• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 12 |OT| What Are You Thankful For?

cashman

Banned
Coaches are not allowed to throw flags when they can't challenge the call. They talk about this a lot in the beginning of they year/preseason. Inside two minutes most coaches give their flag to somebody else to prevent this kind of shit.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Why not get the play right and THEN access the penalty? Also, that should be 5yds not 15. What a dumb rule...

I agree.

It's a dumb rule. Unfortunately it is a rule.

At least it didn't lose you guys the lead.

Also, if the Texans don't win by more than a touchdown, there's gonna be an asterisk all over this one.

Afrikan

How the fuck is throwing the flag a penalty?

its like calling a timeout when you don't have any time outs left. Even though they could just say, sorry you can't call a time out...they penalize you.

just disciplinary rules really.....probably to not slow down the total game length.

jmdajr

Lions can still win, but they have lost their cool.
Understandable. But still, I dont get how coach doesnt know the rule. Shouldnt they let them know?

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
The rule is ludicrous.

"Hey--we review all scoring plays on our own. But, the moment you demand it? No soup for you!"

As for the Schwartz hate--HE'S AN NFL HEAD COACH. He's responsible to know ALL the rules.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Those fans are right to boo Jim so much

yep.

"As for the Schwartz hate--HE'S AN NFL HEAD COACH. He's responsible to know ALL the rules. "

Answer right here.

The rule is ludicrous.

"Hey--we review all scoring plays on our own. But, the moment you demand it? No soup for you!"

As for the Schwartz hate--HE'S AN NFL HEAD COACH. He's responsible to know ALL the rules.

I wouldn't call him an NFL head coach, Plinko. He's more like a Pee-Wee Football coach way, way over his head.

Arcticfox

That is the worst rule ever. I could see maybe taking a timeout from a team for wasting time by throwing a flag on an automatically reviewed play, but not actually reviewing the play is about the stupidest penalty I can think of.

It's a good rule. If you don't penalize coaches for throwing the challenge flag coaches suddenly have unlimited time outs.

isn't that why there's a 3 challenge limit (even then only when they are all overturned) and a loss of TO for a non-reversed call? it's a stupid and unnecessary rule. fine, assess a penalty for unnecessary flags, but don't just let a shit calling of the play on the field pass by on a technicality.

Chris R

15 yards is too excessive and getting the call right should supersede any rule..

15 isn't too much (isn't it the same for calling an imaginary time out?), but next time review the play (only because it was a TD, if there is another case where the play shouldn't have been reviewed then let it stand) mark the ball where the runner was down and then assess the penalty.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
wow he made a fg :O

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
The rule is ludicrous.

This post is 100 percent right.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Hasn't this happened before already? I swear I've seen a similar call this season.

Once the coach challenges a play that was going to be reviewed already, the play no longer gets reviewed and the team that threw the flag gets penalized.

Well, it can get reviewed... but the review can't benefit the team that threw the flag.

NPoI9.png

Schwartz is a goddamn IDIOT for throwing the challenge flag. Even before the play was over and Forsett hit the endzone I was thinking "They are going to review this because they review all TDs". The penalty seems really severe, but still he's a fucking moron for throwing the flag.

xnipx

Shouldn't the fact that Detroit still had timeouts lefts supersede those dumb ass rule if thats what it is supposed to prevent? Abuse of challenge flags?? Charge them a timeout. Review the fucking play

Top Bottom