• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 11 |OT| Turn Your Head and Cough

Milchjon

I wanna know which women are acceptable to deem attractive by Bucket his standards.

Is Carrie Underwood considered attractive? Doutzen Kroes ?

She could make me believe in the superiority of the Dutch. My goddess.

Edit: I wish she bought me a diner so I could make her a sandwich, though.

I took my kid to school today for the first time, and I saw that all the other parents were old as fuck. Feels pretty good to be where I am at 29.

Also, Ravens, Ravens, Ravens.

Ravens.

Milchjon

I took my kid to school today for the first time, and I saw that all the other parents were old as fuck. Feels pretty good to be where I am at 29.

Also, Ravens, Ravens, Ravens.

Ravens.

My two best friends will be parents later this year (in their mid-twenties), and I'm actually kinda envious. I'll be like 60 once my hypothetical kids enter school, if at all.

beast786

My two best friends will be parents later this year (in their mid-twenties), and I'm actually kinda envious. I'll be like 60 once my hypothetical kids enter school, if at all.

Same here, I was in my 30's when i got married and had my kid around 35. Purely due to education and career.

Now, one of my biggest regret. I know for sure I will not see my kids get married or see there child.

Vick could be gone for a "significant" amount of time:

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfceast/post/_/id/45751/might-not-see-michael-vick-for-a-while

Burkholder, whose work in this particular area helped form the basis for the NFL's concussion-recovery protocol, used the terms "foggy," "not very alert," and "heavy-eyed" to describe Vick and said he's "not even close" to returning. Rookie Nick Foles will start at quarterback in Vick's place Sunday against the Washington Redskins, and it sounds as though the Eagles will need Foles to start more than just this one game. Per the Philadelphia Inquirer:
Vick underwent impact testing on Friday, but was below the baseline, Burkholder said. He will be tested again on Monday. Burkholder said that he would normally give a concussed player a three or four-phased exercise challenge, but that Vick wasn't ready.

"He has too many symptoms for us to even exercise him," Burkholder said.

Even after he passes the testing and exercise challenge, Vick must see an independent neurologist and then the team doctor before he's cleared to return to practice.

"We're early on in the process," Burkholder said. "We're still in what I would consider Phase I. ... Right now it's not in Michael's best interest, in the league's best interest, in our best interest, it's not even close to him playing this week."

beast786

No Spivey or Delmas?

Good game Lions.

Both have been pretty much out the entire season. Like I have said. Packers wont punt the whole game.

"Thus, there is a chance the Lions' starting safeties Sunday will be second-year Ricardo Silva, who began the season on the practice squad, and Don Carey, who was released in training camp and resigned Nov. 1."

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20121116/SPORTS0101/211160424#ixzz2CQIGPxkH

This has been the story all year. Adding to the fact our Left Starting CB is also was not even in NFL this year.

squicken

So here's what I don't understand about hockey. Like football and baseball owners always end up dealing b/c they make money. They want to make more money, but no games is a price they won't pay ('94 was strike)

The NBA owners, at least enough of them, were losing money, so they were willing to lose a whole season to get changes. Of course all of this ignores the skyrocketing values of the teams, but I guess they can argue cash flow and such

But with hockey, and the owners repeatedly showing a willingness to not play games, isn't that indicative that they have a bad business model? If playing games meant the owners made good money, why would they not play them? I don't follow the sport and don't care who "wins", I'm just sort of judging it by the behavior

Milchjon

How old are you?

25. I feel both older and younger though. It's weird.

Same here, I was in my 30's when i got married and had my kid around 35. Purely due to education and career.

Now, one of my biggest regret. I know for sure I will not see my kids get married or see there child.

Why? Unless they wait til they're >40, you're pretty much guaranteed to see your grandkids. I mean, looking at average life expectancy.

Greg

Back in the day, I imagined myself to be married by 25 thinking it was so far off.

That's 3 months away, and my priorities are elsewhere.

Milchjon

25 is a strange age, kind of a tipping point.

Don't say that, man...

I just started a second degree. I'm 6 years older than most people around me (they just shortened school by one year over here, and stopped having 9 months of mandatory military/civil service, so Kids starting college are way younger than I was back then.) I'm taking life way too slow.

I just want a full time, long term job before I'm going bald :-D

LJ11

I for sure felt the change at 32 physically. It seems finally you get these pain when you are just doing every day stuff. Even small things like up all night. 25 feels like a baby.

When I turned 30 I became more active, it's the recovery time that gets you. Any injury/tweak takes longer to heal. Need more rest during a pickup game. Mentally you still think you have it, but it just doesn't translate.

Remember a recent pickup game where I was blowing by guys, felt great. Internally I was thinking, maybe I still have it. Then I go to the sideline for a spell and watch the dudes play, they couldn't move laterally at all. Easy to look good against chumps, back to reality for me...

Don't say that, man...

I just started a second degree. I'm 6 years older than most people around me (they just shortened school by one year over here, and stopped having 9 months of mandatory military/civil service, so Kids starting college are way younger than I was back then.) I'm taking life way too slow.

I just want a full time, long term job before I'm going bald :-D

That's fine, nothing wrong with that. When you're 21-23 you really have no idea what you want to do with yourself, by 25 you start to figure things out.

Milchjon

I'll continue to be a poor so eznark will always have a target.

You're white, though.

Edit: BTW, I'm not depressed or anything about my age, if it sounds like that. I was way more down as a teen, real cynical, and the older I get, the more positive and optimistic I get for some reason. I think I realized at some point that for many People, including my younger me, painting a bleak picture of the world is just another way of acting like you're deep and knowledgeable. Now I think that even rationally, there's no need to focus on bad things. Life's good.

Milchjon

Yeah - got engaged at 25, married at 26, first kid at 28.

Young Germans' views on marriage are really different from Americans', it's weird. Most just don't see the need. The aforementioned friends have been together for 9 years, are getting ready to have a kid, yet they never really talk about getting married. No one from my immediate social circle is married yet.

Wes

venison crêpe
Maybe something did happen to him. And it might be an epidemic. I just saw this footage of Kave:

eWog5.gif

Greg

I wonder what Freeman would think... I just finished working out, but now I'm eating my Chipotle bowl from this afternoon.

Is his love of food greater than his hatred of physical activity?

Top Bottom