• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 14 |OT| Christmas Time is Here

eznark

Banned
untitled-11dpeg.gif

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

KingGondo

Banned
He was suppose to be a guru with young Qb I believe. Id like to see us finally draft a good TE in the early rounds. I've wanted Fleener and Rudolph in the past years. I'm on the Manti Train right now, but I'd like to trade down and pick up a second or somthing
To be fair, Weeden has played well outside of the absolute clusterfuck of a first game against Philly, but I'd like to see him work out of the shotgun more. Fits his skillset much better.

As far as the draft goes: I like Te'o's leadership and all that, but I'm more partial to a freak athlete like Jarvis Jones or Barkevious Mingo. And I doubt Tavon Austin will be around after the 2nd round. :(

I like Trent and think it was a decent pick, but the trade up to get him was stupid. At least Gordon seems to be working out.

With Bennett having some pretty good games the last few weeks, I decided to take a look at the Giants Tight Ends the past three years:

Kevin Boss: 35 REC 531 YDS 5 TD 15.2 AVG
Jake Ballard: 38 RC 604 YDS 4 TD 15.9 AVG
Martellus Bennett: 49 REC 569 YDS 5 TD 11.6 AVG

Amazed by the level of consistency with three different players (Mike Pope, FTW). The difference with Marty is his blocking has far surpassed that of either Ballard and Boss. If he continues the current level of production, he should be able to surpass Boss's best year as a Giants easily.

Not bad for a one year 1.5 million contract.

To be fair, Weeden has played well outside of the absolute clusterfuck of a first game against Philly, but I'd like to see him work out of the shotgun more. Fits his skillset much better.

As far as the draft goes: I like Te'o's leadership and all that, but I'm more partial to a freak athlete like Jarvis Jones or Barkevious Mingo. And I doubt Tavon Austin will be around after the 2nd round. :(

I like Trent and think it was a decent pick, but the trade up to get him was stupid. At least Gordon seems to be working out.
Don't like Mingo much, and the only thing that scares ms about Jarvis is his health.

I'm not feeling too good about our remaning three games. I know we will beat the Cards, although it probably won't be by 58 or whatever it was. Texans please pulverize the Pats so we have an easier game next week!

squicken

Brockers is going to be a freaking steal for the Rams. He ran down a play to Vernon Davis last week and this week it's Stevie Johnson. He's a boss already in the run game and is starting to get a pass rush. Dropping him in a zone blitz, with his size, takes away a lot of space for a QB to work

brockssskukzv.gif

eznark

Banned
Brockers is going to be a freaking steal for the Rams. He ran down a play to Vernon Davis last week and this week it's Stevie Johnson. He's a boss already in the run game and is starting to get a pass rush. Dropping him in a zone blitz, with his size, takes away a lot of space for a QB to work

brockssskukzv.gif

Yeah, just needs six guys to slow down the receiver and he's money.

We are about to get double Manning fucked over the next two weeks, even at home. Peyton this Sunday, Eli the next. I'm putting the over/under for combined Manning passing yards against us at 720 and I'm taking the over. The Mannings, in particular Peyton, owns us. Here are some numbers that I pulled out of my ass, but I'm pretty sure they're close:

Peyton Manning against Ravens
Record: 42-0
Average Game: 400 yards 87% completion rate 4 TDs 0 INTs

And we had a good defense back then.

We are about to get double Manning fucked over the next two weeks, even at home. Peyton this Sunday, Eli the next. I'm putting the over/under for combined Manning passing yards against us at 720 and I'm taking the over. The Mannings, in particular Peyton, owns us. Here are some numbers that I pulled out of my ass, but I'm pretty sure they're close:

I saw that. The Broncos not only have a good two quarter offense, but their defense will probably give Baltimore a much tougher time then expected. Giants... Nuff said.

Draft

It's true.

Cam sucks and I'm glad he's gone, but doing it w/ 3 games left in the season and a good shot at making the playoffs? Iffy timing.

Tom Penny

I will be rooting for your disgusting putrid team for the 1st time in history.

Nakazato

My thoughts exactly. I know Cam was bad but this seems worse.
Nothing is worst than Q go deep. Joe wait for the deep routes to open.

Today is Christmas and this is the best present ever

And if Caldwell fucks up we will get a better OC next year.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Jim Caldwell? Holy shit hahaha.

Dude was one of the most incompetent coaches ever. Will never forget how he gave that game away to the Jets in the playoffs.

Still guess he can't be as bad as Cam.

What a bizarre move by the Ravens. The team is 9-4, their offense puts up 28 points against the Skins, were up 8 late in the 4th quarter and they fire the OC? The fuck?

jbug617

Banned
What a bizarre move by the Ravens. Their offense puts up 28 points, were up 8 late in the 4th quarter and they fire the OC? The fuck?

People are saying Ray Rice is extremely upset with the play calling (as he should be). Let's keep it real Ray Rice is the reason they are going to make it to the playoffs because if he didn't convert 4th and 29, there is a strong possibility of them losing the rest of their games.

Gotta love the Harbaughs and their late-season change-ups.

Seriously. I was talking to my Niners coworkers and relating my Cameron firing excitement to their Kaepernick excitement.

We already had Caldwell as QB coach, and with all Flacco's success how could he not be the choice.

Top Bottom