• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 13 |OT| My Favorite Things

Kansas City Chiefs linebacker Jovan Belcher this morning shot and killed his girlfriend before going to Arrowhead Stadium and fatally shooting himself as team personnel tried to stop him, police said.

Police Capt. David Lindaman said Belcher, 25, and his girlfriend, 22, got into an argument around 7 a.m. at their home in the 5400 block of Crysler Avenue in Kansas City. Around 7:50 a.m., Lindaman said, Belcher shot his girlfriend multiple times. She was taken to a hospital, where she was pronounced dead.

Lindaman said Belcher’s mother, who was visiting the couple and their 3-month-old daughter, witnessed the shooting and was being interviewed by police.

Belcher left the scene on Crysler and went to the Chiefs practice facility at Arrowhead, police said.

Police were called to the stadium around 8:10 a.m. Lindaman said when Belcher arrived there he encountered General Manager Scott Pioli and other team personnel. They apparently attempted to keep him from committing additional acts of violence. When police arrived, Belcher shot himself in the head.

Lindaman said investigators at the home on Crysler were awaiting search warrants.

http://www.kansascity.com/2012/12/01/3943246/chiefs-player-kills-girlfriend.html#storylink=cpy

Damn

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Wow and he then killed himself in front of Pioli and other staff?

I can't even imagine seeing that. What a terrible situation.

MechDX

Wow and he then killed himself in front of Pioli and other staff?

I can't even imagine seeing that. What a terrible situation.

Reports are all over the place: He didnt intend to hurt anyone at the facility, he was going to hurt others, threatened Pioli, Pioli didnt feel threatened...

Talon

On a more football-related note, have we talked about the HoF nominees yet?

I always thought of John Lynch as a great but not HoF player, especially with those completely listless years in Denver. My resounding memory is Lynch getting run over by TJ Duckett in 2004.

jakncoke

Banned

I always thought of John Lynch as a great but not HoF player, especially with those completely listless years in Denver. My resounding memory is Lynch getting run over by TJ Duckett in 2004.

Its going to be a interesting list for sure

Talon

Its going to be a interesting list for sure
Strahan, Ogden and Sapp seem like sure things to me of the first years. Sapp is definitely a generational guy - he was the most crucial part of those TB teams, speaking as a division rival.

Kevin Greene, Cris Carter and Larry Allen deserve to get in. Coryell and Parcells will both get in eventually.

squicken

I want the WR thing cleared up. Someone needs to get in this year. My preference is Andre Reed > Carter > Brown, but none going in would bother me

jakncoke

Banned
Strahan, Ogden and Sapp seem like sure things to me. Kevin Greene, Cris Carter and Larry Allen deserve to get in. Coryell and Parcells will both get in eventually.

deserve and what will happen are 2 different things. Is it bad i kinda want to see Modell pushed in just to see Cleveland riot?

bionic77

The crazies that feel so passionate about the second amendment need to look at the last two years alone, and not just this incident...."but but, what if the government gets out of line and we cant defend ourselves, that's why its there for right?" Suuuuuure, that argument is getting shittier by the day. Pretty fucking positive every founding father would change that shit in a heartbeat if they would witness the gun violence today.

But every political face don't want to commit career suicide so they loosen, not tighten the gun laws. Usa usa usa usa.
Don't forget red meat. You never hear of vegetarians becoming serial murderers.

You are on the right track in banning all guns but we need to ban red meat as well. Lets be politicians and throw in banning the Pats as well as some money for better Internet.

jakncoke

Banned

You are on the right track in banning all guns but we need to ban red meat as well. Lets be politicians and throw in banning the Pats as well as some money for better Internet.

You dont eat meat, suddenly a lot of things make sense about you!

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet

Lynch gets in, but probably not for a few years. Pretty weak class, so it's time to let in some stragglers.

Talon

I thought Doom and Counter-Strike was the reason that shootings happened!

Video Games should be banned.

jakncoke

Banned
DETROIT -- A judge has awarded $1.2 million to Pittsburgh Steelers linebacker Larry Foote, who says he was the victim of bogus valet contracts at Detroit-area shopping malls.

Attorney Jim Acho says Foote invested more than $400,000 with two men who claimed to have parking contracts at Somerset Collection in Troy and Twelve Oaks Mall in Novi, Mich. He says there were no such deals.

