• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 14 |OT| Christmas Time is Here

They'd probably be the safe pick given their history. Same with New England.

The Giants have been the very definition of a Jekyll and Hyde team though. Dominant one week and having everyone scratch their heads the next.

My hand is near the panic button but I'm not going to push it unless we get steam rolled by the Giants.

Only in the regular season though. Once the playoffs start they actually feel like playing hard and they dont lose. I hope someone can beat them, just because I like to see different teams win if my team cant, but this year looks exactly like last year now.

Striker

The game vs. WSH was strange because they didn't really play bad. They were the same defensively as they've been all year, which means they've been incapable of stopping the run.

Penalties killed them big, and not getting it done in the redzone.

Is there any way for the Ravens to miss the playoffs if they lose the next 3 games?

Yes, but it would require the Bengals and Steelers playing to a tie in their game and both finishing 9-6-1 while the Ravens finish 9-7. The odds of that happening are slim and none and slim just ran into the back of his own lineman and fumbled the ball.

The game vs. WSH was strange because they didn't really play bad. They were the same defensively as they've been all year, which means they've been incapable of stopping the run.

Penalties killed them big, and not getting it done in the redzone.

To be fair, Washington gave the Giants fits last year. Divisional games are typically hard to judge.

I think if anybody should be feared in the NFC, it would probably be the Giants or the Packers until proven otherwise.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Only in the regular season though. Once the playoffs start they actually feel like playing hard and they dont lose. I hope someone can beat them, just because I like to see different teams win if my team cant, but this year looks exactly like last year now.

Honestly I'm nervous about them facing off against RGIII in the playoffs. Right now it looks like they will and I dunno if they can beat him. I'm confident we can beat any of the other teams, just not the Redskins. I think if we can get past them we've got another super bowl win this year.

Honestly I'm nervous about them facing off against RGIII in the playoffs. Right now it looks like they will and I dunno if they can beat him. I'm confident we can beat any of the other teams, just not the Redskins. I think if we can get past them we've got another super bowl win this year.

I heard some stat about rokkies QBs starting playoff games their first year and they almost never win them. RGIII has played great this year but the playoffs are a different thing all together. The only rookie I could really see doing well in the playoffs is Wilson and that is just because he has such a great supporting cast around him. I figure we still have another year of 2 before RGIII and Luck dominate the playoffs.

They'd probably be the safe pick given their history. Same with New England.

The Giants have been the very definition of a Jekyll and Hyde team though. Dominant one week and having everyone scratch their heads the next.

I think that's just how they deal with the riggors of the season. Teams that stay hot just have a tendency to lose playoff games down the stretch. Try not to get too high/too low, minimize effort until it really counts.

I'm not saying that they try to lose games, but they realize more than anyone else I think that this is a marathon and not a sprint. It'll probably pay off.

I heard some stat about rokkies QBs starting playoff games their first year and they almost never win them. RGIII has played great this year but the playoffs are a different thing all together. The only rookie I could really see doing well in the playoffs is Wilson and that is just because he has such a great supporting cast around him. I figure we still have another year of 2 before RGIII and Luck dominate the playoffs.

If anything Griff would play better during the playoffs. I think our ceiling is winning the wildcard playoff match and losing to the higher seeded NFC team though. This defense aint ready. Offense would be fine.

David-Wilson-sticks-the-landing-shreds-the-Saints-Getty-Images.jpg

Flip Wilson!

Smokey

Tonight...Brady gon get that work. Be prepared.

NFL-Age rise together with your Texans bros as we attempt to take down Lady Brady

I think that's just how they deal with the riggors of the season. Teams that stay hot just have a tendency to lose playoff games down the stretch. Try not to get too high/too low, minimize effort until it really counts.

I'm not saying that they try to lose games, but they realize more than anyone else I think that this is a marathon and not a sprint. It'll probably pay off.

I actually just saw this quote from Justin Tuck posted on Twitter, funny enough:

"Honestly, I think we got kind of caught up in some of our big wins and not played our best the next game. So for me personally I’m already thinking about next week. That’s what we got to do right now. Honestly, this is our playoffs. These are playoff-type games. These are the types of atmospheres we’re going to play in. This is what it’s about. So honestly, my focus is 'On to the next one.'"

http://sulia.com/channel/new-orlean...iants/f/4c0fb460-667a-4295-ad50-ecc14eda0ec7/

Man I still cant get over the Bucs game yesterday. Eagles had scored just 10 points with 6 minutes left in the 4th quarter, and were down by 11 at that point. No way should they have been able to come back. Thankfully the Bucs coach made some weir decisions biggest of which was taking a timeout after the Eagles spiked the ball at the 2 at the end of the game. Ried said that Foles actually called the last play to Maclin, which is great to see. I am still worried about Foles forcing passes and having a slow delivery, but he has looked much better the last 2 weeks.

