• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 14 |OT| Christmas Time is Here

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Aren't all of Wisconsin's lineman the huge white cornfed farmboy type? You know, 6'7" 325lbs or something. With last names like "Wagner" or "Havenstein"?

I'm shocked more of those guys haven't made the NFL. Too slow maybe?

verbum

Aren't all of Wisconsin's lineman the huge white cornfed farmboy type? You know, 6'7" 325lbs or something. With last names like "Wagner" or "Havenstein"?

I'm shocked more of those guys haven't made the NFL. Too slow maybe?
The Falcons got Peter Konz (guard) from Wisconsin this past draft. He got beat bad last Thursday against the Saints. . It is his rookie year but he was selected to start.

Crisco

Banned
I wonder if the Chargers will try to peddle Rivers for draft picks, or give him a chance to prove he can still be a competent QB with a new coaching staff.

Godslay

Banned
I wonder if the Chargers will try to peddle Rivers for draft picks, or give him a chance to prove he can still be a competent QB with a new coaching staff.

I bet they stick with him. They have a decent amount of talent on the team, they just need someone to utilize it. Rivers isn't Sanchez levels bad yet, so why not?

As far as San Diego in general is concerned, I look forward to them being a good team again. Divisional football is much more fun when there is good competition. I used to love the battles with KC in the late 90's.

WedgeX

Banned
I just love being a Lions fan.

anonymous Lions player to Yahoo via the Detroit Free Press said:
After Sunday’s 35-33 loss to the Indianapolis Colts, one Lions player told Yahoo Sports that Suh and others “don’t understand what it takes to win.”

“Yeah, we're loaded," the unnamed player told Yahoo. "But we have a couple of guys who don't understand what it takes to win. Just making a couple of plays and thinking that makes you great … sometimes you want to just shake some of these guys and say, 'Don't you get it?' "

Asked who in particular fell into that category, the player said, “Ndamukong would be first.”

“He's focused for 90 percent of the time," an anonymous teammate told Yahoo. "But it's the 10 percent that kills you. … With (Suh), he loses his cool and all of a sudden we're blowing a play or dealing with some controversy.”

“When stars act like that, everybody else thinks it's OK to act like that," the player said. "It's like with kids. You let one get a little out of control, the other one does the same thing pretty quick. It's human nature.”

Curious as to who it is.

When the NFL changed the line of scrimmage for kickoffs to increase touchbacks, New England Patriots coach Bill Belichick derisively said it was only a matter of time before the league eliminated kickoffs entirely. He believed that's what the NFL wanted to do.

Belichick might wind up being proven right.

NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell said he has taken it under consideration to remove the kickoff entirely.

"It's an off-the-wall idea," Goodell told TIME in a cover story for the Dec. 17 issue. "It's different and makes you think differently. It did me."

Even more intriguing is an alternative concept promoted by first-year Tampa Bay Buccaneers coach Greg Schiano. Goodell met with the NFL competition committee chairman about the concept.

"After a touchdown or field goal, instead of kicking off, a team would get the ball on its own 30-yard line, where it's fourth-and-15," TIME's Sean Gregory writes. "The options are either to go for it and try to retain possession or punt. If you go for it and fall short, of course, the opposing team would take over with good field position. In essence, a punt replaces the kickoffs."

It's an interesting idea. We haven't seen the numbers that punts are that much safer than kickoffs, but the NFL must have the data to support the notion if it's considering it.

The implications for strategy are even more intriguing. If a team is trailing by more than one score very late in the fourth quarter, they likely would to try to go for it on fourth-and-15 instead of punting. That's not an easy situation to convert, but the concept still would make it easier to stage a comeback without ever giving the ball back to an opponent.

edit: also, NFL.com is reporting that AJ Smith and Norv Turner are gone by season's end.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
I think Papa Johns is trying to kill me....

Just received my 4th Free Pizza Code from the 2 Million Pizzas Peyton Promo

Craziest thing... I never fucking entered!

effzee

Chargers fans:

anchorman.gif

ib0TFeFexTqNaW.gif

Same way most Philly fans will react once Reid is shown the door!

Both should have been fired after last season.

Narag

That's pretty impressive. The only game I've ever got all the achievements out of was Symphony of the Night. I play it a couple of times to completion every year.

It really makes me wish Nintendo games had some type of achievements.

That good taste in games.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
It really makes me wish Nintendo games had some type of achievements.

You do have it with Wii U Accomplishments (that's what they are called)

Only thing is that there are not a system based achievement system (not mandatory)

I was hoping for a NINty coin system

Bronze Coins (Mushroom Logo or Dev/Pub Icon)
Silver Coins (Flower Logo or Dev/Pub Icon)
Gold Coin (Leaf Logo or Dev/Pub Icon)
Shining Star (Platinum)

Hell if no Mario Motif, make the coins like Zelda Rupees and profit

Achievements/Trophies do bring high attach rates

No clue why NINty shunned them, they have Nintendo Rewards Club, this could've been a big edition on top of that
3rd parties would sell and be played like mad

Top Bottom