• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 11 |OT| Turn Your Head and Cough

Just came back from picking up my system. was listening to Browns radio on the way, they were pretty angry and it escalated rather quickly lol. Cashman game on today!!!! no Haden bout to be a long one

Godslay

Banned
Nope. People's experiences over on the gaming side. Nintendo seemed to be throttling people's connections.

I wonder if there was an initial 'surge' of traffic that might have impacted speeds. I remember when the 3DS ambassador games released, it was incredibly slow initially but sped up.

To be entirely honest with you, and I'm not trying to turn this into a debate of one service being better than another, but the download speeds on the PS3/Vita have been horrific for me. Live/Wii/3DS all have faster downloads for whatever reason.

I wonder if there was an initial 'surge' of traffic that might have impacted speeds. I remember when the 3DS ambassador games released, it was incredibly slow initially but sped up.

To be entirely honest with you, and I'm not trying to turn this into a debate of one service being better than another, but the download speeds on the PS3/Vita have been horrific for me. Live/Wii/3DS all have faster downloads for whatever reason.

PSN is the worst.

When I suddenly feel the need to play Gran Turismo 5, I always have to update my PS3 first, which always takes way too long, and then an update for GT5. When you update your 360 + a game it takes like 5 minutes max, PS3 can take up to an hour and I don't even wanna play then anymore.

Dragon

Banned

Yeah I just made a tongue in cheek comment since Futurevoid said it was a snap to setup.

I have good PSN speeds (~a meg/second) but enough people complain about it to the point where it seems to be a problem. I tend to just download and install games and have the system shut off afterwards.

I would have liked if Nintendo didn't nickel and dime stuff like ethernet and storage but it should be expected by now. My wireless here in the city just sucks for anything but web browsing.

PSN is the worst.

When I suddenly feel the need to play Gran Turismo 5, I always have to update my PS3 first, which always takes way too long, and then an update for GT5. When you update your 360 + a game it takes like 5 minutes max, PS3 can take up to an hour and I don't even wanna play then anymore.

Yeah I have Plus which does all that auto-updating at 4 am. Games like Hots Shots Golf are horribad about that (and LBP too for that matter).

TheFatOne

This has been my experience as well. Vita/PS3 downloads take forever.

Suite Pee

Willing to learn
Whoo, don't have to grade as many papers today as I thought. Football all day.

I hope it's not a bad idea to play Nelson.

Bucs @ Panthers

Score will probably be 30ish to 16. Bucs are just completely shredded with injuries, especially in the secondary. I expect by the end of the game today Freeman, Martin, Jackson, Williams, Penn, McCoy, Barron, and Barber to end up on IR.

Milabrega

Ballard at NE or Starks At Detroit in PPR? Start Chargers D At Denver (who put up 35 on them last time) or just sit D and not risk negative points? There is honestly junk on FA D wise, 14 teams and some teams keep multiple D's.

cajunator

Banned
I suppose I should head to the mall and wait for it to open just in case Gamestop decides to sell my preorder. Its amazing that you can preorder something and a store still might sell it out from under you.

jakncoke

Banned
I suppose I should head to the mall and wait for it to open just in case Gamestop decides to sell my preorder. Its amazing that you can preorder something and a store still might sell it out from under you.

No it's not, these people make basically min wage. They dont give a single fuck about you or that store reputation.

Key match-ups for today's Packers/Lions game:

- Aaron Rodgers vs. Pat Lee
- Matthew Stafford vs. a plate of BBQ spare ribs
- Jim Schwartz vs. Sanity

WedgeX

Banned
Calvin playing today?

He'll play if they have to carry him onto the field. He'd still draw triple coverage!

ibxb0BfPqifZeO.jpg

edit:

Key match-ups for today's Packers/Lions game:

- Aaron Rodgers vs. Pat Lee
- Matthew Stafford vs. a plate of BBQ spare ribs
- Jim Schwartz vs. Sanity

Its a toss-up! Also, yet another week where google was required to inform about a Lions defensive back.

squicken

Andrew Siciliano ‏@AndrewSiciliano
Hmmmmm RT @RichCimini: Interesting that Mark Sanchez also takes second-team reps at QB in pre-game warmups.

Please no Tebow. Just wait until next week plz

cajunator

Banned
Your culture is uniquely lazy.

No.
This is also not New Orleans, or anywhere close to New Orleans.
2 hours away.
Typically stuff opens at 9-10 AM on weekdays.
This is a sunday thing.

Also, Cajuns are pretty much the opposite of lazy.
They work their asses off. Very blue collar.

jakncoke

Banned
No.
This is also not New Orleans, or anywhere close to New Orleans.
2 hours away.
Typically stuff opens at 9-10 AM on weekdays.
This is a sunday thing.

Also, Cajuns are pretty much the opposite of lazy.
They work their asses off. Very blue collar.

religion bs isnt it.

why is terry bring up buying some fucking horse for 3500. lol

Godslay

Banned
Yeah I just made a tongue in cheek comment since Futurevoid said it was a snap to setup.

I have good PSN speeds (~a meg/second) but enough people complain about it to the point where it seems to be a problem. I tend to just download and install games and have the system shut off afterwards.

I would have liked if Nintendo didn't nickel and dime stuff like ethernet and storage but it should be expected by now. My wireless here in the city just sucks for anything but web browsing.

Yeah I have Plus which does all that auto-updating at 4 am. Games like Hots Shots Golf are horribad about that (and LBP too for that matter).

It's interesting how much PSN varies in terms of connection/dl speeds. Great for some, terrible for others. Plus is great though for free games. Can't complain too much.

As far as Nintendo and nickle and diming, if you look at it from the standpoint that they innovate in some areas (Wiimote, tablet), and sacrifice in others then I think it's a fair trade off. The price has to be palatable. I think (even after reading the Wii U RAM thread), the performance will be good enough. I've never really bought Nintendo consoles or consoles in general for performance. Just give me Nintendo exclusives in HD.

Dragon

Banned
It's interesting how much PSN varies in terms of connection/dl speeds. Great for some, terrible for others. Plus is great though for free games. Can't complain too much.

As far as Nintendo and nickle and diming, if you look at it from the standpoint that they innovate in some areas (Wiimote, tablet), and sacrifice in others then I think it's a fair trade off. The price has to be palatable. I think (even after reading the Wii U RAM thread), the performance will be good enough. I've never really bought Nintendo consoles or consoles in general for performance. Just give me Nintendo exclusives in HD.

Yeah I doubt you'll be disappointed with Nintendo's exclusives. I almost bought a 3DS yesterday but Best Buy sucks and had almost no games that I was interested in. I wonder if Amazon will do a Black Friday deal on it, been wanting to play more games on the go lately.

Top Bottom