Talon

I'm very interested to see how they play against the Giants this weekend. Definitely can tell who our key players on defense are now. With Moore or Spoon (earlier in the year) out of the lineup, they look horrible. Moore is the best tackler in the secondary, by far.
That DeAngelo run that put us in the grave would have been a 12 yard gain had Hope made the tackle.

I'm fine losing to a division opponent on the road. From what I can tell, it played out similar to last year's game at Carolina minus our hilarious fourth quarter comeback.

Messing with the playoff machine. NFC East might get very interesting.

If the Cowboys and Skins win their next two and the Giants lose one of the next two, the Skins-Cowboys game will be for the division with the winner playing the Giants most likely.

If the Giants somehow mess around and lose 2 out of their next 3 and the rest of the above scenario (or one of those two wins out) happens, they'd be out of the playoffs. That's just crazy to even think about but not entirely impossible.

Still wouldn't be as crazy as the Jets somehow finding their way into the playoffs. :jnc

...? Based on what?

Griffin takes it up a notch in big games in combination with the leagues best rushing attack--the offense can only be so bad when you're so effective running it. The defense has no chance against playoff mode offenses though.

If the Cowboys and Skins win their next two and the Giants lose one of the next two, the Skins-Cowboys game will be for the division with the winner playing the Giants most likely.

Standing seats would be a thousand dollars in this scenario. I'm about to buy a ticket today on stubhub before the shit hits the fan. It's a pretty big gamble though, as there is a 50/50 chance that the game is either worth everything or literally nothing for both squads.

Jdez15

Banned
Upcoming schedules:

Browns: WAS (maybe without RG3) DEN (Might rest some starters) and PIT (Self Destructing)

Steelers: DAL CIN & CLE

CIN: PHI PIT BAL

Lets go.

Griffin takes it up a notch in big games in combination with the leagues best rushing attack--the offense can only be so bad when you're so effective running it. The defense has no chance against playoff mode offenses though.

Mcnabb had a great record in big games during the regular season but could never step it up in the playoffs for whatever reason, not saying RGIII will be like that just that you cant really be sure how a guy will handle playoff pressure until they are faced with it.

Man I still cant get over the Bucs game yesterday. Eagles had scored just 10 points with 6 minutes left in the 4th quarter, and were down by 11 at that point. No way should they have been able to come back. Thankfully the Bucs coach made some weir decisions biggest of which was taking a timeout after the Eagles spiked the ball at the 2 at the end of the game. Ried said that Foles actually called the last play to Maclin, which is great to see. I am still worried about Foles forcing passes and having a slow delivery, but he has looked much better the last 2 weeks.
If I was an Eagles fan I would be very pleased with Foles' performance yesterday. The guy was getting hammered all night (and did he stand a chance on any of those 6 sacks?) but he managed to hang in there and make some legitimately great throws (many on the run) and win the game during the clutch moments. He's definitely got some potential, especially with an o-line that can actually pass block on occasion.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I actually just saw this quote from Justin Tuck posted on Twitter, funny enough:

http://sulia.com/channel/new-orlean...iants/f/4c0fb460-667a-4295-ad50-ecc14eda0ec7/

Hopefully it isn't just talk. I'd really like to see us at the very least do well in the playoffs.

If the Giants somehow mess around and lose 2 out of their next 3 and the rest of the above scenario (or one of those two wins out) happens, they'd be out of the playoffs. That's just crazy to even think about but not entirely impossible.

Still wouldn't be as crazy as the Jets somehow finding their way into the playoffs. :jnc

If the Jets make the playoffs then we know something has gone very wrong :jnc

If I was an Eagles fan I would be very pleased with Foles' performance yesterday. The guy was getting hammered all night (and did he stand a chance on any of those 6 sacks?) but he managed to hang in there and make some legitimately great throws (many on the run) and win the game during the clutch moments. He's definitely got some potential, especially with an o-line that can actually pass block on occasion.

