• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 14 |OT| Christmas Time is Here

Wrayfield

Fitz was never a speed guy. He'll be 30 next year. Unlike Andre Johnson, he doesn't have a step to lose. We'll see next year I guess. I really think Garcon is nearly as good as Fitz when healthy

I think you let the hype of last night's game get the better of you. But that's only my opinion.

Fox318

Well he was a 5th round pick going into his 3rd year so......a first and a third? Sounds reasonable.

I'd never trade picks for players unless its a 7th or 6th to fill a practice squad or injury.

I might trade up if I have a decent number of compensatory picks.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Just read that article you posted Mech... God I hope that backfires on that smug homer douche.

"dope slap of reality"

I think the Texans already got that this season against the Packers.

Actually I can't even believe that's real. Almost seems like an Onion article.

squicken

I think you let the hype of last night's game get the better of you. But that's only my opinion.

I wanted the Rams to sign Garcon in the offseason over Vincent Jackson (neither of whom would even visit STL), and have been unimpressed with Fitz all year. I may be horribly wrong, but it's something I've believed all year. fwiw I'm doing pretty good so far

---

8-25-2012

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=41404560&postcount=14427

He's definitely good. It sucked for the Rams that they simply couldn't trade Bradford. Would obviously rather have RG3. Redskins have a good D as well. Just think it will be tough for them. If you look at the Colts schedule you'll seem a lot more easy games

edit: still bitter Rams targeted Finnegan instead of Garcon. so stupid

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=35994480&postcount=12072

3-13-2012

I don't know much on Josh Morgan, but Garcon is a very good deep threat. RG3 throws a great deep ball. That's an intelligent signing imo.

People need to realize that nothing destroys a young QB like giving him nothing to throw to. Even if those guys are #2 WRs, it's still better than having only practice squad talent at the position.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=42873601&postcount=2465

10-4-2012

okay fitz is playing like shit. just goes down. avoids contact

Seahawks with the 2 seed? In my wildest dreams I don't even imagine this, but it is strangely within reach.

All we need to do is win out and hope for two things to happen.

San Fran lose against NE
Packers lose to either Vikebike or Bears.

That's it.... literally. Having that tiebreaker (lol we don't deserve it but oh well) over the Packers could be huge.

Kiryu

All we need to do is win out and hope for two things to happen.

San Fran lose against NE
Packers lose to either Vikebike or Bears.

That's it.... literally. Having that tiebreaker (lol we don't deserve it but oh well) over the Packers could be huge.
All I care is get in the playoff and I don't want to face Green Packers team again... Hope They're taken care of in 1st round unless Seahawks is facing them.

you seachickens fans can put the #2 seed to rest. you won't even be winning the division. i'm glad you blew out the cards so you'll get a big head. plus without PED abuser sherman (who will be suspended 4 games on wednesday) your D wont be able to stand up to future superbowl MVP kap

NawidA

Banned
you seachickens fans can put the #2 seed to rest. you won't even be winning the division. i'm glad you blew out the cards so you'll get a big head. plus without PED abuser sherman (who will be suspended 4 games on wednesday) your D wont be able to stand up to future superbowl MVP kap
image.php

u mad the raiders suckin dick as usual? maybe you'll make the playoffs at SOME point in this decade but it'd take a complete collapse from your division. i guess once peypey retires in 5 years or whenever you might have a chance to win the division at 7-9 or something

bluemax

Banned

I don't expect us to get it, I just find it amazing that its even a possibility at this point in the season.

Future HoFamer Russell Wilson is gonna style on Krapernick.

Striker

Garcon is a bit like Mario Manningham. Straight speedster but is pretty limited in his route ability. Washington seemed to do pretty well without him, too.

Good win over the shithead Saints. Glad they put up 52 points - payback for all that shit Payton pulled in years before. Happy that Wilson was able to breakout and get proper reps. He now has to see some action and split the load with Bradshaw. Only way they'll be able to produce - same way with Cruz last year as they were putting out Hixon and Stokley because he had trouble picking up the routes combos.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
If the Browns win out we have a 20% chance of making the playoffs.

I love unlikely statistics!

I'm rooting for the Browns/Steelers game to be flexed into prime time. We aren't making playoffs but would be fun to have a chance to eliminate the Steelers with everyone watching.

Wes

venison crêpe
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/12/10/saban-slides-onto-the-nfl-coaching-radar-again/

Saban would come back to the NFL, but only with Lombardi as his GM. Says Lombardi's agent. Probably. Maybe

The more I've read the more I don't want Saban. He'll force us to switch from the 4-3 which we've got stacked at personnel, Jauron would have to leave and he's got the defence playing hard. Plus it sounds like he's handcuffed to Lombardi who I don't want at all.

Banner should, for the greater good, give up most of the personnel decisions to Heckert - he's done a great job and work with him regarding Free Agency and the cap which is where Banner is best suited.

