• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 14 |OT| Christmas Time is Here

NawidA

Banned
I kinda want Harbs to put Tiny Hands back in so you guys don't complete any passes to WRs or convert 3rd downs in the playoffs.

We'd have beaten your ass in WK 2 as well biiiiiitch!

I said it before and I'll say it again, the Niners will not win a SB with shit at QB.

Shit at qb is what the cards have. Niners have 2 good qbs with different skill sets. Sounds like you're jealous that we have a great FO, great coaching staff and great depth where the cards are a laughing stock. Suck our diiiiiiiiiicks!

It should have not been called a safety, but to excuse Kap for his play there is folly. The LoS was the 17 yard line and he retreated 23 yards before throwing it away. That's dumb. The anti-Alex argument will always need to be that he is holding back the rest of the offense from being the best that it can. Kap certainly looked great vs CHI, and is young. He had a bad day Sunday and was a big reason they lost

Pretty clear the refs didn't know the line of scrimmage extends oob in that scenario

You guys have probably seen it but...

tortoise_zps625fa9c1.jpg

lolol.

He's had it since he was 10. Used to be able to hold it in his palm.

You guys have probably seen it but...

tortoise_zps625fa9c1.jpg

lolol.

He's had it since he was 10. Used to be able to hold it in his palm.

Yeah reading about his background like the tortoise is what made me a Kap fanboy. I wonder what the lifespan of that thing is, some of them live for decades don't they. Not sure what specific species of tortoise that is tho

also wonder if it's potty-trained, how smart they are, if they show any sort of connection to their owners, and so on. Time to google

Shit at qb is what the cards have. Niners have 2 good qbs with different skill sets. Sounds like you're jealous that we have a great FO, great coaching staff and great depth where the cards are a laughing stock. Suck our diiiiiiiiiicks!

You consider your QB's good? lololol We both have shit at the position. Do you have the same people that decided it was a good idea to make Singletary coach? If so, I simply give you HC (and probably his staff, don't know anything about them). Can't argue having no OL depth, that's readily apparent. That said, how often do you have 4 out of 5 OL starters out at a time? Freak season.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Yeah reading about his background like the tortoise is what made me a Kap fanboy. I wonder what the lifespan of that thing is, some of them live for decades don't they. Not sure what specific species of tortoise that is tho

also wonder if it's potty-trained, how smart they are, if they show any sort of connection to their owners, and so on. Time to google

Finding Nemo taught me that those things can be 150 years old!

Stop talking out of your asses. The oldest living African Spurred Tortoise in captivity is 54. Finding Nemo has Green Sea Turtles.

I'm not talking out of my ass. Tortoises can live a long time, I have no idea what species his is and I never said the turtle in Finding Nemo was the same thing.

Relax friend.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
It should have not been called a safety, but to excuse Kap for his play there is folly. The LoS was the 17 yard line and he retreated 23 yards before throwing it away. That's dumb. The anti-Alex argument will always need to be that he is holding back the rest of the offense from being the best that it can. Kap certainly looked great vs CHI, and is young. He had a bad day Sunday and was a big reason they lost

I don't consider it a bad play. He knew he was fast enough to get outside the tackles and that he had a strong enough arm to reach the LOS. I base my opinion on the play not a botched call.

asses was plural

I know where you are coming from though, I get rustled as much as the next guy when people mix up turtles/tortoises or perpetuate animal myths. (My degree is in Biology).

I just dont bother with shoving it down peoples throats.

In any case, its just supposed to be a fun story about a thug with tattoos and his vicious reptile.

You consider your QB's good? lololol We both have shit at the position. Do you have the same people that decided it was a good idea to make Singletary coach? If so, I simply give you HC (and probably his staff, don't know anything about them). Can't argue having no OL depth, that's readily apparent. That said, how often do you have 4 out of 5 OL starters out at a time? Freak season.

Put it this way, Scott Tolzien would start for your team

bionic77

Happened to the Steelers at least twice this year. 4 is pretty bad but I feel like at various points we always lose at least 3 at one time during the season.

Not sure if we are snakebit or our players are shitty or the coaches are doing something wrong. The Pats used to have the best luck with their OL but that seems to have caught up with them big time.

I know where you are coming from though, I get rustled as much as the next guy when people mix up turtles/tortoises or perpetuate animal myths. (My degree is in Biology).

I just dont bother with shoving it down peoples throats.

In any case, its just supposed to be a fun story about a thug with tattoos and his vicious reptile.

Aye yai yai, I'm just pointing out nonsense. I don't care nearly as much as you think.

Happened to the Steelers at least twice this year. 4 is pretty bad but I feel like at various points we always lose at least 3 at one time during the season.

Not sure if we are snakebit or our players are shitty or the coaches are doing something wrong. The Pats used to have the best luck with their OL but that seems to have caught up with them big time.

The thing with us is that we have the greatest Oline coach in the league, so even with injuries, we're able to manage. But when your back ups their back ups are getting injured it's starting to suck.

The thing with us is that we have the greatest Oline coach in the league, so even with injuries, we're able to manage. But when your back ups their back ups are getting injured it's starting to suck.

