• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 13 |OT| My Favorite Things

Lunchbox

Banned
Schaub is really damn good at getting defenses to bite on the play action. If you LBers and DB's are not well disciplined you may be in for a long day.
yeah you'll do that against buffalos of this world and lie down and bite the pillow against the likes of greenbay

#notworried #aqibtalib

MechDX

yeah you'll do that against buffalos of this world and lie down and bite the pillow against the likes of greenbay

#notworried #aqibtalib

Happened against Denver as well, twice actually, I just dont have a gif handy. So we got our ass handed to us by Aaron Rodgers and the Packers and you got yours from Kolb and the 4-8 Cardinals....stones, glass houses, etc...Are you just Bob's retarded alter?

EDIT: Oh yeah against Baltimore as well. Pretty much every game but Chicago and Green bay.

TheFatOne

Its what we do. You run, run, run and run some more. Even if it dont get you huge chucks of yards this has a tendancy to happen:

schaubplayaction.gif

Schaub is really damn good at getting defenses to bite on the play action. If your LBers and DB's are not well disciplined you may be in for a long day.
Belichick is going to play two deep safeties all game. I won't say they wont fuck it up, but HOU would be much better off attacking the middle of the field. Pats linebackers can't cover anyone, and Foster/TEs/WRs on any of the linebackers is an easy matchup to create. Mix in the run, but attack the Pats linebackers in coverage, and specifically target Arrington. If HOU can move away from their regular gameplan there are some good matchups they can take advantage of.

bluemax

Banned
The Batman movies are the most pretentious and senseless "trilogy" I've never seen. I used to think it was cool, then I see that was an intellectual rip off. When I watch Begins I see a average movie; when I watch TDK I see that the joker is the only thing that makes sense; and when I watch TDKR I see the biggest deception of the entire universe.

Man, so much waste on these movies. So much averageness, so much shit ...

There are so many infuriating things about that trilogy that I can't even think about it without wanting to kick puppies.

MechDX

Belichick is going to play two deep safeties all game. I won't say they wont fuck it up, but HOU would be much better off attacking the middle of the field. Pats linebackers can't cover anyone, and Foster/TEs/WRs on any of the linebackers is an easy matchup to create. Mix in the run, but attack the Pats linebackers in coverage, and specifically target Arrington. If HOU can move away from their regular gameplan there are some good matchups they can take advantage of.

Kubiak has a thing for TE's like Rex has a thing for feet. Schaub always has a checkdown on almosty every play to a TE or a RB right over the middle.Still havent had an update on TE #2 Graham yet though, he got concussed in the Titan game and left.

they can always move Casey back to TE #2 though and put Clutts in at FB. Kubiak can design and implement a hell of an offense he just isnt good at the head coach thing.

I think their normal gameplan will work just fine. You can't keep 2 deep all game against arian foster with that front 7.

Godslay

Banned

I'm not sure you would want to do this against a runner like Foster. Might not give up the big play action play, but they will attack that warm gooey center of the field. Could be wrong though.

Beat by Drizzler. Essentially describing a cover 2.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
The Broyles thing is further proof this entire franchise is cursed. Ford needs to sell the team for anything to change.

Holy shit when did Broyles get hurt? I noticed he wasn't in the game when I started watching in the 3rd quarter.

And someone on another Lions forum pointed this out, but Titus Young Sr. must've fucked up bad if he still is not starting with Burleson and Broyles out. Fuck him, anyone with Sr. at the end of there name reeks of douchiness.

Who are the top wide receivers coming out of the draft? Haven't heard to many names, hopefully someone falls to us at #13. =/

Holy shit when did Broyles get hurt? I noticed he wasn't in the game when I started watching in the 3rd quarter.

And someone on another Lions forum pointed this out, but Titus Young Sr. must've fucked up bad if he still is not starting with Burleson and Broyles out. Fuck him, anyone with Sr. at the end of there name reeks of douchiness.

Who are the top wide receivers coming out of the draft? Haven't heard to many names, hopefully someone falls to us at #13. =/

Dear Lions,

Please draft another WR with your first round pick.

Sincerely,

The rest of the NFL

TheFatOne

Kubiak has a thing for TE's like Rex has a thing for feet. Schaub always has a checkdown on almosty every play to a TE or a RB right over the middle.Still havent had an update on TE #2 Graham yet though, he got concussed in the Titan game and left.

they can always move Casey back to TE #2 though and put Clutts in at FB. Kubiak can design and implement a hell of an offense he just isnt good at the head coach thing.

Pats love to not cover the RBs out of the backfield as well. It hasn't been a huge problem this year, but last year it was a killer.
I think their normal gameplan will work just fine. You can't keep 2 deep all game against arian foster with that front 7.

Belichick is going to start that way because that is how the Pats have played all season, but in the Ravens game he did have to give the front 7 help. Flacco had success throwing it deep, but I blame the corners in that game because they were horrific.
I'm not sure you would want to do this against a runner like Foster. Might not give up the big play action play, but they will attack that warm gooey center of the field. Could be wrong though.