Yeah he was great in the 4th quarter yesterday, which is nice to see. TB got 6 sacks and tons of pressure but they also left their horrible secondary 1 on 1, and once Marty woke up and started keeping a TE and RB in to block Foles started having time and picking them apart. I dont want to get to high based on yesterday, just because I cant imagine many other coaches being as dumb as TBs, but Foles still made all the throws that he had to. If he can keep this going the rest of the way I will feel a lot better about the Eagles not grabbing anyone in the offseaon. Great point about him moving in the pocket also, he hadnt really done that before this week, but he did a fantastic job of buying himself extra time.

Fox318

Because he can go back to that whenever he wants. It's an ego thing. He wants to show he can succeed in the NFL.

What kind of a person moves him and his family not for money or lifestyle but only for ego which he has a 78% chance to ruin?

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Hopefully the Browns can win at least one of these last three games. 6 wins would be the most I've ever seen them win since Derek Anderson ruined my life.

KingGondo

Banned
Upcoming schedules:

Browns: WAS (maybe without RG3) DEN (Might rest some starters) and PIT (Self Destructing)

Steelers: DAL CIN & CLE

CIN: PHI PIT BAL

Lets go.
The thing that kills me about the Browns is that they should easily be at least 7-6 right now. They gave away the Dallas game and were a dropped pass away from beating Indy too. There were also tons of dropped passes in their Thursday night game against Bodymore.

Ah well.

eznark

Banned
What kind of a person moves him and his family not for money or lifestyle but only for ego which he has a 78% chance to ruin?

Are you taking like a psych 101 course this month or something? You seem to be very interested in divining intent and motivation of scumbags.

The thing that kills me about the Browns is that they should easily be at least 7-6 right now. They gave away the Dallas game and were a dropped pass away from beating Indy too. There were also tons of dropped passes in their Thursday night game against Bodymore.

Ah well.

Dont forget the dropped picks at the end of the Eagles game. Their record could be much better right now.

Chili

The Browns are scary. Been playing hard all season and are now finally getting wins. RGIII or no RGIII, I expect it to be as tough as the NYG/BAL game.

Hopefully the Browns can win at least one of these last three games. 6 wins would be the most I've ever seen them win since Derek Anderson ruined my life.
Are you starting to Shurmer now? 6-7 wins and people are for sure going to start to rally to keep Shurmer. Its a small thing but one thing that really bothers me about Shurmy is that he sucks at giving speeches to the team.

Mcnabb had a great record in big games during the regular season but could never step it up in the playoffs for whatever reason, not saying RGIII will be like that just that you cant really be sure how a guy will handle playoff pressure until they are faced with it.

They never relied on running the ball though. Reid would always abandon the run and Don would have to try to hit a mediocre cast of receivers, all while never being all that accurate to begin with.

Don was nice though. He never got the love from Philly, even though he absolutely got the most out of what he had back then.

Talon

And he is currently paid less than Ken Whisenhunt. That would piss me off too. Generally people who are content are not highly motivated.
Is this true? Amazing.

You're telling me that the Bidwell family is paying someone more than the University of Alabama?

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Cleveland has been cold and depressing.

I like it.

What's the best suicide booth here, kave?

No clue, I live in Canada biiiiitttcchhhh! Ask BG, he'd probably know.

Are you starting to Shurmer now? 6-7 wins and people are for sure going to start to rally to keep Shurmer. Its a small thing but one thing that really bothers me about Shurmy is that he sucks at giving speeches to the team.

Nope I still want him gone. I'm basically looking at it as a combo deal. If Shurmur stays Heckert will be staying and vice versa. These last 3 games will decide Shurmur's fate I feel.

If they battle hard in all 3 and he doesn't Shurmur it up with bonehead moves he'll have a good chance to stay.

I'll give him respect when he deserves it though, the last few games he hasn't Shurmur'd it up much if at all. Yesterday was probably the best game I've seen him coach. They were flawless other then the first two drives for KC.

Talon

Well, purely reported salary. I'm sure the boosters funnel plenty of money his way.
Well, College Football/Basketball coach at a historically successful school is pretty much the perfect job in terms of perks. You're not going to be paying for your home in many cases. You're never paying for a vehicle. You may not pay for a meal depending on the program. Chances are, you're getting free vacations.

Top Bottom