• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 12 |OT| What Are You Thankful For?

TheFatOne

Tweeted by Sando: "Tom Brady 3 TD and 3 INT with 0-2 record against Seahawks and Cardinals. 18 TD and 0 INT with 7-1 record vs other opponents."

DAT D

I would say that was the case in the Cardinals game, but from what I remember in the Seahawks game Brady was just off. Had a bunch of unforced errors.

squicken

I cant see being okay with him leaving. They were not even competitive most games last year. This year they have been a much better team. Fisher might not be a great coach, but he is solid and he gets his team ready to play most weeks.

They spent all their offseason resources on the the defense. All of Fishers top assistants and friends he brought with him are on defense. His son and the coaches' sons that are on staff are on defense. They did next to nothing to address the offense. All the coaches on offense are outsiders to the guys Fisher has worked with in the past

And guess what? The defense sucks. They were supposed to win games with defense and conservative offense but the defense just gives it up. I'm not saying I want him to leave. I've just seen enough to know he's nothing special

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I'm thankful for the Browns.

Me too.

Lets you appreciate what you have.

Both of y'all is bitches!

Gator just mad because his real team the Jags are somehow worse then the Browns. And when his big bad Pats came to get revenge for him the last time they played he instead got to see Brady get his ass handed to him by Colt McCoy.

Coldplay I don't even remember what team you cheer for but I'm sure they suck.

They spent all their offseason resources on the the defense. All of Fishers top assistants and friends he brought with him are on defense. His son and the coaches' sons that are on staff are on defense. They did next to nothing to address the offense. All the coaches on offense are outsiders to the guys Fisher has worked with in the past

And guess what? The defense sucks. They were supposed to win games with defense and conservative offense but the defense just gives it up. I'm not saying I want him to leave. I've just seen enough to know he's nothing special

The D was terrible last year. How much could it reasonably be expected to change in one year? New coaches always get 2 to 3 years grace period before you can really judge them.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
What in the fuck?

Apparently the Cleveland Browns are giving out WHITE TOWELS to all fans at the game this Sunday.

Really?!?! How stupid are the marketing people in Cleveland?

Big Ben isn't there this week, we don't have to bend over right away. We have a choice this time!

A8O8OpECYAEd121.jpg:large

What in the fuck?

Apparently the Cleveland Browns are giving out WHITE TOWELS to all fans at the game this Sunday.

Big Ben isn't there this week, we don't have to bend over right away. We have a choice this time!
image.php

squicken

The D was terrible last year. How much could it reasonably be expected to change in one year? New coaches always get 2 to 3 years grace period before you can really judge them.

DL

Chris Long--1st Round pick
Michael Brockers--1st
Robert Quinn--1st
Kendall Langford--$12m 2012 FA

Who has more invested in a DL than that?

Others

Lauranitis 2nd
Jenkins 2nd
Finnegan $50m 2012 FA
Mikell $27m 2011 FA

8 of the defensive starters are either big $ FAs or 1st or 2nd round picks. And it's not like they are old or aren't Fisher's guys. That level of investment, honestly, should be dominant. Fisher either can't evaluate talent or can't coach it.

bionic77

I don't think Jordan is a Republican, his most famous line is that Republicans buy sneakers too. However I know he had fundraisers for Obama.
I am almost positive he is a Republican. In fact I would bet most your lives on it. And I am pretty sure if you are black you have to campaign for Obama or else lose your black status for good, regardless of what you feel about taxes.

TheFatOne

I'm ok with this statement.
Cardinals defense was legit against the Pats. Especially the interior guys on the dline.
And by a total of 4 pts.

That is actually a bad sign. Means the Pats couldn't close out close game when they needed to. The Ravens game is the real killer. They had a perfect opportunity to close the game out, and they choked.

2 of those INTs were tipped balls

also,all of the Pats losses came against teams with bird mascots

Brady has also been lucky this year. He has had several tipped balls that should have been ints. You have to have some luck to throw as few int as he has thrown.

bionic77

What in the fuck?

I wish other teams had a little more imagination. Instead of just cheaply copying the Terrible Towel come up with your own thing.

Speaking of the Browns when is the last time this many people were at least considering picking the Browns (or just outright picking them) against the Steelers?

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I wish other teams had a little more imagination. Instead of just cheaply copying the Terrible Towel come up with your own thing.

Speaking of the Browns when is the last time this many people were at least considering picking the Browns (or just outright picking them) against the Steelers?

From my lurking days never.

But I think the pity people have seeing me be so passionate about this shitty team has swayed some of their minds to just see me happy for once.

LevelNth

Banned
DL

Chris Long--1st Round pick
Michael Brockers--1st
Robert Quinn--1st
Kendall Langford--$12m 2012 FA

Who has more invested in a DL than that?

Others

Lauranitis 2nd
Jenkins 2nd
Finnegan $50m 2012 FA
Mikell $27m 2011 FA

8 of the defensive starters are either big $ FAs or 1st or 2nd round picks. And it's not like they are old or aren't Fisher's guys. That level of investment, honestly, should be dominant. Fisher either can't evaluate talent or can't coach it.
You led the league in sacks last year and are on pace to likely finish in the Top 5 again this year.

You've improved from bottom third of the league to Top 10 in Total Defense. You've lowered your PPG average this year.

All of this on a much harder schedule than you'd faced last year.

I do not understand why you are so obtuse about your 'team' yet feign this intricate, indepth knowledge.

Not a Jellyfish

but I am a sheep
Only thing upset will be Jet fans.

I beg to differ, have you taken a look at your schedule?

Jets on the road when they need to win to stay alive, Dolphins who are also desperate for a win, then the Texans and 49ers...

That is a tough stretch, in a perfect world you guys would drop all of them and wind up 7-7 by the end of it.

You will probably beat the LOLphins though.

I beg to differ, have you taken a look at your schedule?

Jets on the road when they need to win to stay alive, Dolphins who are also desperate for a win, then the Texans and 49ers...

That is a tough stretch, in a perfect world you guys would drop all of them and wind up 7-7 by the end of it.

You will probably beat the LOLphins though.

They will beat the Jets and Phins.Probably split with the 9ers and Texans.

DMczaf

NBC’s “Sunday Night Football” was eyeballing the Buccaneers-Broncos game in two weeks as a potential matchup the network wanted to flex from its originally scheduled 2:05 p.m. MST kickoff to 6:30 p.m.

In the end, no changes were made. NBC prime time will be stuck with the dud game between the Dallas Cowboys and Philadelphia Eagles.

Thanks NBC...

Mrbob

Eagles fans don't even want to watch the Eagles anymore.

Taco Truck could have made a prime time appearance.

The fuck does that even mean?

Do you share Kolb's concussions too?

No I dont have any concussions. I just mean as great as it would be to win a SB in the end only 1 team gets to each year. We are up to SB 46, so even the super successful teams like the Steelers and 9ers have only won like 1/8. I would take the Eagles and there 0 SBs over the Bucs and there 1 any day. You know a franchise is terrible when people are getting excited about being 6-4 and 3 games out of 1st.

What in the fuck?

:jnc

Although, I'm in no position to make light of anyone's use of towels.

Slo

What in the fuck?

White flags would have made sense.

bionic77

Welp didn't get that job.

Oh hey depression old friend, how've you been?
You might not have gotten that job and really now there is no guarantee that you will ever get to where you want to in life, but on the brighter side how about those ratings in that Packers/Lions game?

I am not even going to be watching the score of games anymore, its all ratings all da time.

Top Bottom