• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 11 |OT| Turn Your Head and Cough

verbum

Let them coast to the last ten yards.
They have trouble getting in.
Then again they could use Quizz and youd be fucked.
If they use Turner they can be stopped.

That was so frustrating last week. But I expected something like that all season. Too many games won in the last drive. I wonder if the team and fans come to expect a positive result even being down in the last 5 minutes and the players lost a sense of urgency.

Wes

venison crêpe
Even before last night David Shaw from Stanford was being linked to the Browns HC job. I imagine such a link would become stronger now.

cajunator

Banned
That was so frustrating last week. But I expected something like that all season. Too many games won in the last drive. I wonder if the team and fans come to expect a positive result even being down in the last 5 minutes and the players lost a sense of urgency.

The Saints will never ever sleep on the Falcons or overlook them. It will always be a close game unless the gap in talent is enormous.

cajunator

Banned
Anyone pick up the Wii U? Curious of folks' impressions here.

By brother picked it up. Havent had a change to check it out yet though.

Going to pick up mine in a couple of hours when the mall across the street opens.
Its already paid off so the fuckers better not sell my reserve.

By brother picked it up. Havent had a change to check it out yet though.
Still have 3 hours until I can pick mine up, not sure what game I'm getting yet. Leaning towards BLops right now. Want to see some reviews for the other games

Brinbe

Man, those Wii-U threads in gaming... reminds me why I stay away from there as much as possible. Anyway, I'll probably end up picking one up soon, whenever I see it in stock somewhere. Told myself I wasn't gonna get it, but from some hands-on demo time with various games over the past few weeks convinced me it's worth it, at least as a secondary console.

At the very least I'll end up with SMB/ZombiU/Scribblenauts, which should keep me occupied for a while.

Slo

Think I'm waiting until next gen to pick up a new console. I've been operating without one for so long, and my gaming PC can last one more year.

WedgeX

Banned
I'm just not even excited for the lions today. Got dang it. They'd better......never mind.

Anyhow, I'll be going to the thanksgiving day game! Any other gaffers going to be in attendance?

eznark

Banned
I'm just not even excited for the lions today. Got dang it. They'd better......never mind.

Anyhow, I'll be going to the thanksgiving day game! Any other gaffers going to be in attendance?

I honestly think the Lions probably win. Avril is going to abuse Lang.

Slo

Restore the roar!

wide-receiver-calvin-johnson-of-the-detroit-lions-the-player-seen-here-scored-two-tds-in-a-game-played-against-the-packers-at-ford-field-last-season.jpg
11822572-large.jpg

large_20080909_millen.jpg
73829_redskins_lions_football.jpg

detroit-lions-fan-gets-0-16-tattoo.jpg
detroit-lions-fans-0bc0fd98dcab43ec.jpg

bilde.jpeg
detroit-big-time-4x3.jpg

Nakazato

Sure is going to suck to lose to a guy who can eat 3 sandwiches during his throwing cycle isnt it. FUCK THE RATS GO STEELERS BIIIIITCH

The statue will be sacked at least 5 times and throw 2 ints ive seen 1st hand what leftwhich can do.... And thats lose in embarrassing fashion. That steel is getting rusty. Go Ravens biiiiiiittttttcccchhhhh

Slo

How is this Jets fan on ESPN right now only 31?! Looks like he's going on 50.

wtf.

Surely Tebow has revealed himself to him as a burning bush, and upon looking upon Tebow's glory, the man has gained the wisdom of many decades.

Think I'm waiting until next gen to pick up a new console. I've been operating without one for so long, and my gaming PC can last one more year.

Next gen as in Wii-U or next gen as in real next gen?

I joke Nintendo diehards, the controller technology actually looks pretty neat, I must admit.

Slo

If it weren't for Madden league I'd just go Sony/Nintendo/PC

Kinda hoping to jump back into the Madden league at some point.

Edit: Plus my son is starting to outgrow Madden on the Wii, and I want to start playing with/against him on a big boy system.

jakncoke

Banned
I wonder how bad i'd do in the madden league, I assume you guys play pretty realistic? I've only ever played online madden briefly with madden 09' and quit after like 4 games because chodes that play.

eznark

Banned
Kinda hoping to jump back into the Madden league at some point.

