think I'm done with the Skelly kool-aid because even with the intangibles, the kid refuses to learn and adapt. I'll join your chant FMT, he's a bum.

Defense, I feel bad for the guys. What more can you do for your offense? and they still make you lose. The worst was the play where the team thought the play was dead and the Falcons defender just picked it up and ran 5 yards for a TD... Anyway, really really pleased with the D. Especially since Campbell was out, I consider him probably a top 3 piece on the D and everyone stepped up to pick up the slack. Amazing what a completely healthy Dockett can do, such a huge difference he makes. D Wash MVP. Matty got melted and dumped on but I guess you can rinse the shit off in the shower when you still come away with a win. Another step towards the dream of drafting Joeckel.

On another note, how many fantasy points are the Bears D about to get tonight...it's going to be a massacre. Then again, every prime time game but one seems to be a huge dud this year.
Preach the truth!!! Hopefully Whiz is gone by next year but man that offensive performance was one of the worst ive ever seen.

cajunator

Banned
Furthermore, we put up with 30+years of other teams blowing US out so forgive me if I dont care that much. We were always on the losing end of those games. Now we have a period of being on the winning end. Ebb and flow.

Jags update:

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter

Jags announced Chad Henne starts again this week.

Is Gabbert still hurt or is that just going with Henne in general? Don't see why they wouldn't considering how poorly Gabbert has played.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Ugh, good lord the Thanksgiving games are terrible. Two total playoff teams playing? God damn, Goodell.

It's not Goodell's fault that the Cowboys, Lions, and Jets are incapable of maintaining any kind of lasting success!

I don't think anyone expected the Redskins to be good this year though.

Jeff-DSA

1-15 is by far the worse thing I've experienced. Followed by the Wannstedt and Fiedler era. I'd rather have years of 8-8 than what the Browns have going on. I don't go through what you describe though, I always have all this false hope whether they come out strong or not. Except coming into this year, we are such a different team/style than last year had no idea what to expect.

1-15 was the worst thing ever. Getting that win in OT had me jumping up and down like a little kid, but the rest of the season was utterly painful.

Wes

venison crêpe
Gabbert is just done. Unfortunately for the Jags and Chiefs no QB in this draft class are really staking a claim as a no-brainer #1 pick.

tmdorsey

what do you consider running up the score? 40-10? thats the minimum I would consider a safe lead.
also, if the Falcons didnt like it they should have stopped it. these are grown men not high schoolers.

Passing the ball when you are up more than 3 scores or more in the 4th is nothing more than stat padding. I actually agree we should have stopped them doesn't make it less douchery though.

squicken

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/2/26/Blaine_Gabbert.jpg/220px-Blaine_Gabbert.jpg[/IG]

FUCK YOU RIDE THE PINE[/QUOTE]

He had happy feet in college. No idea why they don't fire the GM right now. Good for Malarkey I guess. He gets to prove if he can coach a bad but not awful QB

Jeff-DSA

Gabbert is just done. Unfortunately for the Jags and Chiefs no QB in this draft class are really staking a claim as a no-brainer #1 pick.

I have a few Jags fans and they all are willing to roll the dice on Geno. I'm not so confident there for them.

My friend started watching the Vikings when Favre came over. He now complains all the time when we watch them and claims that he's been a viking fan forever even though I've been to his house and he has an Antonio Freeman jersey and packers letter jacket in his room.

Disgusting.

MechDX

It's time to break tradition of Lions and Cowboys having mandatory games on Thanksgiving.

Will never happen. Saw a report on this last year and when the NFL started it they were the only two teams willing to do it. It has now turned into big money games and the teams wont let go of the agreement.

1-15 was the worst thing ever. Getting that win in OT had me jumping up and down like a little kid, but the rest of the season was utterly painful.

We were so pathetic, we had to injure Boller and they missed an OT FG to get our only win. Where is Cleo Lemon these days? I know we traded Camarillo to the Vikes for Benny Sapp who we've already cut.

Slo

My friend started watching the Vikings when Favre came over. He now complains all the time when we watch them and claims that he's been a viking fan forever even though I've been to his house and he has an Antonio Freeman jersey and packers letter jacket in his room.

Disgusting.

Fucking Buckethead.

Wes

venison crêpe
I have a few Jags fans and they all are willing to roll the dice on Geno. I'm not so confident there for them.

I'm sure one of Geno/Barkley/Bray/Wilson will turn out to be a serviceable QB in the NFL but it is a crap shoot as to which.

We were so pathetic, we had to injure Boller and they missed an OT FG to get our only win. Where is Cleo Lemon these days? I know we traded Camarillo to the Vikes for Benny Sapp who we've already cut.
I sat at my computer and watched the Gamecast on ESPN for every single game of that season besides two. It's incredible how painful it can be to watch a bunch of lines moving back and forth on a screen. Of the two games I missed one was the Bengals game which I attended in person (quite a feat considering I lived in VA but I was in the area for the Orange Bowl) and the other was the Ravens game. Just my luck!

They lost so many close games that year...

Jeff-DSA

Wasn't Lemon in the CFL?

We desperately need a decent DB. Sean Smith has his bright moments, but the guy can't grab a football if it's handed to him. It's getting ridiculous to watch teams just throw the ball all over on our defense.

Vikings need a deep WR. Or any good WR besides Percy.

And an guard.

And a Middle Linebacker.

Maybe a QB. My Jury is still out on Ponder because I'm so desperate for a franchise QB.

Oh and a replacement for Musgrave. I dont like that guy at all.

Top Bottom