• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 11 |OT| Turn Your Head and Cough

Fox318

Pats will be #1 in power rankings this week. Loss to Jets incoming!

ibq6M2lcSfBT0p.gif

I'm always amazed at people who still care about the probowl. It's been a joke since the 90s.

Prestige man, prestige. In the case of young great talent, you'd like them to be recognized. Even if the bowl is a massive joke, peers will still vote for who they respect the most, typically. The only flaw is players will still get voted in on reputation and history even when they are washed up, have a bad year, injured all year, etc. Players that haven't been in yet typically get in the year AFTER their stud season that should have put them in there. Calais Campbell deserved it last year but didn't get it. Daryl Washington better be in there this year but I'm sure he won't. Yeah, it's dumb...but I'd still be happy to see those two get in (especially since we already locked them up so it won't inflate a new deal).

Doorman

Only just heard the news breaking over the radio so I don't have any snazzy links or anything yet, but apparently the Lions' Titus Young was benched at the end of the game against the Packers this week for being a distraction from the team, and is supposedly responsible for the heated exchange between Scott Linehan and the team's wide receivers coach. Furthermore, he was sent home before today's walk-through and has been ruled inactive this week against the Texans.

Keep in mind that, on the current depth chart, Titus is theoretically our #2 wide receiver, and this is hardly the first instance where he's gotten into trouble with the team and been dismissed. He will not last here. Get him out. Ryan Broyles and Mike Thomas future. Disgusting.

Timurid

After my team got robbed in football (soccer) today. I hope the 49ers can salvage this horrible day with a huge victory over DA bears! So all my friends can stfu about my packers yesterday. Go 49ers!

Keep in mind that, on the current depth chart, Titus is theoretically our #2 wide receiver, and this is hardly the first instance where he's gotten into trouble with the team and been dismissed. He will not last here. Get him out. Ryan Broyles and Mike Thomas future. Disgusting.

1 year too late, they should have done this when he screwed up this bad last year around this time. (I vaguely recall him punching a Saints player on the 2 yard line?)

squicken

Only just heard the news breaking over the radio so I don't have any snazzy links or anything yet, but apparently the Lions' Titus Young was benched at the end of the game against the Packers this week for being a distraction from the team, and is supposedly responsible for the heated exchange between Scott Linehan and the team's wide receivers coach. Furthermore, he was sent home before today's walk-through and has been ruled inactive this week against the Texans.

What a doofus, but at least Shorts is cracking down finally.

Doorman

1 year too late, they should have done this when he screwed up this bad last year around this time. (I vaguely recall him punching a Saints player on the 2 yard line?)

I wouldn't pull the plug on a rookie in his first season, even though he did get pretty stupid and heated in that game. But he's had more issues like that this year, and his play hasn't developed enough to justify putting up with his continued boneheadedness. It's pretty clear that he hasn't learned or matured at all in this offseason, and I don't think he'll survive as a Lion at this rate.

He could still be good, maybe, in a system that doesn't let him get away with this shit. But Schwartz and his staff just don't have the strength to deal with a character like that.

I wouldn't pull the plug on a rookie in his first season, even though he did get pretty stupid and heated in that game. But he's had more issues like that this year, and his play hasn't developed enough to justify putting up with his continued boneheadedness. It's pretty clear that he hasn't learned or matured at all in this offseason, and I don't think he'll survive as a Lion at this rate.

Was last year his rookie season? Honestly couldn't remember. But between these two incidents and even getting banned from training camp, I mean just wtf more can you do but suspend him and then cut him on the next transgression?

Prestige man, prestige. In the case of young great talent, you'd like them to be recognized. Even if the bowl is a massive joke, peers will still vote for who they respect the most, typically. The only flaw is players will still get voted in on reputation and history even when they are washed up, have a bad year, injured all year, etc. Players that haven't been in yet typically get in the year AFTER their stud season that should have put them in there. Calais Campbell deserved it last year but didn't get it. Daryl Washington better be in there this year but I'm sure he won't. Yeah, it's dumb...but I'd still be happy to see those two get in (especially since we already locked them up so it won't inflate a new deal).

That's what it used to mean, but ever since they allowed fan voting (mid 90s I think), it's been pretty much a joke. And with advent of online voting, it's even more silly. Again, just my take. I'd go back to making it just be players and coaches that vote and I would eliminate the actual game altogether. But that's just me.

That's what it used to mean, but ever since they allowed fan voting (mid 90s I think), it's been pretty much a joke. And with advent of online voting, it's even more silly. Again, just my take. I'd go back to making it just be players and coaches that vote and I would eliminate the actual game altogether. But that's just me.

Oh man, for some reason I spaced that fans could vote... Yeah, I agree then. The Pro Bowl definitely needs to either disappear, or be moved until after the Super Bowl. I've read tweets that Goodell is considering abolishing it.

Oh man, for some reason I spaced that fans could vote... Yeah, I agree then. The Pro Bowl definitely needs to either disappear, or be moved until after the Super Bowl. I've read tweets that Goodell is considering abolishing it.

I think I understand why the league put in the fan voting. They probably figured if the fans got in the players they wanted to see, that might mean better ratings for the game. But the majority of those fans don't watch the game cause it is meaningless. Furthermore, some of the big names decide to not even play in it. 2 strikes. Then along comes Goodell and says, "Let's play it before the SB!" And that means even more players deciding to pass it up. Really don't see what else they could do to it.

I think I understand why the league put in the fan voting. They probably figured if the fans got in the players they wanted to see, that might mean better ratings for the game. But the majority of those fans don't watch the game cause it is meaningless. Furthermore, some of the big names decide to not even play in it. 2 strikes. Then along comes Goodell and says, "Let's play it before the SB!" And that means even more players deciding to pass it up. Really don't see what else they could do to it.

It would be interesting if they move it until after the SB and then added a real incentive to the winner, it would be saved. Trying to think of a reward that wouldn't be too lopsided. Was going to say the winner would net all participating players an extra home game for their team (so 9-7) but that would probably be too much. You could be your ass they'd play seriously though!

Rorschach

It would be interesting if they move it until after the SB and then added a real incentive to the winner, it would be saved. Trying to think of a reward that wouldn't be too lopsided. Was going to say the winner would net all participating players an extra home game for their team (so 9-7) but that would probably be too much. You could be your ass they'd play seriously though!

Winning conference doesn't have to play their "home" game in England! Or winning conference doesn't have to play on Thursday Night Football.

All Schwartzy's fault.

Winning conference doesn't have to play their "home" game in England! Or winning conference doesn't have to play on Thursday Night Football.
Man, Thursday games are AWFUL. So boring to watch. Damn near every prime time has sucked this season, it's weird. At least the Thursdays and Mondays anyway.
How about they work out a freaking QB....

No sir, you work with whatever low string scrub you have! We played with a late 6th rounder against the Falcons on the road...

Some Lions news:

Detroit Lions @DetroitLionsNFL

Coach Schwartz just announced that Titus Young will be inactive this week vs. Houston.

Schwartz says it’s a behavioral issue and how the team moves forward will depend on how Young responds.

Schwartz says it was Young putting self above the team. “It’s your job to make the team happy, it’s not the team’s job to make you happy.”

harSon

Banned
Man, Thursday games are AWFUL. So boring to watch. Damn near every prime time has sucked this season, it's weird. At least the Thursdays and Mondays anyway.

No sir, you work with whatever low string scrub you have! We played with a late 6th rounder against the Falcons on the road...

We're starting Charlie "Glass Body" Batch at QB this Sunday, but without Leftwich and Ben, we're down to Batch and whatever scrub we have on the practice squad.

Top Bottom