• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 12 |OT| What Are You Thankful For?

Chili

So many obscure rules in this sport. That said Schwartz should have known the rule. Everyone knows if you call a challenge/timeout when not applicable/not available it is a 15 yard penalty. Even with the obscure aspect that it cancels out a reviewable play, he should have known not to do it for that very reason.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Shit Texans D.... I don't even care if it's backups or they're tired. No excuse for that crappy tackling.

jmdajr

Its too bad, fans will look at Texans as cheaters, but it's not even their fault. Blame the rule, refs, and the coach.

Oh well.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
NPoI9.png

There you go.

Bad call on the field, but it would've been fine if Schwartz hadn't thrown the flag.

Detroit fans are the losers in this situation.

whytemyke

Honorary Canadian.
Shouldn't the fact that Detroit still had timeouts lefts supersede those dumb ass rule if thats what it is supposed to prevent? Abuse of challenge flags?? Charge them a timeout. Review the fucking play
The issue isn't so much that the rule is dumb but that Schwartz absolutely should have known better than to throw that flag.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I <3 the shit talking on the Texans. I think I like it now.

Trey

Yeah. I think there should be an exception for automatic reviews since they would happen without any kind of coaxing.

Just a 15 yard penalty.

Or, the coach could not be stupid. That's far easier than changing a rule to get coaches out of their own way.

It's unsportsmanlike conduct. Just like a coach shouldn't be stupid enough to call two TOs, a coach shouldn't be stupid enough to challenge auto-reviewable plays.

It's hilariously simple, and the resulting outrage is as simple. Schwartz knows it's all on him. The exact same thing just happened last week. Every coach should have known the particulars of the rule since auto-reviews went in last year.

Top Bottom