• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 13 |OT| My Favorite Things

Tate must really be in Kubiaks doghouse. He returns this week as the 3rd stringer behind Forsett.

Either that or he is pissing Tate off and he runs rough shot over the Pats D in two weeks.
If you've been listening to Kubes in the press this is no surprise, Tate's been pissing Kubes off for weeks now. He was expected to return a few weeks ago and is only now just getting back and Kubiak aint buying it. He'll be gone next season while his trade value is still high.

etiolate

Banned
I don't think Alex wants to go somewhere else to be a backup. If he leaves, he'll leave for somewhere where he can start.

Should we start the Smith Bowl now?

List of contenders:

Arizona Cardinals
Cleveland Browns
Kansas City Chiefs
Philadelphia Eagles
New York Jets

Wes

venison crêpe

List of contenders:

Arizona Cardinals
Cleveland Browns
Kansas City Chiefs
Philadelphia Eagles
New York Jets

clint_ew.gif

LevelNth said:
All of a sudden we're going to shift to a spread, pass first offense? You guys...
So let me clarify since what you inferred wasn't my intention but you decided to go all salty about it anyway...

What I said was that if the offense becomes more pass oriented which is to say that Harbaugh/Roman would choose to open up the playbook more with Kap under center - it will be interesting to see how Harbaugh chooses to handle the situation if it leads to Colin turning the ball over more. A danger with a young and currently unproven QB. Alex was many things but he was protective of the ball (to a fault as many of your fellow fans would even admit).

Realistically this would be the diversity you speak of or else what the fuck is the point of sitting Alex if you're going to run the same conservative "please god don't turn the ball over at all cost" passing attack anyway? You would invariably be doing more with a guy that CAN do more but then you have to be all in with that view and accept the outcome.

Becoming more pass oriented doesn't necessarily mean to that you're all of a sudden going to a spread offense. Not everything is an extreme. The fact that I mentioned that Kap has plenty of cushion because of your strong running game and the way your defense is playing might have clued you into that though I suppose I wasn't clear enough.

For the record, I think it was the right decision to go with Kaepernick. Specifically because it opens up your passing attack.

jmdajr

If you've been listening to Kubes in the press this is no surprise, Tate's been pissing Kubes off for weeks now. He was expected to return a few weeks ago and is only now just getting back and Kubiak aint buying it. He'll be gone next season while his trade value is still high.

Maybe he's slacking in physical therapy.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

List of contenders:

Arizona Cardinals
Cleveland Browns
Kansas City Chiefs
Philadelphia Eagles
New York Jets

Take the Browns off that list, we aren't going to be in a position to draft him.

Wait, there's a such thing?

Shockingly yes. If you want a laugh go frequent the OBR forums and be disgusted at the Browns fanbase there.

Colt will wind up in Houston with Kubiak. Just a gut feeling but he is a Kubiak kind of guy and somehow this will happen.

We will accept a 3rd, 4th or 5th round pick for him.

jmdajr

NFL fined CB Brandon Harris 21,000 for hit on punt coverage at Detroit. He was penalized for drilling Stefon Logan.

Guess we are also paying fines that don't involve the groin era.

MechDX

We will accept a 3rd, 4th or 5th round pick for him.

He will be released and we get him for nothing. Then again there was rumor before the draft that Cleveland offered their 2nd first round pick for Tate so...

6 pack of Shiner and a gift card for Chuy's TexMex for Colt?

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
What a great day to be a Niners fan! No other coach would have the balls to even consider making a decision like this. It's the right move and really makes the team better. Simply amazing.

jmdajr

Am I late on this?

The Onion

HOUSTON—Following up on his assertion that Lions defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh is “not Houston Texan–worthy,” Texans quarterback Matt Schaub released a comprehensive list to the media Tuesday cataloging who he believes deserves a place on the team’s 53-man roster. “The following people are worthy of playing for the Houston Texans: Larry Fitzgerald, Peyton Manning, Brian Urlacher, Aldon Smith, Sebastian Janikowski,” said Schaub, reading an excerpt from the 10,000-name list, which he told reporters was compiled according to “who these people are and what they stand for.” “Additionally, Aaron Rodgers is a Texans-quality person, as are Deion Sanders, Walter Payton, Merlin Olsen, Rosa Parks, Dennis Rodman, Warren Buffett, my wonderful parents, Johnny Unitas, Suri Cruise, Manti Te’o, Genghis Khan, Calvin Johnson, and the architect Frank Lloyd Wright.” Schaub confirmed that only one current Texan is included on the list: second-string fullback Tyler Clutts.

bionic77

I'd love to have Alex Smith as a backup.

How deliciously ironic would that be?
Too expensive to be a backup.

He will probably get a chance to start on a horrible team, fail and flounder for a year or two AND THEN you can sign him cheap as a backup.

Going back to your point though, I also would not mind Alex as a backup qb for the Steelers...

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Tate must really be in Kubiaks doghouse. He returns this week as the 3rd stringer behind Forsett.

Either that or he is pissing Tate off and he runs rough shot over the Pats D in two weeks.

I like Tate a lot and obviously he's better than Forsett, but the dude is just injury prone and needs to work himself back into being that 2nd back behind Foster again. He really doesn't deserve it this season which is why I'm sure he's coming back as the 3rd stringer and even before he was injured was not having a great year. Forsett even before that absurd td against the Lions was running better than Tate.

Also Suh can go fuck himself.

Mrbob

Worst Harbaugh is going to lose his team heading into the post season. Can't wait for the inevitable Kap melt down.

Saw this come through:

Mike Garafolo @MikeGarafolo

Rumblings are Babin has been claimed. Just waiting on word of which team. Stay tuned.

----------------------------------------------------------

Buckethead said:
No that was Lansing's finest, Drew Stanton.
Ah, that's right. I remember him now. He came in for Hill in the game against the Giants that year.

yankeehater said:
Man Jags are dumb. They are not a playoff team, why claim a guy who already wasnt playing hard for a bad team.
They've been so desperate for a pass rush for so long now...I guess it shouldn't come as a surprise considering the position they had on the waiver wire. How many picks now have they invested in the defensive line that have gone nowhere?

Top Bottom