• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 13 |OT| My Favorite Things

Greg

We had 2 separate leagues. NGRL, which was cars tuned to a certain Performance Point, and then we had a SuperGT league.

I think the NGRL might still be doing some 'one off' races, where they're not counting points over a period of time like a traditional league anymore.
I sold my PS3 a while ago, but I played GT5 nonstop when it first came out. I had everything gold except endurance races, and then I lost interest.

There was a GAF league? Damnit.

We should race.

Edit: Never mind, dick head.

Sure. I dont even charge Pats fans extra. The answer to your question is that masturbation is not a crime as long as you don't do it where other people can see you. At least not in this life.

The first session is free. $300/hour after that.

I'm not in trouble at the moment, I just want to have the option to tell people that they can 'Contact my lawyer if they need me'. That would be pretty sweet.

MechDX

When NFL GAF plays a game online together is it full of: you people!, eat a bag of dicks, thats racist, BIIIIITTTTCCCCHHHHHHH...etc...etc... over the voice chat?

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
We should race.

Edit: Never mind, dick head.

I'm not in trouble at the moment, I just want to have the option to tell people that they can 'Contact my lawyer if they need me'. That would be pretty sweet.

I had a person threaten to contact their lawyer on me at my job yesterday.

bionic77

And you instantly were intimidated by him ? I want that.

I never played against anybody, Bionic is scared :(
Next year! Kids are getting older.

I barely play FIFA these days so I am sure I will embarrass myself.

Unless you are assaulting a person or are really rich that lawyer threat is very empty. I wouldn't sweat it.

Greg

I played one person from GAF in Madden 11, but there was no headset involved.

I don't want my competitive gaming skills to ruin our online friendships.

Next year! Kids are getting older.

I barely play FIFA these days so I am sure I will embarrass myself.

The Wii U version sucks dick btw.

I would love to do some Black Ops 2 online but everyone here seems to be a Nintendo fanboy.

I play it on the 360. I suck at it, and I don't really like it. Im really trying to like it, but I just can't and I don't have the time to really invest enough time in it to get good at it.

so i went to play mario wiiU while this update on GT5 finished. turn it back to GT5 and it has indeed finished with the updates..... now its saying if i do another 8 GB install it will help with load times and what not

-_-

What is your gamertag? We can play some Uno after midnight...

I don't have Uno :(

Why does it suck? I was gonna get it today :(

Well let me rephrase, It's not a terrible game, but compared to the other Fifa 13 versions it sucks. You miss almost every crucial new feature like first touch and all that good stuff, plus it's not very easy to play with the tab (Haven't tried it with the regular controller). It's like Fifa 12,5 instead of 13, still okay, but really average and EA didn't really try.

beast786

I would love to do some Black Ops 2 online but everyone here seems to be a Nintendo fanboy.
Is BLOP2 online missing in WiiU?

Plus I am a Sony fanboy. it's been hard babysitting these Nintendo fanboys here. So , in some level I do feel your pain

Nope, I knew he was bluffing. His shit was done.

I pitied him like I pity any team that loses to the Browns.

Supposed to be horrible weather in Oakland tomorrow, like torrential downpours/flooding. Was looking forward to seeing Weeden vs a shitty defense. Its been awhile.

brentech

I sold my PS3 a while ago, but I played GT5 nonstop when it first came out. I had everything gold except endurance races, and then I lost interest.

Took an off screen video of one of our practice races. About 7 minutes.....most of our actual races had 10+ people and lasted around 45 minutes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Px5JKRKcUYw

While wrecks and bumping are a part of racing, we generally tried to avoid it. Sometimes shit happens and you clip the grass and spin the hell out though (happened in our 2nd or 3rd event, I got bumped into grass and took out like 3 cars....fucking awful), since online settings allow more realistic physics.

MechDX

Is BLOP2 online missing in WiiU?

Plus I am a Sony fanboy. it's been hard babysitting these Nintendo fanboys here. So , in some level I do feel your pain

No I just wont buy a WiiU. The launch Wii I still own sits in the e center mocking me. It hasnt been powered on in over 14 months.

Vesmir

Banned
drugs are by far the biggest problem. Take drugs away you will reduce , assault/ violent crimes, murders, robbery , gangs and rape.

Drugs are pillars of every crap in urban and suburban . Root of evil.

snes probably wouldn't be banned, either. Damn you, drugs!

manfestival

Took an off screen video of one of our practice races. About 7 minutes.....most of our actual races had 10+ people and lasted around 45 minutes.

While wrecks and bumping are a part of racing, we generally tried to avoid it. Sometimes shit happens and you clip the grass and spin the hell out though (happened in our 2nd or 3rd event, I got bumped into grass and took out like 3 cars....fucking awful), since online settings allow more realistic physics.

I hear the game currently way better since the release build. Can you confirm this?

Draxal

My favorite peter king line ever.

"Manning led the Giants to a game-winning touchdown, which was a familiar thing. The greatest current streak of any player in sports against a great foe? It has to be this: In his last three games against New England and their Mount Rushmore-of-the-NFL coach Bill Belichick, Manning has trailed at the two-minute warning of the fourth quarter. And in those three games, he has led the Giants 88, 80 and 83 yards to the winning touchdown, each of those touchdowns coming with less than a minute to play."

Oh yeahhhh.

beast786

No I just wont buy a WiiU. The launch Wii I still own sits in the e center mocking me. It hasnt been powered on in over 14 months.