I don't think I'd even mind keeping Shurmur now. The dumb play calling from the first half of the season has largely been eradicated. Then again I wouldn't mind a college coach taking over if they were a young and succesful and wouldn't require blowing up the solid foundations we have in place.

I'm rooting for the Browns/Steelers game to be flexed into prime time. We aren't making playoffs but would be fun to have a chance to eliminate the Steelers with everyone watching.

I don't know much about flexing rules for games. Anywhere I could read up on them?

TheFatOne

I used to believe this Pats game was more important to HOU, but after the ravens lost yesterday I have changed my mind. Pats can't afford to lose this game. Only chance they have at making the super bowl is with a bye.

eznark

Banned

Isn't that week 17? No prime time games so that would be quite the feat.

Yesterday's game made me glad Kugler is gone by season's end. The O-line cost us the game. San Diego's defense is no slouch but they dominated the Steelers in the trenches. Colon tried to play on that knee but now he's reportedly done for the season and frankly I think that's the biggest blow to this team outside of losing Roethlisberger. Colon was the run game.

I hope Wallace is happy to be the number 1 guy in an ass kicking rather than a cog in a winning offense. Fitzgerald sure seems to like it.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Isn't that week 17? No prime time games so that would be quite the feat.

Ah yes you're right. Way to ruin my dreams eznark. :(

I was thinking back to that St. Louis/Seattle? game a few seasons ago when winner won the division (at 7-9) to make playoffs and they moved that into prime time.

Welp I'd be more disappointed about not getting a prime time game but I am a Browns fan, comes with the territory.

Yesterday just seemed to be like the underdogs day, in general.

I don't like the fact that we lost to the Panthers but I think it may be the wake up call that the team needs going down the stretch and into the playoffs.

I'm very interested to see how they play against the Giants this weekend. Definitely can tell who our key players on defense are now. With Moore or Spoon (earlier in the year) out of the lineup, they look horrible. Moore is the best tackler in the secondary, by far.

jmdajr

Kinda wack but both Texans and Ravens can end potentially end up wild card teams.
Hell, Ravens haven't even cliched a Play Off spot. Could miss out at 9-7

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Yesterday just seemed to be like the underdogs day, in general.

I don't like the fact that we lost to the Panthers but I think it may be the wake up call that the team needs going down the stretch and into the playoffs.

I'm very interested to see how they play against the Giants this weekend. Definitely can tell who our key players on defense are now. With Moore or Spoon (earlier in the year) out of the lineup, they look horrible. Moore is the best tackler in the secondary, by far.

Well thats the optimistic way of looking at things.

It could also be that the Falcons just aren't very good.

Chili

Ah yes you're right. Way to ruin my dreams eznark. :(

I was thinking back to that St. Louis/Seattle? game a few seasons ago when winner won the division (at 7-9) to make playoffs and they moved that into prime time.

Welp I'd be more disappointed about not getting a prime time game but I am a Browns fan, comes with the territory.

I'm pretty sure there is a prime time game in Week 17. They just don't decide until 6 days before to make sure it has playoff implications. Keep hope alive!

Well thats the optimistic way of looking at things.

It could also be that the Falcons just aren't very good.

You could also say that for a lot of teams at this point. I didn't see a team yesterday besides Seattle that looked dominant.

The Giants looked good but played on a short field for most of the game and the Saints still made a game of it.

The Lions hung with the Packers for most of the game, Stafford's picks did them in.

Bears got beat up.

49ers didn't look like world beaters against the Dolphins.

Ravens/Steelers didn't look like the two heavyweights of old.

There isn't a team I'd feel comfortable saying is a superbowl frontrunner at this point. Everyone has issues this year.

My wife says she is going out tomorrow night. Her entire family is from the New England area and diehard Pats fans. I may be divorced soon...

What is it with all you people marrying/dating Pats fans? All trying to board the Pats bandwagon right before the Mallett Dynasty.

If I had to pick today I'd pick the Giants to take it. They just step up when it counts it seems like.

Yeah I think they are the clear favorite this year. The Eagles seem to be the only team that can beat Eli in the playoffs and there is no chance now of that happening so Eli's gonna get a 3rd this year.

KingGondo

Banned
If the Browns win out we have a 20% chance of making the playoffs.

I love unlikely statistics!
That's a higher chance than I thought.

Then again, the odds of them winning out are probably about 10%, so it's even less likely.

Still. GO BROWNS

If I had to pick today I'd pick the Giants to take it. They just step up when it counts it seems like.

They'd probably be the safe pick given their history. Same with New England.

The Giants have been the very definition of a Jekyll and Hyde team though. Dominant one week and having everyone scratch their heads the next.

My hand is near the panic button but I'm not going to push it unless we get steam rolled by the Giants.

Top Bottom