• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 11 |OT| Turn Your Head and Cough

I don't think I've been talking enough shit about beating Pittsburgh. I will now, temporarily put aside the Flacco hate to run my mouth at Pittsburgh.

We own you now.

I've held off on the Wii U so far but I'm afraid I would impulse buy one if I saw it in a store. I know I'd have fun with Nintendoland and NSMBWU, plus ZombiU looks like it could be pretty interesting. The thing is, I don't think there will be many exclusive games coming out for it in the next 8 months or so that would really interest me so it seems like it would make more sense to just wait.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I don't think I've been talking enough shit about beating Pittsburgh. I will now, temporarily put aside the Flacco hate to run my mouth at Pittsburgh.

We own you now.

The Rapist wasn't playing and you guys only beat them by 3 points.

Not really "own" per say.

Let's put it this way, if we beat a Culter-less Bears by 3 points, I wouldn't be bragging a whole lot. And Jason Campbell is better than Sandwich.

The only thing that will make me pick up a Wii U is a Smash Bros with a perfectly worked out online system. Brawl was such a disappointment in that regard.

Mario is Mario. Meaning that it's damn good. I know the new super mario series gets grief, but I have them all and it's the best of the series so far. Feels so right on the small screen, and looks beautiful on the big screen.
See, these are the kinds of posts that really make me want to jump in... but I must resist.

tmdorsey

So let's see Asante hurt, Weatherspoon and Julio statuses still up in the air, going up against a surging offense with big, physical receivers and a running back who DGAF.

Hate to say it, but I think we go 1-2 in the divison after next week.

NFC South seems to be turning into the competitive division I thought it would be at the beginning of the season.

firen

Kap couldn't beat the rams. A rams team that got blown out by the jets. Unless our run game goes off in a major way we aren't winning

Agreed, we are screwed. Now Kap ain't no JTO but if the Niner D plays like the did against the Rams and Kap serves up some easy picks...well, we are screwed.

The Rapist wasn't playing and you guys only beat them by 3 points.

Not really "own" per say.

Let's put it this way, if we beat a Culter-less Bears by 3 points, I wouldn't be bragging a whole lot. And Jason Campbell is better than Sandwich.

3 in a row, 3 of 4 in Pittsburgh, and 5-0 when Ben doesn't play. We can keep throwing out the fact that we are 4-9 when he does play, but guess what, he's missed 5 of the 18 matchups! He's missing over a quarter of the games. That shit both counts and matters when factoring ownage. Yeah, they're better when Ben plays....but he doesn't always play. On the flipside, Flacco hasn't missed any of the matchups...not really a good thing, but at least we can count on his 150 yards 0 TD and 1 costly turnover, instead of the unknown.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
3 in a row, 3 of 4 in Pittsburgh, and 5-0 when Ben doesn't play. We can keep throwing out the fact that we are 4-9 when he does play, but guess what, he's missed 5 of the 18 matchups! He's missing over a quarter of the games. That shit both counts and matters when factoring ownage. Yeah, they're better when Ben plays....but he doesn't always play. On the flipside, Flacco hasn't missed any of the matchups...not really a good thing, but at least we can count on his 150 yards 0 TD and 1 costly turnover, instead of the unknown.

Okay so if Ben keeps missing these matchups, you're supposed to accuse him wussing out and being afraid of Suggs or Ray Lewis's knife. Have you learned nothing from Packer fans here?

Also, Matt Ryan threw 5 INTs and won. When was the last time that happened? Vick threw 4 earlier this season and beat the Browns.

Godslay

Banned
See, these are the kinds of posts that really make me want to jump in... but I must resist.

If you can afford it why wait? I don't understand resisting it. There might be a drought of software, but it's not like the thing is sitting there eating money. While others are mulling the decision the rest of us are playing right now. Games will trickle in as it goes on. Launch always seems to work this way.

So let's see Asante hurt, Weatherspoon and Julio statuses still up in the air, going up against a surging offense with big, physical receivers and a running back who DGAF.

NFC South seems to be turning into the competitive division I thought it would be at the beginning of the season.