Absolutely had the same experience . but because of NFL GAF I give it a shot. And I am glad I did. Sysytem is pretty cool, and as long as Sony and ms haven't launched there next gen, wii u will be very serviceable. Even the gimmick of gamepad is better than motion control. I do hate taking my eyes off the tv to my gamepad but pros are greater than cons. if you are a gamer, I would for sure recommend WiiU.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Supposed to be horrible weather in Oakland tomorrow, like torrential downpours/flooding. Was looking forward to seeing Weeden vs a shitty defense. Its been awhile.

Got KC the next week.

But yeah I saw the weather. I'm sure BlackGhost is masturbating furiously at the thought of Trent getting 30+ carries for sure.

Greg

I stayed away from online races because it usually turned to hell at the first corner, but that looks like it would've been a ton of fun with people trying to race straight up.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Da fuck? My past comes back to haunt me!!!

Read your profile: ProfessorK. Holy shit! I should have put it together when I realized you were a batshit insane Lions fan.

Hahaha I thought you already knew. You had mentioned that you used to post on CC back in the day, and I thought I had told you I was PK. Good times playing MechAssault.

The Texans and Lions have come a long way from the days of David Carr and Joey Harrington.

brentech

I hear the game currently way better since the release build. Can you confirm this?

Definitely. They added a shit load of free content updates, and tweaked some things that users asked for.

They still need to better chain things together to be more user friendly in GT6.

beast786

My favorite peter king line ever.

"Manning led the Giants to a game-winning touchdown, which was a familiar thing. The greatest current streak of any player in sports against a great foe? It has to be this: In his last three games against New England and their Mount Rushmore-of-the-NFL coach Bill Belichick, Manning has trailed at the two-minute warning of the fourth quarter. And in those three games, he has led the Giants 88, 80 and 83 yards to the winning touchdown, each of those touchdowns coming with less than a minute to play."

Oh yeahhhh.

If he is so good, why were they trailing in every game at 2min. I never get that compliment.

As if to squeeze out a win because you sucked in other 3 Q some how makes the win any better.

MechDX

First result is this page.

What games do you play?

Weird. Used to get the articles about the weird, strange things you get on UNO with an XBOX visioncam. Im talking perverted, nasty, blinding things...

Mostly the shooters Halo4, BLOPS2. I own Hydro Thunder Hurricane, Burnout etc...love my arcade racers. Dont do a lot of sports games oddly enough.

Hahaha I thought you already knew. You had mentioned that you used to post on CC back in the day, and I thought I had told you I was PK. Good times playing MechAssault.

The Texans and Lions have come a long way from the days of David Carr and Joey Harrington.

I thought you lived in New York though? Lions fan living in NY?

brentech

I stayed away from online races because it usually turned to hell at the first corner, but that looks like it would've been a ton of fun with people trying to race straight up.

Some of our practice runs/races turned to shit in the first turn early in the season. People get really competitive and end up going in way too hot. For a while it was safer to take the start slow and get past the carnage...usually from then on the race was pretty legit.

Greg

Some of our practice runs/races turned to shit in the first turn early in the season. People get really competitive and end up going in way too hot. For a while it was safer to take the start slow and get past the carnage...usually from then on the race was pretty legit.
Making clean moves in traffic is the best feeling in that game. Even hearing those engines in your video makes me miss it.

manfestival

Definitely. They added a shit load of free content updates, and tweaked some things that users asked for.

They still need to better chain things together to be more user friendly in GT6.

sooo if I play the game for like 40 hours... does that mean I become tokyo drifto street racer?

brentech

Making clean moves in traffic is the best feeling in that game. Even hearing those engines in your video makes me miss it.
It's been way too long since I've played. Basically just loaded it all up when I changed from my slim's 120gb drive to 1TB, but haven't raced in forever.
Most of us have racing wheels, but that's been sitting in my basement for even longer. I think only 1-3 people between the two leagues used DS3s, but they were still really good.

sooo if I play the game for like 40 hours... does that mean I become tokyo drifto street racer?
Probably not, since all races are on circuits or closed street events - lol
But you would likely become a better driver and better understand high-speed maneuvers.

bionic77

If he is so good, why were they trailing in every game at 2min. I never get that compliment.

As if to squeeze out a win because you sucked in other 3 Q some how makes the win any better.
Most football games come down to one possssion in the 4th quarter. A qb who can lead game winning drives is often the difference between winning and losing.

Your team is irrelevant but as a Steelers fan I have seen that value in what our team can do before and after Big Ben.

cajunator

Banned
My condolences to Chiefs Gaf :(
What the fuck.

i got gran turismo 5 "XL Edition" on black friday for $10. i'm just getting around to (trying) to play it. so i pop it in and redeem the DLC voucher. boom easy enough, takes about 5 seconds. pop in the game. 2 GB install. alright. that takes i don't know... 15-20 mins or something. alright sweet, time to get on some racing action! wait, there is an update needed. 200 mb. alright no big deal, shouldn't take too long.

but wait! that 200 mb is the first of 8 "updates" that need to be done.... all of varying size! 200 mb, 475 mb, 700 mb, etc etc.

so i stuck the disk in at about 9:15 am. it is now 9:56 am and my update is 58% done. maybe ill go play nsmbwiiU for another hour or something while this game does its thing. god bless you sorny

I hate this shit. wiiU had a big update too at first.
Unfortunately this is the future of gaming. Updates, updates fucking everywhere.

Top Bottom