Best O Line coach in the league is on the Jets. Or have you forgotten about 2008? Cause I haven't!

Put it this way, Scott Tolzien would start for your team

When Lindley was starting if he beat out Lindley in practice, possibly. We would play anyone at that point but that's only because Kolb is out. Kolb was actually playing well before he went down (besides when the OL let the Lambs murder him week 5). That was more on them though. I'd be genuinely curious to see how Kolb would do under adequate protection. I'm pretty sure better than Smith. There's no QB worth going after so we'll probably stick with him, renegotiate his contract so now if we can improve the line we'll find out. Massie has really improved through out the season, I'll looking forward to how he holds up against these top defenses in the coming weeks.

RBH

The Minnesota Vikings' season will be on the line Sunday against the Chicago Bears. As such, linebacker Chad Greenway has asked fans to get "super-duper drunk" in order to boost the Vikings' home-field advantage at the Metrodome.

"We have to play accordingly and our fans have to show up accordingly, which we know they will. Hopefully, they're super-duper drunk. ... So drink liquor, not beer," he said after Minnesota's loss to Green Bay last Sunday, according to the Star Tribune.

The Vikings, at 6-6 this season, trail the first-place Bears (8-4) by two games in the NFC North standings. The Bears, who are tied with Green Bay atop the standings, beat the Vikings in Chicago two weeks ago.

The game is scheduled to start at noon local time. As such, Greenway advocated that fans start their drinking early.

"Yeah, I would say morning drinking," Greenway said, according to the newspaper. "Why not? You could pull an all-nighter. Then you'd have the drunk, tired guys who will really be obnoxious."

On Thursday, Greenway tried to clarify his comments, saying in an interview with "The Waddle & Silvy Show" on ESPN 1000 in Chicago that he "went a little far."

"Obviously, I could have used some more responsible words," Greenway said. "I think the people that know me, the beat writers included, know that I said that sort of tongue-in-cheek.

"I just wanted the fans at home to be loud like they always are. I think just trying to drive that point home I probably got a little loose with my words. Obviously I should have been a little more responsible with it. It was said, so what do you do?"

Greenway, who leads the NFL with 123 tackles, said he drew from his college experience in making the comments.

"I played football at the University of Iowa and all I knew was that they started drinking at about 5 o'clock at those games for tailgating so I thought it would be OK to say it," Greenway said Thursday. "Obviously I just went a little far."
http://espn.go.com/chicago/nfl/stor...ikings-wants-metrodome-fans-super-duper-drunk

150113d1290092223-famous-bikers-vikings-ragnar.jpg

When Lindley was starting if he beat out Lindley in practice, possibly. We would play anyone at that point but that's only because Kolb is out. Kolb was actually playing well before he went down (besides when the OL let the Lambs murder him week 5). That was more on them though. I'd be genuinely curious to see how Kolb would do under adequate protection. I'm pretty sure better than Smith. There's no QB worth going after so we'll probably stick with him, renegotiate his contract so now if we can improve the line we'll find out. Massie has really improved through out the season, I'll looking forward to how he holds up against these top defenses in the coming weeks.

I think most NFL qbs could find some degree of success with quality pass protection. If you've made it to the NFL you obviously have the physical ability. I actually think kolb could be decent as well but with good protection he is the same as Alex. Watching him in the early season reminded me of Alex actually

I think most NFL qbs could find some degree of success with quality pass protection. If you've made it to the NFL you obviously have the physical ability. I actually think kolb could be decent as well but with good protection he is the same as Alex. Watching him in the early season reminded me of Alex actually

Yeah I actually related our style of play to the Niners offense of yesteryear. Conservative with ball security being the top priority. He did a pretty good job in that but he also showed he can make the down field throws I haven't witnessed Alex make. If we get that from him again when he returns (starting to sound like he might not make it back this season) with a top D and good ST, we may play very similarly to the Niners indeed. If Massie has turned the corner like I hope and we either draft Joeckel or Lewan or get good play out of Levi, I think we can surprise people next year. There's bound to be coaching changes at the end of this season though and I have no idea how that will impact things right now.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I'm at a computer now so I can link my proof that Big Ben is starting:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8721391/ben-roethlisberger-start-pittsburgh-steelers

The Pittsburgh Steelers on Thursday announced that Ben Roethlisberger will start at quarterback on Sunday against the San Diego Chargers.

Kave_man, how did you get your tag? Aside from, you know, your unfortunate deception into joining Browns-GAF.

Teams I follow:

Cleveland Browns - nuff said
Toronto Blue Jays - have not made playoffs since 1993 but things are suddenly looking good.
Toronto Raptors - shit franchise that hasn't made playoffs since 2006 or 2008.
Toronto Maple Leafs - have not won Stanley Cup since 1967, have not made playoffs since the lockout (2004)

Godslay

Banned
Teams I follow:

Cleveland Browns - nuff said
Toronto Blue Jays - have not made playoffs since 1993 but things are suddenly looking good.
Toronto Raptors - shit franchise that hasn't made playoffs since 2006 or 2008.
Toronto Maple Leafs - have not won Stanley Cup since 1967, have not made playoffs since the lockout (2004)

What aboot the Argos?

Top Bottom