• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 13 |OT| My Favorite Things

Talon said:
Another in the long line of Alabama linebackers that feasted off the backs of dominants D-lines.
That would have been ok though as he could feasted off of the back of our dominant D-line.;) At the time, we had fuck all at linebacker. Boley was just starting to really come on as the only real NFL caliber LB we had.

EDIT: ...but then we ended up with JPP that year so not much to complain about in the end.:D

LevelNth

Banned
Walsh dropped Deberg for Montana, but I don't think he ever backed Deberg like Harbs backed Alex these past two years.
He had to. Do you remember after the lockout when we resigned him to that 1-year contract? Everyone and their mother was groaning like mad. Alex would have been toasted out of the league at that point normally.

Pimpwerx

I'm late on this, but had to chime in.

LOL @ Fireman Ed stepping down from his self-appointed role of superfan. What a loser. The man who embodies all the obnoxiousness of the Jets fanbase is mad because those same obnoxious assholes are going all Jets fan on his ass. Ha! Serves him right. It's gonna be hilarious in a couple of weeks when he returns to his worthless post, once his team starts winning again. Fireman Ed is a fraud. PEACE.

Talon

That would have been ok though as he could feasted off of the back of our dominant D-line.;) At the time, we had fuck all at linebacker. Boley was just starting to really come on as the only real NFL caliber LB we had.
I always liked Boley. He was the lone playmaker in coverage when he was with us, but he didn't fit with Zimmer's more attacking scheme when that scumbag Petrino joined us.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Ro is a Big 3-4 MLB stuck on a 4-3 team. A Bad team at that.

Always thought he'd have trouble at Oakland, and yep, that's what happened.

Made some money, got in some trouble.

Maybe he'll get picked up by one of the 3-4 teams for a year, see if his production improves or not. All he could hope for at this point.

Bowser

JGKl3.jpg

g1347396400902062903.jpg

Bowser

Another fine example of Ron Rivera's ineptitude regarding creating turnovers:

“We do that constantly. We do it at least once a week. It’s been a point of emphasis since Week 3 or 4,” head coach Ron Rivera said. “Whether it’s a Wednesday or Thursday, Sean has them out there doing those things. And the guys are beginning to see it and realize and recognize it.”

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2012/11/28/3693787/create-turnovers-drilled-into.html

"Since Week 3 or 4"?! WTF? Ron, you don't wait until 25% of the fucking season is over to start emphasizing creating turnovers!

wPQoj.gif

jakncoke

Banned
lol cleveland fans are worried over this gruden part ownership rumor might fester into him moving the team to tennesee. so stupid lol, is there even another city in tenessee that could hold a franchise? memphis already failed the titans, nashville got the titans.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
I'm pretty confident that the Dolphins can keep things competitive with the Pats and maybe even win.

No, I'm not smoking anything.

Fox318

Bowser's scenario is more plausible.

Luck vs Manning Bowl

Jets Revenge Bowl

Then Luck takes down the Texans and Joe Flacco throws 3 taints against the Jets.

Jets win home AFC championship game and go on to beat the Packers with a game winning field goal. Brent is shown watching his former teams in tears asking himself why didn't he un- retire.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Luck vs Manning Bowl

Jets Revenge Bowl

Then Luck takes down the Texans and Joe Flacco throws 3 taints against the Jets.

Jets win home AFC championship game and go on to beat the Packers with a game winning field goal. Brent is shown watching his former teams in tears asking himself why didn't he un- retire.

ibq6M2lcSfBT0p.gif

Godslay

Banned
Luck vs Manning Bowl

Jets Revenge Bowl

Jets already had their bowl this afternoon. I can report they made it down in one flush.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
lol cleveland fans are worried over this gruden part ownership rumor might fester into him moving the team to tennesee. so stupid lol, is there even another city in tenessee that could hold a franchise? memphis already failed the titans, nashville got the titans.

God such idiots.

Godslay

Banned
That award is only for the Bills for pissing away such a QB talent like Fitzmagic.

:jnc

It is an actual award though. Just happened to fit the joke to some degree.

The Byron "Whizzer" White NFL Man of the Year Award has been awarded by the National Football League Players Association continuously since 1966. The most recent winner, for the 2011 season, is Drew Brees of the New Orleans Saints. The award honors work in the community as the NFL player who best served his team, community and country in the spirit of Byron "Whizzer" White, who was a Supreme Court justice, professional American football player, and humanitarian. Past winners included Warrick Dunn, Gale Sayers, Bart Starr, Peyton Manning, Troy Vincent, and Ken Houston.[1] Prior to the Supreme Court, White had been All-Pro three times (1938, 1940, 1941) and the NFL Rushing champion twice (1938 and 1940).
The 2000 recipient, Michael McCrary, had been the child in the Supreme Court case Runyon v. McCrary in which Whizzer White had ruled on nearly a quarter of a century before McCrary's award.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Byron_%22Whizzer%22_White_NFL_Man_of_the_Year_Award

effzee

So apparently some of the "real" reasons Babin was released include:

1. Walking around the complex like he was above everyone else since he was handpicked by Reid to run the wide 9 under Dline coach Washburn

2. More concerned with selling his "merchandise" than anything else. He would tweet right before games to advertise his products. No idea what they are or were.

3. Lack of effort. Got paid, quit trying, and it really showed when the whole team started struggling.

Fox318

So apparently some of the "real" reasons Babin was released include:

1. Walking around the complex like he was above everyone else since he was handpicked by Reid to run the wide 9 under Dline coach Washburn

2. More concerned with selling his "merchandise" than anything else. He would tweet right before games to advertise his products. No idea what they are or were.

3. Lack of effort. Got paid, quit trying, and it really showed when the whole team started struggling.

So he played like a Eagle?

Manus

I have a bad feeling were gonna get trolled by RG3 this weekend. I just know it. Do we know if Kenny Phillips will play this week?

BigAT

I have a bad feeling were gonna get trolled by RG3 this weekend. I just know it. Do we know if Kenny Phillips will play this week?

Dumpstering against the Redskins would be pretty typical considering how up and down they've played this season.

I don't think there has been anything official on Kenny yet, but he seems to be optimistic he'll play. Pretty sure they haven't practiced yet because of it being a Monday night game, so we won't really know until tomorrow.

Top Bottom