Beat by Drizzler. Essentially describing a cover 2.

Pats have essentially started every game like this so I don't see why they would change. The last few weeks they have been more aggressive blitzing, but they generally like to play two deep.

Godslay

Banned

Isn't Barry Sanders a Sr. now? Considering that his son is Barry Sanders Jr.?

Lunchbox

Banned
Happened against Denver as well, twice actually, I just dont have a gif handy. So we got our ass handed to us by Aaron Rodgers and the Packers and you got yours from Kolb and the 4-8 Cardinals....stones, glass houses, etc...Are you just Bob's retarded alter?

EDIT: Oh yeah against Baltimore as well. Pretty much every game but Chicago and Green bay.

using the cardinals which was pretty much still preseason against the current team's form and play style for comparison is what a fan of a small team who never experienced relevancy in December/January would do

but then again, youre the falcons of the AFC, a no threat. so i should expect that

MechDX

using the cardinals which was pretty much still preseason against the current team's form and play style for comparison is what a fan of a small team who never experienced relevancy in December/January would do

but then again, youre the falcons of the AFC, a no threat. so i should expect that

Yeah it was a preseason game:
http://www.patriots.com/games-and-stats/schedule.html
Too bad you couldnt win the preseason game or beat the Ravens (like some other team did....) or even beat the Seahawks who were still in preseason form then you wouldnt be needing to win this game to get the #1 seed. Damn preseason games!

You sound exactly like bob and ari the week of the Bears game.

Godslay

Banned

If the Texans are the Falcons of the AFC, you're the Sarah Jessica Parker of NFL GAF.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Dear Lions,

Please draft another WR with your first round pick.

Sincerely,

The rest of the NFL

It could happen considering our GM has a Best Player Available philosophy. I agree with it for the most part but a WR pick in the first or second round would cause riots among Lion fans so I doubt Mayhew goes that route.

Isn't Barry Sanders a Sr. now? Considering that his son is Barry Sanders Jr.?

Well technically he is, but you usually don't see Dads add Senior in front of there name. Jr. is something thats normal but I don't think I've ever seen a Dad add senior after adding Junior to there sons name. Titus Young Sr. is about 24 years old as well.

I could see the guy getting another chance in New England or even Denver with strong leadership and a tight locker room with seasoned head coaches like Bellichick or John Fox.

Our team is to young from Quarterback down to deal with a self entitled douchebag like Titus Young. The guy is a hell of a talent though.

This game will be hard to stomach for me, idk if Gruden can even make it better he'll prob just Gush over RG3 the whole game because he's a FOOTBALL player

Godslay

Banned
Well technically he is, but you usually don't see Dads add Senior in front of there name. Jr. is something thats normal but I don't think I've ever seen a Dad add senior after adding Junior to there sons name. Titus Young Sr. is about 24 years old as well.

I could see the guy getting another chance in New England or even Denver with strong leadership and a tight locker room with seasoned head coaches like Bellichick or John Fox.

Our team is to young from Quarterback down to deal with a self entitled douchebag like Titus Young. The guy is a hell of a talent though.

I've seen it before, it's pretty common from what I have seen.

As far as a player Young seems like a good talent. I wouldn't take a chance on him though. There are plenty of guys that are pure professionals that are talented football players.

Lunchbox

Banned
Yeah it was a preseason game:
http://www.patriots.com/games-and-stats/schedule.html
Too bad you couldnt win the preseason game or beat the Ravens (like some other team did....) or even beat the Seahawks who were still in preseason form then you wouldnt be needing to win this game to get the #1 seed. Damn preseason games!

You sound exactly like bob and ari the week of the Bears game.

what are you gonna do with the number 1 seed even if we hypothetically speaking dont put 40 on you by halftime? hang that on your stadium as a consolation for going 1 and out at limpbizkit concerts?

when handoffs to foster start getting stuffed in the 2nd quarter your bigfish in a small pond qb will start curling up into his shell like he did against GB. and when was the last time your defense faced 2 multipurpose RBs, dual threat TEs, 3 YAC slot receivers and an actual quarterback?

you got thrashed by that choke artist rodgers and his band of 2nd string clowns he got off the street to play receivers and backs. i've seen all i need to see from that blow out alone. when we are blowing out manning or flacco in the afc championship, this sunday wont even be a footnote

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
No we don't, I'd like to trade down to pick up a 2nd and maybe some more picks

I thought you guys still have picks left over from that trade from that trade with NE two years ago?

When I think about the Browns draft under Holmgren I think trading down.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
:jnc

Weeden should get another year. Browns have a shitton of picks so just stockpile picks with best player available regardless of position philosophy.

We just don't have a 2nd rounder this year, and 1 conditional pick from the Eagles it seems.

I thought you guys still have picks left over from that trade from that trade with NE two years ago?

When I think about the Browns draft under Holmgren I think trading down.
How dare you mention that dirtbags name! You can give Heckert some credit but no one else

Top Bottom