• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 13 |OT| My Favorite Things

Raw yards are a very misleading stat.

I find a lot of the statistics from this website to be more indicative of a team and take.
Baltimore's scoreability (Total Yards/Total Points) is 13.53 which ranks 6th.
Their bendability (Total Yards Allowed/Total Points Allowed) is 18.74 which ranks 3rd.
So Baltimore only has to go 95 yards for every touchdown while their opponents must go 131 yards for every touchdown. Ravens may not get many yards but they are efficient with what they get. And it pains me to defend the Ravens since they are my most hated team.

beast786

Denver hasn't beaten a .500 team this year.

Honestly, i can see the bears giving the other teams go. Nobody believes that the bears are a rollover team come playoff time this year. stop hatin.

I am not hatin. Not saying bears are bad. Making a pretty simple point.

Even with cutler bears offense ranked close to or at dead last. They won because Defense hand gifted point . That won't happen against good teams with good QB's. As proven by there record against playoff teams.

To me of the top 5 NFC teams

Atlanta
SF
Bears
GB
NYG

Bears are the least total package .

squicken

Raw yards are a very misleading stat.

I find a lot of the statistics from this website to be more indicative of a team and take.
Baltimore's scoreability (Total Yards/Total Points) is 13.53 which ranks 6th.
Their bendability (Total Yards Allowed/Total Points Allowed) is 18.74 which ranks 3rd.
So Baltimore only has to go 95 yards for every touchdown while their opponents must go 131 yards for every touchdown. Ravens may not get many yards but they are efficient with what they get. And it pains me to defend the Ravens since they are my most hated team.

I understand stats have their limits. But BAL won a game b/c they converted a 4th and 29 on a 3 yard checkdown. Won a game b/c a kicker shanked a chippy FG. They get lots of free points b/c of special teams. Those things aren't sustainable

Even with cutler bears offense ranked close to or at dead last. They won because Defense hand gifted point . That won't happen against good teams with good QB's. As proven by there record against playoff teams.

Atlanta
SF
Bears
GB
NYG

Worked for the Bears in '06, and that offense has to rank at or near the top of worst offenses to ever compete in a Superbowl.

ari

Banned

Atlanta
SF
Bears
GB
NYG

i give you that, but that being said, the bears are still capable of winning in the playoffs.

also, the bears in the last few years had their leading reciever be a damn running back....lol i see what you are saying but the numbers this year is shitty because of our defense.

Jeffrey is coming back and cutler will be able to spread the ball more. so the offensive numbers won't be a problem as you may think.

JABEE

xYAis.png

Here are my predictions.

Talon

WTF BEAST?!

Meh on the Falcons hate. Don't give a fuck about respect - we have to deliver in the playoffs. Everyone on the team knows it. Tired of running headlong into Super Bowl winners in consecutive years, though.

Doesn't bother me after being a Falcons and Hawks fan my entire life. At least the Braves gave me a modicum of happiness!

We had a similar matchup against the Saints at home late in the 2010 season. Offense played its worst game of the season, and we lost a close one at home. It may be a short week, but the offense needs to start firing on all cylinders like it did earlier in the season. We're scoring points, but we keep digging ourselves into holes, and that's not sustainable.

Nameless

One of the most telling reasons Kap is the guy

2012 49ers Quarterbacks Under Duress:

QB Smith
Pct. of attempts 8.8
Comp.-att. 4-19
Yards/att. 1.2
Throwaway pct. 42.1

Total QBR 17.4

QB Kaepernick
Pct. of attemps 23
Comp.-att. 9-17
Yards/att. 8
Throwaway pct. 17.7

Total QBR 73.5

beast786

i give you that, but that being said, the bears are still capable of winning in the playoffs.

also, the bears in the last few years had their leading reciever be a damn running back....lol i see what you are saying but the numbers this year is shitty because of our defense.

Jeffrey is coming back and cutler will be able to spread the ball more. so the offensive numbers won't be a problem as you may think.

You think a rookie who in 6 games had 16 rec for grand total of 199 is going to be a savior ?

beast786

QB Smith
Pct. of attempts 8.8
Comp.-att. 4-19
Yards/att. 1.2
Throwaway pct. 42.1

Total QBR 17.4

QB Kaepernick
Pct. of attemps 23
Comp.-att. 9-17
Yards/att. 8
Throwaway pct. 17.7

Total QBR 73.5

You forgot about the most important stat
2 games

QB Smith
Pct. of attempts 8.8
Comp.-att. 4-19
Yards/att. 1.2
Throwaway pct. 42.1

Total QBR 17.4

QB Kaepernick
Pct. of attemps 23
Comp.-att. 9-17
Yards/att. 8
Throwaway pct. 17.7

Total QBR 73.5

you don't need to research any stats. watching the two play you can evidently see the difference. maybe kap fizzles out and is the next aaron brooks or troy smith or any number of other one hit wonders or maybe he becomes a good consistent player. the only way that can be known is for him to play. i disagree with the timing of this "promotion" in my head, but i also trust harbaugh. take a look at the players he has promoted to starting jobs since he's been here:

- navarro bowman
- ahmad brooks
- ray mcdonald
- isaac soapoaga
- tarell brown
- aldon smith
- alex boone
- bruce miller

whether you feel bad for alex or not (and any person with a human heart would) it's really hard to argue with harbaughs decision based on his history. again, maybe this backfires and this is a god awful mistake but harbs has deserved the benefit of the doubt for now!

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Did someone say DCX?
MRY0t.jpg

Bah. Imgur making me angry. FV, your avy will be here in the morning.

There it goes.
8XmzV.gif

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Titus Young Sr. is so talented its a shame to see him being a young, dumb motherfucker.

