• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 12 |OT| What Are You Thankful For?

cajunator

Banned
No I dont have any concussions. I just mean as great as it would be to win a SB in the end only 1 team gets to each year. We are up to SB 46, so even the super successful teams like the Steelers and 9ers have only won like 1/8. I would take the Eagles and there 0 SBs over the Bucs and there 1 any day. You know a franchise is terrible when people are getting excited about being 6-4 and 3 games out of 1st.

I see what you mean. Its still funny though.

squicken

You led the league in sacks last year and are on pace to likely finish in the Top 5 again this year.

You've improved from bottom third of the league to Top 10 in Total Defense. You've lowered your PPG average this year.

All of this on a much harder schedule than you'd faced last year.

I do not understand why you are so obtuse about your 'team' yet feign this intricate, indepth knowledge

Schedule: Hardest in league last year, hardest so far this year

Health: 9 DBs alone on IR last year, none so far this year (at any position on D)

3rd down: 22nd this year, 17 last year

PPG are better this year, but forcing far less TOs, more penalties, 3rd down and about the same. The advanced metrics stuff they have gone from bad to about average.

My argument is economic. For what they have spent on defense, they have a bad ROI. I also think Fisher's team building approach is flawed. He spent almost nothing on the offense, while splurging on defense. Here's just are a couple of articles on why that is dumb

http://www.advancednflstats.com/2011/01/top-offenses-top-defenses.html

http://www.advancednflstats.com/2007/07/what-makes-teams-win-part-1.html

You build teams by amplifying the production of the QB, as he controls the game action. You don't build teams through defense. And if you, you better be exceptional like SF, and not middle of the road like STL

That's twice now you've gone on blast. I corrected you last week and figured it was over. Please PM me whatever issue you have or just put me on ignore

Ranvier

Tomorrow we celebrate the one year anniversary of the Ravens' dominance over the Niners in Harbaugh Bowl I.

It wasn't dominance, that bullshit chopblock call on gore changed the entire momentum of the game.

Theres a 40 minute sound fx episode on that game on YouTube that's pretty good. Also, why the hell does John look so much younger and fitter than Jim? Isn't Jim younger?

Yet people want to shit on the Falcons for struggling against the Cards. The Cardinals have the #2 ranked pass defense!

Now if we struggle against Tampa's dead last pass defense, that will be concerning.

People overlook our D because of our record and the losing streak. No shame in being owned by our D. Too bad the O gift rapped that TD for you guys on the 'dead' play...

MechDX

ESPN put up their updated Playoff Machine. I finished the season for the NFL thread and here is your playoff seedings:

PlayoffsESPN.png

I even had Houston losing to the Pats and Vikings.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/machine

LevelNth

Banned
Schedule: Hardest in league last year, hardest so far this year

Health: 9 DBs alone on IR last year, none so far this year (at any position on D)

3rd down: 22nd this year, 17 last year

PPG are better this year, but forcing far less TOs, more penalties, 3rd down and about the same. The advanced metrics stuff they have gone from bad to about average.

My argument is economic. For what they have spent on defense, they have a bad ROI. I also think Fisher's team building approach is flawed. He spent almost nothing on the offense, while splurging on defense. Here's just are a couple of articles on why that is dumb

http://www.advancednflstats.com/2011/01/top-offenses-top-defenses.html

http://www.advancednflstats.com/2007/07/what-makes-teams-win-part-1.html

You build teams by amplifying the production of the QB, as he controls the game action. You don't build teams through defense. And if you, you better be exceptional like SF, and not middle of the road like STL

That's twice now you've gone on blast. I corrected you last week and figured it was over. Please PM me whatever issue you have or just put me on ignore
You didn't correct anything. All you do is list pointless, unrelated stats and whine, whine, whine. Sorry if that upsets you to point out, but it's all I see from you about the Rams.

It's been 10 games with an entirely new coaching staff.

squicken

You didn't correct anything. All you do is list pointless, unrelated stats and whine, whine, whine. Sorry if that upsets you to point out, but it's all I see from you about the Rams.

It's been 10 games with an entirely new coaching staff.

The Jason Smith thing. You clearly have beef. sorry I'm not more positive about a team that has gone 5-20-1

10 games seems to be fine for Schiano. Same for Harbs last year. The league is built for quick turnarounds

bionic77

I would say something back but the Steelers suck.
Sucking balls is how you win playoff games in January and the Superbowl in February. And you would be hard pressed to find a team that has sucked balls harder than the Steelers the past two weeks (going 1-1 in the process, a really great sign).

You Pats fans can enjoy your 30 point blowouts of shitty teams in October and November. That never translates to anything in the playoffs.

Sucking balls is how you win playoff games in January and the Superbowl in February. And you would be hard pressed to find a team that has sucked balls harder than the Steelers the past two weeks (going 1-1 in the process, a really great sign).

You Pats fans can enjoy your 30 point blowouts of shitty teams in October and November. That never translates to anything in the playoffs.

You guys sucked last year and got castrated by Tebow in the playoffs.

Godslay

Banned

Do you have Denver losing to Baltimore? That's the only loss I see potentially. If we win that game and run the table the second seed is ours.

We of course will need help from NE, but I can see them losing both SF and HOU games.

Will be interesting none the less.

Slo

Do you have Denver losing to Baltimore? That's the only loss I see potentially. If we win that game and run the table the second seed is ours.

We of course will need help from NE, but I can see them losing both SF and HOU games.

Will be interesting none the less.

Shit, I don't know man. I know the Vikings won a lot, and the Packers and Bears lost a lot.

tmdorsey

Alex smith is one of the greatest qbs ever if the cards are an elite pass D

They probably just didn't respect or underestimated him. Their pass defense was pretty damn awesome against us, particularly their pass rush.

I finally got my hands on a Wii U! Will be setting it up tonight and play a few games with the girls.

bionic77

Bears just lost 32 to 7.

Guess they'll be seeing the Steelers in the Super Bowl.
Hard to say. They did put on a good show last week.

The one thing I can say for certain though is that you won't be around to watch it. Apparently after November it gets too cold for Bears fans to watch football.

They probably just didn't respect or underestimated him. Their pass defense was pretty damn awesome against us, particularly their pass rush.

I finally got my hands on a Wii U! Will be setting it up tonight and play a few games with the girls.
Congrats! How'd you finally get one

They play Alex twice a year. There are no surprises!

Ps. Add me to your wiiU buddy list! My nid is frenchmovietheme

My playoff predictions
playoffs1.jpg

@Godslay, this does assume that the Broncos lose to the Ravens.

But...the Panthers still have a chance!
playoff2.jpg

This assumes that the Giants, Vikings, Bucs, Seahawks, Cardinals, and Saints all simultaneously hit the shitter and the Panthers run the table.

cajunator

Banned

Grats!

MechDX

Ok I got the pumpkin cheesecake in the oven and fixing to start my cinnamon apple cranberry sauce. Damn turkeys are taking forever to thaw.

Maybe I should sit them out on the patio for a couple hours....

Top Bottom