They lied and have been lying about Weatherspoon, I bet it's a high ankle sprain he has.
Asante got hurt? Damn. I didn't hear about that.

I missed the game yesterday but I heard Julio left. What did he hurt, was it bad?
Someone on Falconslife was saying that something looked off with Abraham too.

Kap couldn't beat the rams. A rams team that got blown out by the jets. Unless our run game goes off in a major way we aren't winning

Best case scenario, Kap under center forces our D to play with a bit more urgency. While statistically dominate, I feel as though our D has been kinda going through the motions this year. Last year, that unit was a fuckin wall in the red zone. It's not been the case this year.

Okay so if Ben keeps missing these matchups, you're supposed to accuse him wussing out and being afraid of Suggs or Ray Lewis's knife. Have you learned nothing from Packer fans here?

Yes, he's a total scared baby. He always gets hurt before our games on purpose. He'd rather break a rib then die.

Anybody who has a Wii U get ZombiU?

I got it but havent tried it yet. Mario is so fucking good. Nintendo Land is also a lot of fun if you have other people to play it with. If you like NG games NG 3:RE is billions of times better then NG3 was on 360 or PS3. I hope we get a release date for Pikmin soon, that games looks really interesting.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

Yet despite all that 0-3 when it actually matters (the playoffs).

Alligatorjandro said:
Anybody who has a Wii U get ZombiU?
Yep. Visually it's got a SERIOUS Condemned vibe going for it. The atmosphere is amazing and the gamepad stuff is actually pretty well integrated though some of it can feel a bit cumbersome at times mainly because I'm still acclimating myself to using the gamepad in conjunction with what's happening on the screen.

I recently got passed an area where I was a bit stuck, thankfully and am progressing nicely now (nearly 5 hours in). I can see where reviewers would be divisive about the experience though. This is probably one of the few true surival horror games to hit the market in a long time. It's a SLOW paced game and it's about avoiding confrontation whenever possible. If you're wading into a hoard of zombies and are frustrated by the games inability to make you feel like a "bad ass" then yeah - you're going to hate it. This isn't a game that handles combat with multiple enemies well by design. Your player character is tissue paper. 2-3 good shots and you're dead. Not to mention you really have to think about what supplies to bring with you, what to stash and if you do have a full backpack - what to drop to make room for a potentially more important item.

There's more I could say but I don't want to derail things too much here. I'll just say that I'm very much enjoying my time with it.

Bread

Banned
lol at the ughs commercial

brady is such a masculine leader, i could really get behind him if we played for the same team.

If you can afford it why wait? I don't understand resisting it. There might be a drought of software, but it's not like the thing is sitting there eating money. While others are mulling the decision the rest of us are playing right now. Games will trickle in as it goes on. Launch always seems to work this way.
I understand that line of thinking, especially since it influenced my decision to pick up a 3DS and a Vita at launch, but there are a few other factors at play. For one thing my job is kind of unstable at the moment, so while I technically have the money I'm not sure if it's a good idea to spend that much on something right now, and for another thing I already have tons of games that I'm trying to get through.

Yep. Visually it's got a SERIOUS Condemned vibe going for it. The atmosphere is amazing and the gamepad stuff is actually pretty well integrated though some of it can feel a bit cumbersome at times mainly because I'm still acclimating myself to using the gamepad in conjunction with what's happening on the scree.

I recently got passed an area where I was a bit stuck, thankfully and am progressing nicely now (nearly 5 hours in). I can see where reviewers would be divisive about the experience though. This is probably one of the few true surival horror games to hit the market in a long time. It's a SLOW paced game and it's about avoiding confrontation whenever possible. If you're wading into a hoard of zombies and are frustrated by the games inability to make you feel like a "bad ass" then yeah - you're going to hate it. This isn't a game that handles combat with multiple enemies well by design. Your player character is tissue paper. 2-3 good shots and you're dead. Not to mention you really have to think about what supplies to bring with you, what to stash and if you do have a full backpack - what to drop to make room for a potentially more important item.

There's more I could say but I don't want to derail things too much here. I'll just say that I'm very much enjoying my time with it.
That sounds fantastic.

