• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 11 |OT| Turn Your Head and Cough

Well that wasn't too hard to do yesterday. Will he be able to hold is own against Jackson and Williams who are both over 6ft is the question.

He played Fitz some and did well against the Broncos when he had to come in that game too.

Why must you be so negative tm?!?! lol

Jermichael Finley needs to "slow his mind down"

I despise your existence.

Is that code for smoke a lot of weed?

All things considered the Dolphins still have a great shot at winning the division. They're three games back but they play the Pats twice so when you factor in those two Ws (Tanny > Tammy) along with all of the other games they will win (such as the 49'ers game and the Seahawks game) they only need the Pats to lose one more to win the tie-break.

There has never been a better time to be a Dolphins fan.

Milchjon

All things considered the Dolphins still have a great shot at winning the division. They're three games back but they play the Pats twice so when you factor in those two Ws (Tanny > Tammy) along with all of the other games they will win (such as the 49'ers game and the Seahawks game) they only need the Pats to lose one more to win the tie-break.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2008/dec/22/headbanging-rock-music

:p

Vince Lombardi would have made him shave that horrible mustache.
screenshot2012-11-19akwoqm.png

Look at all that sexy.

You should make your way over to the metal thread and let those guys know how much you're enjoying it as well!
I don't go in there for the same reason I don't go in the fitness threads.
Bunch of pretentious children that don't know how to interact with others like civilized adults.

eznark

Banned

79JDE.gif

Godslay

Banned
Dear Brian,

You were right. I was wrong. For years, I used this space to complain about you. I saw your stubborn play calling. I saw how you came up with a plan and were determined to use it. It wasn't based on your team's strengths or the other team's weaknesses. Surely you wouldn't adjust it even if there was evidence as the game progressed that something else would work better. When young players continued to make the same mistakes over and over, and you didn't correct them, I ranted and raved. I said what you did would never help the Jets win.

You told me to have faith. You were right. I was wrong. Yesterday, your inane play calling truly did help the Jets. Did it matter that your stud running back averaged over 6 yards per carry? Heck no. There was no reason to give him the ball more than 13 times. Why ride a hot back against the 30th ranked run defense in the league when you can throw it 44 times against the fourth ranked passing defense?

I should have seen it when you were here. You only did this like every week in your six years in New York. I didn't appreciate what I had until it was gone. Finally, I saw your genius play calling helping the Jets.

Never change, Schotty. Never change.

http://www.ganggreennation.com/2012/11/19/3665910/an-open-letter-to-brian-schottenheimer

You still fucking around with Schotty? No matter what you tell yourself, he's not the problem. The greatest offensive coordinator in the world isn't going to fix Sanchez.

Let me rewrite your letter...

Dear Mark,

Have a seat.

Love,

Rex

Simple, clean, and effective.

http://www.packers.com/media-center...eted_him/806f2629-96f0-4924-bf74-aa7ecbfadb20

Jermichael Finley needs to "slow his mind down"

I despise your existence.

He's thinking about what he's gonna do with all the money he's getting on his soon to be 5 year, 50 million dollar contract with the Packers.

I don't. It's far to early to be rocking a Christmas avatar. It's not even American Thanksgiving yet!

Never too early to start with Christmas. Hell, I might even listen to that godawful Mariah Carey song right now.

Haha, this is too perfect!

In all seriousness I could see Brady putting up about 600 yards against the Dolphins, with or without Gronk.

I don't go in there for the same reason I don't go in the fitness threads. Bunch of pretentious children that don't know how to interact with others like civilized adults.
I hear ya. It took me about a week to realize that I didn't want any part of that thread.

I thought it was telling when Finley was open on 15 yard crossing routes yet Rodgers threw short to James or long to Cobb pretty much every time.

Ezio

I don't post in this thread very much if at all. Mostly because I'm a huge 49ers fan but as far as the rest of the NFL teams go. I watch highlights maybe a game here or there. Anyways, I've got a feeling that with Alex out this week, Kaep is going to suprise a lot of people and do very well. If we lose and he plays like crap, well I guess that'll teach me for posting in this thread. *runs and hides*

eznark

Banned
I don't post in this thread very much if at all. Mostly because I'm a huge 49ers fan but as far as the rest of the NFL teams go. I watch highlights maybe a game here or there. Anyways, I've got a feeling that with Alex out this week, Kaep is going to suprise a lot of people and do very well. If we lose and he plays like crap, well I guess that'll teach me for posting in this thread. *runs and hides*

291_18343942277_8349_n.jpg

Dragon

Banned

Kaep is like Assassin's Creed III, everything is in slow motion!

Greg

"He said we'd stick together and we did man, this week we were close, we had a great energy going into this game" - Finley

OH MY GOD YOU WHINY TWAT
I like that the change in routine he made was rest.

He's thinking about what he's gonna do with all the money he's getting on his soon to be 5 year, 50 million dollar contract with the Packers.
Thank you, Dutch Claus. It's the greatest gift a Packers fan could ever ask for.

cajunator

Banned
Yeah... I am picking it up. Been a gamer, that aint changing..

Thanks to you NFL-GAF. ;)

Nice. Hope you enjoy it!

I understand that line of thinking, especially since it influenced my decision to pick up a 3DS and a Vita at launch, but there are a few other factors at play. For one thing my job is kind of unstable at the moment, so while I technically have the money I'm not sure if it's a good idea to spend that much on something right now, and for another thing I already have tons of games that I'm trying to get through.

