• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 12 |OT| What Are You Thankful For?

cajunator

Banned
Ok I got the pumpkin cheesecake in the oven and fixing to start my cinnamon apple cranberry sauce. Damn turkeys are taking forever to thaw.

Maybe I should sit them out on the patio for a couple hours....

Love this time of year.
Already this week I have had smoked amberjack, chinese barbecued ribs, joong, various homemade dimsum/dumplings, homemade wonton soup, and pecan pralines. A nice mix.

Alex smith is one of the greatest qbs ever if the cards are an elite pass D

I already admitted we were complete shit that game all around. I was extremely disappointed with the team because usually the team gets riled up for SF so they are the last team in the league I expected us to not be prepared for and put up a good fight. No excuses, we sucked just like the Bears on Monday.

14-2 for the Ravens? Have you seen our schedule?

Yep, that's giving you pretty much every toss-up possible.

I could see the Ravens losing to the Broncos, Giants, and Steelers.

Redskins are no longer an easy win and at the Bengals is a division road game that, depending on how things shake out, could decide whether or not the Bengals get into the playoffs. That certainly won't be easy either.

squicken

"In my opinion, if you can't be happy for your teammate's success, you're playing the wrong sport," Smith said today, his first media appearance in a week. "Go play tennis or golf or something. It's ridiculous, I think. That doesn't belong in team sports, in my opinion."

Two days after Kaepernick's impressive game against the Bears, there has been no change in the quarterback dynamic. Smith still has not been cleared to play in a game, although both he and Jim Harbaugh today said they were optimistic that would happen this week. Smith will practice today in a black, no-contact jersey.

"I feel good. I feel really good," Smith said. "So I'm kind of expecting things to go well."

Read more here: http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archi...re-playing-the-wrong-sport.html#storylink=cpy

iUql4bxY8RfSI.jpg

Yep, that's giving you pretty much every toss-up possible.

I could see the Ravens losing to the Broncos, Giants, and Steelers.

Redskins are no longer an easy win and the Bengals is a division road game that, depending on how things shake out, could decide whether or not the Bengals get into the playoffs. That certainly won't be easy either.

We'll lose all our road games left, including this week. Flacco on the road! I need some Flacco road stats.

Edit: Got some

Game log for 2012 road games

@PHI 22-42 232 1 1
@KC 13-27 187 0 1
@HOU 21-43 147 1 2
@CLE 15-24 153 1 0
@PIT 20-32 164 0 0

And in 2011, other than the St Louis game (aka Torrey Smith game), he was abysmal. THIS SHIT AINT NEW!

@TEN 15-32 197 1 2
@STL 27-48 289 3 0
@JAC 21-38 137 1 1 (worst MNF game ever)
@PIT 28-47 300 1 0
@SEA 29-52 255 1 1
@CLE 10-23 158 0 0
@SD 23-34 226 2 2
@CIN 15-19 130 1 0

And this doesn't include fumbles, and trust me, he's got some.

evilhomer

Just read that Aaron Curry got cut by the Raiders.

Dude was supposed to be the safest player in the draft and two teams have already given up on him so fast...what a bust he turned out to be.

At least we still get a 5th round pick for him this year.

Just read that Aaron Curry got cut by the Raiders.

Dude was supposed to be the safest player in the draft and two teams have already given up on him so fast...what a bust he turned out to be.

At least we still get a 5th round pick for him this year.

I remember seachicken fans calling him pwill jr lololollllll

Are there really people who spend Thanksgiving out camping in front of a Best Buy?

Sad...

One of those times when the internet is your friend.

You can get everything you need, at the same (or lower) prices and not have to freeze your ass off for hours while jockeying with frenzied soccer moms.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
Yea wtf are people picking the Texans to win this smh isn't gonna happen.
yea I just don't see them doing it. 3 games in 12 days two of which are on the road, plus pretty much full extra quarter. of course they could.

This thread is going to be crazy hilarious when the Lions go airshow on the Texans garbage pass D this weekend. Meltdowns everywhere!

So Texan fans are resigned to one and done in playoffs then? Well, that's good to know.
LevelNth said:
Unless of course you're just trying to feign this faulty underdog persona despite this being the exact type of game you must win convincingly.
i see you woke up again not knowing anything about football and pulling shit out of your ass.

How is it going to be hilarious if pretty much all of us expect them to lose? Second, their secondary is hardly garbage.

Resigned to one and done? Hardly, if they get home field they are going to be extremely hard to beat at home. They've already beaten the Ravens and Broncos in convincing fashion.

That's Houston fans in general for every Houston sports team. That's not just a Texans thing.

We have a strange fanbase.
what are you talking about. The fans are extremely loud on defense. And they were too loud on offense in overtime.

Isn't Houston an A&M town before anything else?

Or is it still loaded with UT fans?
UT, A&M, wayyyy too many LSU, Texas Tech, plus a lot of new yorkers. Because our economy is so good we get people from all over the states.

MechDX

UT, A&M, wayyyy too many LSU, Texas Tech, plus a lot of new yorkers. Because our economy is so good we get people from all over the states.

You seen the influx of Packers fans? I saw another damn Packer logo in my neighborhood today. Always seen lots of Steeler logos.

beast786

Picked up wii U deluxe. walked into Walmart.

also picked up zombie u and scribble abut. Screw Mario.

you guys were right the controller is sweet and fits perfect in hand. Haven't turned it on yet it's charging.

for love of Mario Nintendo why in the world ALL YOUR WIRES AND THAT HUGE BRICK ADOPTER CRAP IS GRAY COLOR.

seriously WTF, everything is shar/beautiful black except EVERYTHING that attaches to it.

Wrayfield

Picked up wii U deluxe. walked into Walmart.

also picked up zombie u and scribble abut. Screw Mario.

you guys were right the controller is sweet and fits perfect in hand. Haven't turned it on yet it's charging.

for love of Mario Nintendo why in the world ALL YOUR WIRES AND THAT HUGE BRICK ADOPTER CRAP IS GRAY COLOR.

seriously WTF, everything is shar/beautiful black except EVERYTHING that attaches to it.

Crazy thing, I read the Digital Foundry review and thought the system is shite. Wasn't really interested to begin with but the review implied cheap finishing. Went into a shop, just looking for PS3 games, saw a WiiU controller, and it was really well done. Nothing wrong with it to me. Just reminded me not to pay too much attention to written reviews, just check it out for yourself if you like it, is all...

LJ11

I'd like to wish all the fans of perennial losers a Happy Thanksgiving!

The rest of you can go fuck yourselves.

beast786

Crazy thing, I read the Digital Foundry review and thought the system is shite. Wasn't really interested to begin with but the review implied cheap finishing. Went into a shop, just looking for PS3 games, saw a WiiU controller, and it was really well done. Nothing wrong with it to me. Just reminded me not to pay too much attention to written reviews, just check it out for yourself if you like it, is all...

I am a gamer I was gonna get it. but the controller seems better than I thought. I have a real monster PC and will get next Sony console but again will skip xbox

Top Bottom