Greg

By the way Greg, I've been listening to that Destinity album you recommended since Friday and I'm loving it. You the man!
Awesome, glad to hear!

The end of the year always seems to be lacking in releases, so I've been going back through some older stuff I missed - you should also check out The Forsaken's new CD, Beyond Redemption if you haven't. I'm not familiar with their older stuff at all, but this CD has a more aggressive melodic death sound to it.

Yep. Visually it's got a SERIOUS Condemned vibe going for it. The atmosphere is amazing and the gamepad stuff is actually pretty well integrated though some of it can feel a bit cumbersome at times mainly because I'm still acclimating myself to using the gamepad in conjunction with what's happening on the scree.

Sounds great.

By the way Greg, I've been listening to that Destinity album you recommended since Friday and I'm loving it. You the man!

Awesome, glad to hear!
Yeah, Greg thanks for the recommendation.

This album rocks!

IJRFMm.jpg

Somebody say Christmas?

HO HO HO! MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Dammit Dutch, remove that Christmas avatar!

You hate Christmas :(!? This is a happy time.

I'd like Tom Brady to give me the pink slip if you know what I mean.

I would let him have intercourse with me and never call me again.

At least wait until Thanksgiving is over before going with the Christmas avatars :/

Fuck that, show me the 'Turkey Day Avatar Request' thread and I might reconsider.

I think/hope Spoon is back this week. I figure they've been keeping him back since we have such a cushion but this being a big division game, I don't see how you can keep him out again.

Julio seemed to be on a play count yesterday.

I saw Asante was back for one play but thought McClain held his own pretty well.

tmdorsey

They lied and have been lying about Weatherspoon, I bet it's a high ankle sprain he has.
Asante got hurt? Damn. I didn't hear about that.

I missed the game yesterday but I heard Julio left. What did he hurt, was it bad?
Someone on Falconslife was saying that something looked off with Abraham too.

I don't think they necessarily lied about Spoon, I think they are just trying to be extra cautious with him. Yeah Asante did something to his arm on a play, went out for a few series, tried to come back and Lindley went right after him with a deep pass. He defended the pass, but apparently was in too much pain to return the game. I don't think Julio's was too bad. He was supposed to get limited play time anyway.

Awesome, glad to hear!

The end of the year always seems to be lacking in releases, so I've been going back through some older stuff I missed - you should also check out The Forsaken's new CD, Beyond Redemption if you haven't. I'm not familiar with their older stuff at all, but this CD has a more aggressive melodic death sound to it.
Sounds great, I will definitely look into it.

Yeah, Greg thanks for the recommendation.

This album rocks!
You should make your way over to the metal thread and let those guys know how much you're enjoying it as well!

I don't think they necessarily lied about Spoon, I think they are just trying to be extra cautious with him. Yeah Asante did something to his arm on a play, went out for a few series, tried to come back and Lindley went right after him with a deep pass. He defended the pass, but apparently was in too much pain to return the game. I don't think Julio's was too bad. He was supposed to get limited play time anyway.

Yep, yep, and yep. See my post above!

I don't think they felt a need to rush Spoon back.

Fox318

Dear Brian,

You were right. I was wrong. For years, I used this space to complain about you. I saw your stubborn play calling. I saw how you came up with a plan and were determined to use it. It wasn't based on your team's strengths or the other team's weaknesses. Surely you wouldn't adjust it even if there was evidence as the game progressed that something else would work better. When young players continued to make the same mistakes over and over, and you didn't correct them, I ranted and raved. I said what you did would never help the Jets win.

You told me to have faith. You were right. I was wrong. Yesterday, your inane play calling truly did help the Jets. Did it matter that your stud running back averaged over 6 yards per carry? Heck no. There was no reason to give him the ball more than 13 times. Why ride a hot back against the 30th ranked run defense in the league when you can throw it 44 times against the fourth ranked passing defense?

I should have seen it when you were here. You only did this like every week in your six years in New York. I didn't appreciate what I had until it was gone. Finally, I saw your genius play calling helping the Jets.

Never change, Schotty. Never change.

http://www.ganggreennation.com/2012/11/19/3665910/an-open-letter-to-brian-schottenheimer

Top Bottom