That sounds fantastic.

Honestly, if your job isnt that stable right now, you wouldnt be missing a whole lot, so its probably best to wait a few months.
If I wasnt such a fool for gaming gimmicks, I would wait too. But I like the feeling of getting shiny new tech on day 1, particularly game systems.

Don't be afraid to post if your team loses. We have Browns fans here. They post.

MechDX

All this talk of dreamy QB's yet you miss the most obvious?

matt-schaub-contract-extension.jpg

Just slinging his way to 20K career yards and the second most passing yards in a game in NFL history. Also he is banging the cheeleaders!

tmdorsey

He played Fitz some and did well against the Broncos when he had to come in that game too.

Why must you be so negative tm?!?! lol

I know I don't want to be, but the team is killing me. They still haven't played a complete yet this season and we got the meat of our division games coming up.

eznark

Banned
All this talk of dreamy QB's yet you miss the most obvious?

matt-schaub-contract-extension.jpg

Just slinging his way to 20K career yards and the second most passing yards in a game in NFL history. Also he is banging the cheeleaders!

Can't believe you took the time to shop Flacco into a Texans uni. You've taken it too far.

Honestly, if your job isnt that stable right now, you wouldnt be missing a whole lot, so its probably best to wait a few months.
If I wasnt such a fool for gaming gimmicks, I would wait too. But I like the feeling of getting shiny new tech on day 1, particularly game systems.
Yeah, it'd be a little tough to justify all things considered. It's been fun keeping up with the GAF impressions, though (and the GB stream was pretty cool).

I definitely know what you mean about wanting the shiny new tech, though. That's exactly how I felt about the Vita.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
What's the Browns playoff record against Baltimore? Or Pitt? Or Anybody.

Think about that in your shame circle.

Hahaha, as if your words even come close to hurting me as much as watching my shitty team take the field.

I was just pointing that record out is all. Baltimore seems to always be regular season champs then shit it away when it actually matters.

This made my day, preach it!

It was an extra point.He's always in for those.

He's always in most plays. This isn't an excuse. Get mad at Bill damnit! It's all his fault!

Hahaha, as if your words even come close to hurting me as much as watching my shitty team take the field.

I was just pointing that record out is all. Baltimore seems to always be regular season champs then shit it away when it actually matters.

The only thing about success Baltimore lacks over the last 10 years are Superbowl rings, and the only reason we don't have them is because we keep losing in the AFC Championship.

Gronk Gronk shouldnt have been playing when the team was up 59 points. what were the Patriots thinking?

He wasn't in on the series, just for the extra point. Which is even worse, I'm pretty sure they could have send Hakunamatatamaniuiuiui out there to act like he's blocking somebody, but it is what it is.

squicken

Dear Brian,

You were right. I was wrong. For years, I used this space to complain about you. I saw your stubborn play calling. I saw how you came up with a plan and were determined to use it. It wasn't based on your team's strengths or the other team's weaknesses. Surely you wouldn't adjust it even if there was evidence as the game progressed that something else would work better. When young players continued to make the same mistakes over and over, and you didn't correct them, I ranted and raved. I said what you did would never help the Jets win.

You told me to have faith. You were right. I was wrong. Yesterday, your inane play calling truly did help the Jets. Did it matter that your stud running back averaged over 6 yards per carry? Heck no. There was no reason to give him the ball more than 13 times. Why ride a hot back against the 30th ranked run defense in the league when you can throw it 44 times against the fourth ranked passing defense?

I should have seen it when you were here. You only did this like every week in your six years in New York. I didn't appreciate what I had until it was gone. Finally, I saw your genius play calling helping the Jets.

Never change, Schotty. Never change.

http://www.ganggreennation.com/2012/11/19/3665910/an-open-letter-to-brian-schottenheimer

i kno this feel

though just like the jets, if your QB needs the run game to set him up, then he's not very good

This made my day, preach it!
Which seasons are worse for you, the ones where the Dolphins start strong and then reveal their true nature of utter suckiness, or the ones where they are upfront and honest about how awful they are from the beginning? I think the latter hurts less at the end of the day because I'm able to maintain pessimistic snarky fan mode from the beginning instead of being forced into it after the inevitable train wreck that each promising season turns into.

Bowser

Sorry Cajun but this is hilarious coming from a Saints fan. Lol.

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN

DRRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

BRRREEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Which seasons are worse for you, the ones where the Dolphins start strong and then reveal their true nature of utter suckiness, or the ones where they are upfront and honest about how awful they are from the beginning? I think the latter hurts less at the end of the day because I'm able to maintain pessimistic snarky fan mode from the beginning instead of being forced into it after the inevitable train wreck that each promising season turns into.

1-15 is by far the worse thing I've experienced. Followed by the Wannstedt and Fiedler era. I'd rather have years of 8-8 than what the Browns have going on. I don't go through what you describe though, I always have all this false hope whether they come out strong or not. Except coming into this year, we are such a different team/style than last year had no idea what to expect.

The Rivers trade has been pretty moot about now. It was only a 5th rounder but much like in Cincy, dude can't stay healthy. Not even on a bye week.

@MikeGarafolo: Coughlin said Keith Rivers was in a car accident last week. Hoping it's only a bruised knee.

JCizzle

WOW. Can't believe Alex is out after practicing all week. This game is going to be ugly as fuck, but I'm excited to see a full game of CK. Hopefully the guy has magically improved his reads in a week.

Top Bottom