• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 13 |OT| My Favorite Things

Neither funny nor clever. You might as well have just said "The Atlanta Falcons scored 2 points against the New York Giants in the 2011 National Football League playoffs."
In any case, we're over it. You should be too.
0/10.

It's clear you're not over it going by how salty you sound.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Playing in the Dome will help us a lot.

Also, now we have a competent defensive coordinator that actually makes adjustments. Still worried about Ryan and Mike Smith's stupid ass decision making.

Rorschach

Better question -

Who is going to beat the Falcons?

iLgSf4qRrjeT7.gif

squicken

FP had a good point about the AFC. You could say there are three Tier 1 teams. Houston, Denver, and New England. So getting that first seed and avoiding playing the other two is a big deal. That Texans-Pats game should be really good. If the Texans get worked like they did vs GB there will be panic in the streets. Hope HOU wins but can't deny the I enjoyed the craziness that occurred after the GB loss

Fantomex

Let's put it this way. if you get shot in face, I am the guy on call. I don't get worked up, I have seen and fixed crap that will cause nightmares. but past few weeks have just raised the bar on craziness .

Dang bro that's rough. Keep chugging along man. You got a Steam handle?

JABEE

I'm not salty. It sucked but it was last year.
If we lose again it will suck again.
There is a chance we lose, but I just don't see which team is going to outright dominate us like you are making it out.

The Giants, the 49ers, and maybe the Packers.

Edit: Someone already posted those exact teams.

To be fair, the three teams Matt Ryan's Falcons lost to in the playoffs went onto the Superbowl. Forever #2 in the NFC, Ryan knew what he was doing when he picked that jersey.

squicken

It was all part of the plan. The number two overall pick is ours for the taking.

Mularkey had some dumbass comment about how they were trying to win and weren't playing out the string. Say what you want about Lurie, but he knows that you can't let lame duck coaches play vets to shine up their resume. No idea why Kahn let Gene claim Babin. They need to play young guys.

I saw something about the Eagles were thinking of cutting Nnamdi b/c he was blaming others and had effort issues. Not sure what his contract is but there would have to be contending teams that would pick him up if waived

I'm not salty. It sucked but it was last year.
If we lose again it will suck again.
There is a chance we lose, but I just don't see which team is going to outright dominate us like you are making it out.
Well, if the Panthers, Redskins, Cowboys, Saints, Cardinals, or Buccaneers get in they will make it a very close game and could win. Can't wait until Falcons play the Giants, the only team on their 2012 schedule who they are likely to play again in the playoffs.

Last season.
Great defense with higher-scoring offense.
Maybe Packers, because I could see them outscoring the Falcons. I don't really have trust in their defense though. It's why I qualified it with a maybe.

Fine.
Note that I don't think the Falcons are invincible (obviously) nor do I think they are a lock for playoff success, I just want to hear a reason for why they are going to fail besides "they failed the last two years"

xnipx

FP had a good point about the AFC. You could say there are three Tier 1 teams. Houston, Denver, and New England. So getting that first seed and avoiding playing the other two is a big deal. That Texans-Pats game should be really good. If the Texans get worked like they did vs GB there will be panic in the streets. Hope HOU wins but can't deny the I enjoyed the craziness that occurred after the GB loss

Only one of those teams have beaten the ravens. And it will remain that way through the end of the regular season. So I'm not sure why or how they can be called a whole tier above us.

squicken

Only one of those teams have beaten the ravens. And it will remain that way through the end of the regular season. So I'm not sure why or how they can be called a whole tier above us.

If you’ve watched Baltimore games this year, you might be surprised to learn that the Ravens are 9-2. In fact, you’d be surprised to learn any team like Baltimore could win 9 of 11 games. Consider that the Ravens aren’t impressive in any major area: Baltimore ranks 16th in net yards per pass attempt and 15th in NY/A allowed, making them as average as it gets. They are both rushing for and allowing 4.0 yards per carry. According to Advanced NFL Stats, the Ravens are the 19th-best team in the N.F.L., thanks to the 16th-best offense and the 18th-best defense. Football Outsiders places their offense 13th and their defense 23rd. They appear in all respects to be average.

So how are the Ravens 9-2? For starters, Baltimore has a 6-1 record in close games. But there is a second reason: special teams. According to Football Outsiders, Baltimore’s special teams rank as the best in the N.F.L. by a mile. The Ravens have the second-best special teams through 12 weeks of any team since 1991.

http://fifthdown.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/11/27/key-statistics-of-n-f-l-contenders/

When the Falcons go to the Playoffs this season their first (and only) game will be a home game in the Georgia Dome. They already played 5 home games this season, let's break down what happened: The five opponents they faced have a combined record of 23-32 (.418). The Falcons won all those games, but the largest margin of victory is only 6 points. People have valid reasons to expect the Falcons to crumble when they have to play a real team.

When the Falcons go to the Playoffs this season their first (and only) game will be a home game in the Georgia Dome. They already played 5 home games this season, let's break down what happened: The five opponents they faced have a combined record of 23-32 (.418). The Falcons won all those games, but the largest margin of victory is only 6 points. People have valid reasons to expect the Falcons to crumble when they have to play a real team.

I don't think any of that has predictive value.

I agree. The top tier in the AFC are the Texans, Patriots, and Ravens. The Broncos are the biggest frauds in the league right now, everyone blinded by Manning but when you look at who they've beat and lost to . . . their 8 wins include at least 7 who will miss the playoffs and their 3 losses all come to teams who are leading their division by a mile.

Since everyone has been trying out that prediction thing on ESPN, I figured I'd give it a whirl. I like how the playoff picture looks.

wLJi8.png

I don't think any of that has predictive value.
If the Patriots were to play the Chiefs tomorrow who would you predict would win?

All this talk about the past is the past and tells you nothing about the present is a big load of BS. You're right that it doesn't have any affect on the game to be played but it sure as hell has a load of predictive value.

ari

Banned
Who has bears beaten? At least they beat Denver.

I honestly can't see bears beating anyone

SF,ATL,NYG,GB. honestly which one?
Denver hasn't beaten a .500 team this year.

Honestly, i can see the bears giving the other teams go. Nobody believes that the bears are a rollover team come playoff time this year. stop hatin.

If the Patriots were to play the Chiefs tomorrow who would you predict would win?

All this talk about the past is the past and tells you nothing about the present is a big load of BS. You're right that it doesn't have any affect on the game to be played but it sure as hell has a load of predictive value.

I don't think prior games have zero predictive value, but I do think it's a load of B.S. when people claim that "during the playoffs all bets are off, the team with the worst record and the most injuries is going to win the superbowl" and yet Atlanta is supposed to get bounced because we didn't blow everyone out.

Denver hasn't beaten a .500 team this year.

Honestly, i can see the bears giving the other teams go. Nobody believes that the bears are a rollover team come playoff time this year. stop hatin.

Except against the Niners where they will get demolished again. The Bears definitely exist only because of J.Cutty.

ari

Banned
Except against the Niners where they will get demolished again. The Bears definitely exist only because of J.Cutty.

i would absolutely be shock if the bears wouldn't play better. same with the niners and gb for the giants.

i agree, the bears suck without j-cutty. Same with eli for the giants and rodgers for gb....etc...etc

Top Bottom