Foote, a Detroit native, filed a lawsuit in Wayne County Circuit Court. A default judgment was entered against the men, who never responded to the lawsuit. Judge Lita Popke awarded Foote more than $1 million Friday. Under Michigan law, financial damages can be tripled.

Acho says Foote is conservative with his money but was misled. The lawyer says collecting the judgment will be tough.

This is why players go broke, foote just lucky to get repaid and then some

MechDX

deserve and what will happen are 2 different things. Is it bad i kinda want to see Modell pushed in just to see Cleveland riot?

As much as I can feel for the fans in Cleveland you can not deny Modell's contributions. Houston will have the same feelings for Bud Adams if he gets in yet you can not deny his contributions.

Slo

I want the WR thing cleared up. Someone needs to get in this year. My preference is Andre Reed > Carter > Brown, but none going in would bother me

I'm obviously biased, but what does Reed have over Carter besides being on the 90s Buffalo Bills team?

damn really shitty situation with the chiefs. i'm not a pro-gun or anti-gun guy, but it's a little narrow minded to say guns were the sole cause of this incident or really any incident. who is to say in this incident the guy doesn't beat his girlfriend to death with a hammer and then slit his wrists? guns are dangerous in the wrong hands and i would venture to say in most cases these violent people would find other ways to harm their victims or themselves

still an awful situation for this guy, his family and the chiefs/their fans :(

bionic77

Let's be real here, he eats whatever his wife tells him to. It's not an active decision making process. If she tells him to eat meat, he eats meat.
She actually cooks for me! And she is a great cook.

I try to eat healthy but at least once a month I will fire up the grill for some burgers, steaks, etc and I try to limit it but she will fry some chicken as well using our frier.

Fried chicken must be what we eat for lunch in heaven.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Football players probably aren't that smart.

myronrolle.png

"I find your statement erroneous on all accounts"

Talon

I try to eat healthy but at least once a month I will fire up the grill for some burgers, steaks, etc and I try to limit it but she will fry some chicken as well using our frier.

You literally talk about your wife's fried chicken ever week.

Slo

I think we should ban jet airliners and high fructose corn syrup. Also, the sport of football. It causes brain injuries.

beast786

Why not white meat , you racist?

bionic77

damn really shitty situation with the chiefs. i'm not a pro-gun or anti-gun guy, but it's a little narrow minded to say guns were the sole cause of this incident or really any incident. who is to say in this incident the guy doesn't beat his girlfriend to death with a hammer and then slit his wrists? guns are dangerous in the wrong hands and i would venture to say in most cases these violent people would find other ways to harm their victims or themselves

still an awful situation for this guy, his family and the chiefs/their fans :(
We have too many guns but this debate is way too late. Too many out there now. Either move to England or sleep with one eye open.

squicken

I'm obviously biased, but what does Reed have over Carter besides being on the 90s Buffalo Bills team?

It's really close and just comes down to what you like in a WR. It's undeniable that Carter was an amazing player in scoring TDs and converting 3rd downs, and really, that's an amazing talent.

I just like Reed b/c of the explosiveness he provided to the team. I felt with Carter as a primary, a team was sort of limited to long, multi-play drives. Reed in his prime provided a quick strike element that Carter never had. No one would have thought Reed expendable in his prime

ari

Banned

I never said i want all guns banned. We just need to fix the 2nd where owning a gun isn't limited to "because this is America, and i can hur hur."

Nakazato

As long as JO and Modell get in im ok. If JO gets passed over ill be pissed. Dude playes 12 years and only gave up 12 sacks IIRC.

beast786

We have too many guns but this debate is way too late. Too many out there now. Either move to England or sleep with one eye open.

drugs are by far the biggest problem. Take drugs away you will reduce , assault/ violent crimes, murders, robbery , gangs and rape.

Drugs are pillars of every crap in urban and suburban . Root of evil.

Godslay

Banned

My wife cooks for me as well. I guess I shouldn't give you too much of a hard time, I eat what she tells me to eat as well.

I never said i want all guns banned. we just need to fix the 2nd.

How would you go about fixing it? You would have to be extremely careful, as punctuation and spelling can dramatically change the meaning of the law.

did you buy your wiiU yet? i'm lovin' it! i don't care if the internet nerds on gaf tell me that it is less powerful than a playstation 2. it's prettaaaaaaay prettay good

Top Bottom