• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 12 |OT| What Are You Thankful For?

Greg

Rosenthal tweet says it all, Harbaugh's coaching job is so good people are upset he's benching Smith, if he's even doing that.

For one, Alex isn't cleared yet, so until that happens this is all a non-story for me. Could they purposely not be clearing him to run with Kap? Sure, but I'm not a 14 year old girl and have no interest in conspiracy/gossip crap.

Do I think Alex deserves to start? To be honest, I don't care, and I trust this coaching staff to evaluate the two of them properly in practice. I want the Niners to win, bar none.

The one thing I do know is, and I don't take credit for this because I read an article about it about 5 weeks ago, is that Alex is succeeding mostly on the back of the gameplan. It is conservative, has a lot of outs, and peppers in some shots here and there.

Kap can succeed with this same gameplan, I have little doubt of that, and I don't see them changing it. Alex cannot be consistent with the medium and deep ball, we all know this, whereas Kap's upside in that area is much, much higher. Not to mention his athleticism.

All I know is, if Kap gets a chance to play against the Saints this weekend and excels again, it will definitely be an exciting time for me as a Niner fan.
I read that. On GAF. Last season.

Alex sucks.

Godslay

Banned
If the likes of Montana and Elway can be benched, Alex can be too. The only difference is that if Kap plays well Alex isn't coming back.

Lunchbox would never make it in Sconiland, he wouldn't be able to pretend he's that horse woman from Sex in the city.

-Happy Thanksgiving
-Fuck the Texans
-I'm sorry you all have to watch the Lions on such a joyous day
-I can't wait to see JJ Watt embarrass Gosder Cherilus on a whole new level
-Fuck the Texans

eznark

Banned
Why does that ugly broad have half her head shaved and why is the other half pink? The fuck is wrong with these kids?

Briefcase drill team. Why?

LevelNth

Banned
I read that. On GAF. Last season.

Alex sucks.
Harsh. Here's a question, does everyone think Alex was irreparably damaged by his first 6 years in the league development-wise, or that he simply was mis-scouted and was limited in his physical abilities?

As damaging as the first 6 years were, I think the latter is definitely a possibility. He is so much better now than he used to be, but he still just doesn't do certain things well at all.

jakncoke

Banned
Jakncoke I'm coming for you this week! SuperBowl number 1 of two left this year.

bring-it.gif

Bowser

Florio reports three names that have been heard in the grapevine as candidates for the Panthers GM job:

Eric DeCosta, Ravens assistant GM - pipe dream, but I'd love it
Marc Ross, Giants Director of College Scouting - yes pls
Scott McCloughan, former 49ers GM - meh, decent drafts during his time with the 49ers, but would much prefer the other two

edit: look at this fucking mopey thug idiot

59139_473132846071445_1623699945_n.jpg

amirite?

Slo

I just ran a quick 5k with the family; new Thanksgiving tradition. Now where's my got damned pecan pie.

Nameless

Rosenthal tweet says it all, Harbaugh's coaching job is so good people are upset he's benching Smith, if he's even doing that.

For one, Alex isn't cleared yet, so until that happens this is all a non-story for me. Could they purposely not be clearing him to run with Kap? Sure, but I'm not a 14 year old girl and have no interest in conspiracy/gossip crap.

Do I think Alex deserves to start? To be honest, I don't care, and I trust this coaching staff to evaluate the two of them properly in practice. I want the Niners to win, bar none.

The one thing I do know is, and I don't take credit for this because I read an article about it about 5 weeks ago, is that Alex is succeeding mostly on the back of the gameplan. It is conservative, has a lot of outs, and peppers in some shots here and there.

Kap can succeed with this same gameplan, I have little doubt of that, and I don't see them changing it. Alex cannot be consistent with the medium and deep ball, we all know this, whereas Kap's upside in that area is much, much higher. Not to mention his athleticism.

All I know is, if Kap gets a chance to play against the Saints this weekend and excels again, it will definitely be an exciting time for me as a Niner fan.

I felt Alex had earned another year, but he was never not keeping the seat warm for Kaepernick. Kap was always the guy, Harbs just needed an excuse. And though he'll never say it I'm sure there's part of Harbaugh that didn't want to be locked into Smith had he taken us to the SB this year.

The ONLY draw back in going with Kaepernick is his lack of experience. It's the main reason I was behind sticking with Alex for this year. It'll be a minor miracle if Kap doesn't have that(those) 2-3-4 turnover games inevitable for all young QBs. I just pray to Bill Walsh it doesn't happen in the playoffs.

Despite making tremendous strides Alex remains a liability playing from behind, handling the blitz, and converting 3rd and long. He's never had much zip on the passes and his deep balls barely get there. We saw it in our two losses.... when teams punch us in the mouth early our offense stagnates in their response and we struggle getting back into the game. In order to compete with the Packers, Falcons, Saints, Giants and all the other high powered offenses in the NFC, not just this season but going forward, we need a guy who instantly creates a host match-up problems and can utilize every inch of the football field.

Fuck it. Kap gives us a [much] better chance to win long term. It's risky, I get the logic in handing him the keys now.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Happy Thanksgiving day bros.

Florio reports three names that have been heard in the grapevine as candidates for the Panthers GM job:

Eric DeCosta, Ravens assistant GM - pipe dream, but I'd love it
Marc Ross, Giants Director of College Scouting - yes pls
Scott McCloughan, former 49ers GM - meh, decent drafts during his time with the 49ers, but would much prefer the other two

edit: look at this fucking mopey thug idiot

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/59139_473132846071445_1623699945_n.jpg[IMG]

amirite?[/QUOTE]

Leave our front office alone you fucking vultures!

[quote="jakncoke, post: 44632091"]lol charlotte hornets shirt[/QUOTE]
Didn't even notice that, LOL.

Manus

Any advice on starting either Mikel Leshoure or Jeremy Maclin in my flex? I wish I could not start either. I have Donnie Avery, but he got pretty banged up in last weeks game.

I'm looking for them now, and I'm up to 9. I think there are a few more that I didn't save that I need to track down.

Bucket makes them right? He probably has a few saved away somewhere.

Also, just came back from seeing Lawless, really liked it, normally really dislike LeBeouf or whatever his name is, but this was really cool.

Plus Tom Hardy is like the Tom Brady of actors.

jakncoke

Banned
Yep. It's really not that uncommon to see Hornets gear in the Carolinas. We loved that team.

You really think people are going to walk around with Bobcats shit on? :jnc

I dont follow basketball that much in nba, but havent they already won nearly as much as last season. Also you could be the Wizards this season lol

Greg

Also, just came back from seeing Lawless, really liked it, normally really dislike LeBeouf or whatever his name is, but this was really cool.

Xnz0H.png
bYWFG.png
kG6Qv.png
MfLBG.png
MiITZ.png
kkrBZ.png
nG4wZ.png
iz5IO.png
QBSgU.png

These are the ones I had saved... it might be all of them except for Wild West Rodgers. And yeah, Bucket makes them - the only one I made was the disappointed Rodgers hat at the end.

Outside of being unAmerican and being good at his job, Hardy is nothing like Brady.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Not that he wasn't going to anyway, but no Joseph pretty much means Megatron is going to abuse the crap out of either Kareem or Ball. Should be hilarious to watch.

:| no Tate still... dude is going to lose the backup spot.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Why is this a huge game for the Texans? this isn't a huge game for them

smh Boomer

Top Bottom