• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 13 |OT| My Favorite Things

eznark

Banned
Guess I missed that story then or I'm retarded.

I thought teams were free to take whoever they wanted.
Bradford was the last of the megabucks rookie #1 contracts, wasn't he?

edit: or was it Stafford?

Yeah but Bradford didnt pick the Rams and I doubt the league forced St Louis to take him.

Tom Penny

Edit:Same situation if it's the Pats,Houston, and the Ravens. Yea the Pats need to win out in order to have any chance of a 1/2 seed. It's going to be tough, but I believe they can do it.

Really comes down to the Houston SF games and I'll be at both of them :)

eznark

Banned
Eh, I know they're not great, but Bradford was the number 1 consensus pick out of college and the Rams were in the dregs of the league. They didn't have to take him, but they had to take him.

Unlike baseball there is a simple way out. Trade the pick if you don't like the guy.

Baseball teams pretty much are/were forced by circumstance.

TheFatOne

I'm excited to watch the next two weeks for the Pats. Next week we get to see if Talib is any good, and if the secondary has improved at all. The only thing that really worries me offensively is the oline. I doubt Vollmer is healthy, no way Mankins plays, and Conolly isn't going to play. Pats need to have at least a healthy Vollmer in order to have a shot. They need Vollmer, and Jones in order to beat the Texans.
Really comes down to the Houston SF games and I'll be at both of them :)

That is awesome. Should be two really great games. The Texans dline as a whole doesn't scare me, but Watt is the obvious guy that can ruin the game.

LJ11

Eh, I know they're not great, but Bradford was the number 1 consensus pick out of college and the Rams were in the dregs of the league. They didn't have to take him, but they had to take him.

I'm sure they would've done alright with the corpse of Bulger and Suh!

if the Cowboys and Chargers traded Romo for Rivers would anyone notice? Maybe they should talk about it. Both players could probably use a change of scenery.

just saw the score slay and dutch :] , and hell yeah made it to the playoffs in my money league

Brown can still fumble the ball and Slay can still win!

Greg is down too, but he has some players left.

I should have started Myers and Prater and the victory would have been mine already.

Slo

Yeah but Bradford didnt pick the Rams and I doubt the league forced St Louis to take him.

I get that you're playing your libertarian character, but I don't think it's too hard to understand how the #1 overall pick was both a blessing and a curse before the new CBA. Either pay $50M for the privilege of the #1 pick, or be the Cleveland Browns who passed on the QB of the future by trading away for draft picks.

Edit: Facts wrong, wasnt' it the Rams who had #2 this year?

squicken

They had cut Bulger. Funny thing about it is had they taken Suh then Bradford would have fallen to #4 . . . to WAS. TB and DET had QBs and those picks were impossible to trade. The Rams tried to give away the pick in the Stafford draft and no one would take it. There's a chart someone that shows that the first pick in the draft was worth less than the last pick in the first round before the system changed

TheFatOne

I don't think the Pats have any real shot at the number 1 seed. Texans are in good shape even if they lose to the Pats. Schedule isn't that tough, but they have to play the Colts twice. Man if they can somehow get the two seed the Pats have a real shot at making it to the super bowl again. I don't think they can make is as a wild card.

eznark

Banned

Had they drafted Suh they would've even in great position to Suck for Luck!

I get that you're playing your libertarian character, but I don't think it's too hard to understand how the #1 overall pick was both a blessing and a curse before the new CBA. Either pay $50M for the privilege of the #1 pick, or be the Cleveland Browns who passed on the QB of the future by trading away for draft picks.

Edit: Facts wrong, wasnt' it the Rams who had #2 this year?

Not sure what politics has to do with it, we're talkin about player evaluation. If you don't think Bradord is the answer move out of the spot or take someone else. You think Belichick or Thompson gives a fuck what the press says about their picks? Thompson drafted Rodgers AND Brohm in the same draft when Favre was still playing well! The Cheat gives away picks like candy just to catch em all in the sixth.

Instead of stealing coaches and free agents from successful teams the dregs need to start raiding evaluation departments.

jmdajr

Crazy but, if Texans beat the Patriots and lose the last 3, they wont win the division.

If colts win out that is.

So Texans need to beat the Colts once, or win the two games not against Indy.

At least we have two home games. Best any other AFC team can do now is 13-3.

NawidA

Banned
I don't think the Pats have any real shot at the number 1 seed. Texans are in good shape even if they lose to the Pats. Schedule isn't that tough, but they have to play the Colts twice. Man if they can somehow get the two seed the Pats have a real shot at making it to the super bowl again. I don't think they can make is as a wild card.
I want to see if they can hold up against this improved Broncos team.

TheFatOne

I want to see if they can hold up against this improved Broncos team.

I haven't watched them much, but how improved are the linebackers? Because they still couldn't cover the TEs for the Pats. I think the Pats offense matches up well with the Broncos defense, and the Broncos offense will put up points against the Pats defense. It might just come down to who is playing at home, or something like who has the ball last.

If they get the 3 seed I think they can make it.

Top Bottom