The guy has the talent RIGHT NOW to be a number one receiver on at least 10 teams in the NFL. Hopefully he starts getting it in the offseason, but if he doesn't we can easily move on. He's expendable.

And I know this is going to get shit here as usual but I have no idea how Suh can get fined 30k for an action in which you cannot prove intent unless its admitted. It doesn't matter anyway since Suh donates more money than any athlete to charity, but the bashing of Suh is getting ridiculous.

Drew Sharpe of the Detroit Free Press actually was saying we should consider trading Suh because of this incident combined with a few other on the field incidents. He, and other Lion fans fail to remember how shitty our defense was before we got Suh. The rest of the DL is decent, but without Suh getting double teamed every play they're average.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
And I know this is going to get shit here as usual but I have no idea how Suh can get fined 30k for an action in which you cannot prove intent unless its admitted. It doesn't matter anyway since Suh donates more money than any athlete to charity, but the bashing of Suh is getting ridiculous..

Since when was University of Nebraska a charity? Unless he's donated to some place else I haven't read about.

He's still a piece of shit on the field.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Since when was University of Nebraska a charity? Unless he's donated to some place else I haven't read about.

He's still a piece of shit on the field.

He donated about 3 Million IIRC for various things at UofNeb for numerous facilities at the campus. How is that not charity? That's on top of other donations he makes to other charities.

As for being a "piece of shit on the field" he needs to be considering the position he plays. Its a dirty job, someones gotta do it.

Vesmir

Banned
Lions are winning next five games and beating you guys out due to head to head tie breaker. So lucky for you that no need to worry about NYG, GB or SF. Away.

:jnc
Avatar bet on your five game prediction, til end of season.
I'll gladly concede if it happens, if nothing else for the sheer insanity

No faith in the Bears eh?

You're probably also facing them without your two starting corners.

The cubs will pull off the bye, which will eventually lead to them taking a shit second round.
As for dumb and dumber, if the suspension isn't reduced, I'll know to buy another bottle of Wild Turkey before the game.

If I were homeless and didn't care about nutrition, I would live off Frito's twists.

They give you so many.

The Boxcar children would approve.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
you don't need to research any stats. watching the two play you can evidently see the difference. maybe kap fizzles out and is the next aaron brooks or troy smith or any number of other one hit wonders or maybe he becomes a good consistent player. the only way that can be known is for him to play. i disagree with the timing of this "promotion" in my head, but i also trust harbaugh. take a look at the players he has promoted to starting jobs since he's been here:

- navarro bowman
- ahmad brooks
- ray mcdonald
- isaac soapoaga
- tarell brown
- aldon smith
- alex boone
- bruce miller

whether you feel bad for alex or not (and any person with a human heart would) it's really hard to argue with harbaughs decision based on his history. again, maybe this backfires and this is a god awful mistake but harbs has deserved the benefit of the doubt for now!

Fuck off. You've been crying the past two weeks on aim about small hands being benched. You dont get to save face here!

Drew Brees: Everyone knows the bounty investigation was a sham

Saints quarterback Drew Brees is once again ripping the NFL for suspending some of his teammates and coaches for violating the league’s bounty rules.

Brees told Michael Irvin on NFL Network that the bounty discipline, including the yearlong suspension of head coach Sean Payton, hasn’t hurt the Saints’ locker room. In fact, Brees said the Saints are so united in their feeling that they were done wrong by the league office that they’ve become a stronger team.

“If anything it’s just brought us together because I think we’re at a stage now where the public, the fan base, everyone, I think, sees the truth in this,” Brees said. “This process was kind of a sham from the start. We’re being accused of things based on rhetoric, and based on the testimony of some very unreliable people, as opposed to real evidence and real facts.”

Brees has been a consistent critic of NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell for the NFL’s bounty investigation and the resulting discipline. It has to be awkward for Goodell that one of the NFL’s most popular players is using his platform to rip the league.

Fucking idiot.

kingslunk

Denver hasn't beaten a .500 team this year.

Honestly, i can see the bears giving the other teams go. Nobody believes that the bears are a rollover team come playoff time this year. stop hatin.

WAT

Bengals, Steelers? both .500 teams.

squicken

Would have preferred facing Colts at the beginning of the season. Oh well.

Before the year I thought the Colts could beat the Texans straight up as they got better and better by the end of the year, but they really can't. It would take a huge lack of effort on the Texans part for it to happen. The Colts have won lots of close games and played a soft schedule

Indy's defense is so bad, they just haven't played the offenses to really exploit it. The offense also is very middle of the road. Luck has more rushing TDs than the rest of the team combined. Wayne is still good but no longer explosive, and besides Hilton, the other WRs aren't NFL caliber. They could never block something like what HOU has on the DL, and couldn't consistently stop AJ or Foster.

Texans are safe for at least this year, but that's it. Colts will be right with them in 2013

DMczaf

Fucking idiot.

“If anything it’s just brought us together because I think we’re at a stage now where the public, the fan base, everyone, I think, sees the truth in this,” Brees said. “This process was kind of a sham from the start. We’re being accused of things based on rhetoric, and based on the testimony of some very unreliable people, as opposed to real evidence and real facts.”

YEAH!

Bowser

Joe Flacco on his 4th and 29 checkdown play:

“We got away with one and I’ll be glad. I could have looked like a big-time idiot if we don’t get that play,” Flacco said, via By Jeff Zrebiec of the Baltimore Sun. “I kind of went out on a limb there to check the ball down on fourth-and-29. We don’t get that, everybody is crushing me: ‘What the hell is he doing checking the ball down on fourth-and-29?’

Sorry to break it to you Joe, but you still looked like a big-time idiot even though the Ravens got that play.

Top Bottom