• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 12 |OT| What Are You Thankful For?

Dragon

Banned
I still don't understand how asking for a review meant they couldn't review a play they were going to review. I mean, what?

There's nothing to understand because it makes no fucking sense.

Let's recap. The officials miss an obvious fucking call.

Jim Schwartz is a total tool.

Detroit sucks.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
It was an illegal challenge flag, and when you throw an illegal challenge flag, you can not benefit from a review of the play.

And it's an illegal challenge flag because touchdowns are automatically reviewed.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Damn.

I don't like that.

Detroit fans got fucked twice on that play: once by the bad call on the field, and once by Schwartz throwing the flag and preventing the play from being reviewed.

That's gonna suck for Lions fans if you lose. Damn.

zeeaykay

They don't penalize you for throwing the review flag on other plays you can't review. Why penalize you for throwing a flag on a play that IS reviewable?

It does not delay the game AT ALL to just tell the coach "hey you can pick that flag up, it's being reviewed anyways."

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
All the refs on this staff should be fires tommorow.

And fuck Schwartz for rhrowing the challenge flag to begin with.

That call killed my appetite, no joke.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
What a complete load of horseshit. Every bit of that play. Not calling him down when it was clearly down, that stupid shitty flag rule which is garbage and not reviewing the play because of it. Backwards as shit all around.

I don't even like either team but man...

Heysoos

Hasn't this happened before already? I swear I've seen a similar call this season.

Once the coach challenges a play that was going to be reviewed already, the play no longer gets reviewed and the team that threw the flag gets penalized.

They don't penalize you for throwing the review flag on other plays you can't review. Why penalize you for throwing a flag on a play that IS reviewable?

It does not delay the game AT ALL to just tell the coach "hey you can pick that flag up, it's being reviewed anyways."

This. Coaches used to throw challenge flags just to get refs attention and then pick them back up.

After the refs told him.

Like 1.1 percent of the population knew that rule and they are all refs. Bullshit rule, why is it even there?

Nobody knew they couldnt challenge after the penalty. Every single coach should know you cant challenge a play thats automatically challenged.

Talon

Why not get the play right and THEN access the penalty? Also, that should be 5yds not 15. What a dumb rule...
The point is so coaches don't get the benefit of essentially an extra timeout if the officials just pick up the flag and give it back to you.

Clearly wasn't thought out for situations where the ruling is obvious.

Top Bottom