Edit: Plus my son is starting to outgrow Madden on the Wii, and I want to start playing with/against him on a big boy system.

YES. The guy who has the Vikings now is a total asshole.

Slo

I wonder how bad i'd do in the madden league, I assume you guys play pretty realistic? I've only ever played online madden briefly with madden 09' and quit after like 4 games because chodes that play.

It's better in the league than just playing randoms because Madden-GAF at least tries to play realistically and afterwards they have to show their face in the forum and answer for their cheese. That said, there was ALWAYS lots of drama over silly bullshit. :jnc

The reason I stopped was because it was hard to schedule games as an adult with college brats. I'd want to play at 8pm and they'd always want to play at 2am or some shit. That, or you'd show up for your game on time and the other guy will refuse to leave his game of Halo for 45 minutes before finally starting your game.

Got to be too much of a hassle.

YES. The guy who has the Vikings now is a total asshole.

:jnc Why do I feel like it's beast or ari or somebody? Bob? Did you steal my Vikings?

What is with your doubting Thomas routine this year?

At this rate, you're no better than all of the other Packlets.

So glad I'm a Vikings fan, otherwise I'd find your lack of faith disturbing.

eznark

Banned
What is with your doubting Thomas routine this year?

At this rate, you're no better than all of the other Packlets.

So glad I'm a Vikings fan, otherwise I'd find your lack of faith disturbing.

No Clay Matthews so the Packers need to win a shoot out and the offense is without one of the better pass pro linemen. Could get ugly.

Slo

Oh Ez, before I forget. Gophersports.com says that there were just two ice soccer games played between Minney/Sconi. Kind of surprised that you didn't bring it up, I'd have like watching them.

WedgeX

Banned

Maybe if the Lion wake up before the 4th quarter, and this happens during every GB offensive snap.

ijIgZ2D3uP7G9.gif

Restore the roar!

ikshCc19c6ZJJ.jpg

Oh Ez, before I forget. Gophersports.com says that there were just two ice soccer games played between Minney/Sconi. Kind of surprised that you didn't bring it up, I'd have like watching them.

Ice soccer sounds awesome. Also. First a Bobby Lane av, now a Barry Sanders? What kind of reverse bets are you partaking in?

MechDX

Houston Texans ‏@HoustonTexans

The official roof decision is CLOSED today at Reliant Stadium for the Texans-Jags #DeepSteelSunday game. Kickoff at noon CT. #TexansGameday

Its 60 degrees and sunny and they still wont open the roof.

Wes

venison crêpe
Who is David Shaw? I saw a quick note about him.

Stanford HC. Under the radar but a lot of the Browns fan writers who actually talk some sense are suggesting that not only would he be a good pick, that his personality would likely fit in with that of Banner and Haslam.

TheLegendary said:

Going through the massive initial update right now. (the white is so much nicer than the smudge inducing black)

Controller feels great and the system setup was a snap. Just want to get some gaming in soon.

Slo said:
I didn't know you had kids, Future.
Yep. Two of them. 6 year old and a 10 month old. My 6 year old is pacing around the Wii U controller right now asking "When is gonna be done?!" every five minutes. :jnc

beast786

No Clay Matthews so the Packers need to win a shoot out and the offense is without one of the better pass pro linemen. Could get ugly.

Lol, what's wrong with you. Abril has been mediocre, I am not even sure he is playing , had a concussion last game.

Have you watched lions game bro? Team are 3 step pop, totally taking out DL effect. our secoundy is all out due to injuries with a guy in safety who was in practice squad , god knows who the other CB or nickel is going to be beside Houston ?

4TD 340 Yards

Packers won't punt. Only way they mess this up if Fraudgers get greedy.....

beast786

Maybe if the Lion wake up before the 4th quarter, and this happens during every GB offensive snap.

ijIgZ2D3uP7G9.gif

ikshCc19c6ZJJ.jpg

Ice soccer sounds awesome. Also. First a Bobby Lane av, now a Barry Sanders? What kind of reverse bets are you partaking in?

I am here with you man.

Top Bottom