• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 14 |OT| Christmas Time is Here

Teams I follow:

Cleveland Browns - nuff said
Toronto Blue Jays - have not made playoffs since 1993 but things are suddenly looking good.
Toronto Raptors - shit franchise that hasn't made playoffs since 2006 or 2008.
Toronto Maple Leafs - have not won Stanley Cup since 1967, have not made playoffs since the lockout (2004)

poor kave

Did I just see that Big Ben is starting this Sunday?

edit: Yup LaCanfora confirmed.
original.gif

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
What aboot the Argos?

I decided to keep them out as I'm not sure many of you would give a rats ass about the CFL and at the same time I'd gladly throw them under the bus for just a sniff at playoffs for any of those other teams.

WedgeX

Banned
So...is Big Ben going to die on Sunday? Or are they making him pads made out of concrete, with an inside lining of bubble wrap?

Lunchbox

Banned
Teams I follow:

Toronto Blue Jays - have not made playoffs since 1993 but things are suddenly looking good.
Toronto Maple Leafs - have not won Stanley Cup since 1967, have not made playoffs since the lockout (2004)
add

Bret Hart - Forever in Shawn Michael's shadow

Vesmir

Banned
I decided to keep them out as I'm not sure many of you would give a rats ass about the CFL and at the same time I'd gladly throw them under the bus for just a sniff at playoffs for any of those other teams.

But you were so happy when the Argos won!

Man, it depresses me that you'll never experience the excitement of getting into the playoffs, only to be disappointed when you get rolled, for quite some time.

Wasn't his rib broke and close to puncturing his aorta or some shit like that?

Not exactly, had a shoulder sprain and partially dislocated rib. There was a slim chance that if he was playing and took a specific hit, then the rib could move and puncture the aorta. He was cleared of that problem about two weeks ago and the only thing keeping him off the field was that the pain in his shoulder was keeping him from putting velocity on the ball. Apparently his arm strength was much improved this week in practice.

bionic77

3 and a half games, feels like a lifetime for me. A tad worried, Ben's first games back from injury are usually pretty bad.
:lol

So true.

That game against Oakland after his concussion was probably the worst example of this.

I am getting to the point where I almost don't trust our doctors. We need some new ones.

Bowser

Panthers are missing a shit ton of players for Sunday's game. Stewart, LaFell, and Godfrey are all likely to be out. We are looking at starting Louis Murphy as our #2 WR and going against Jones, White, and Gonzalez with a secondary of Captain Munnerlyn, Josh Norman, Haruki Nakamura, and DJ Campbell.

This is what's going to make the upset even more amazing due to the Law of Gus.

:lol

So true.

That game against Oakland after his concussion was probably the worst example of this.

I am getting to the point where I almost don't trust our doctors. We need some new ones.

I'm hoping this time that Haley has a smart game plan for him. Don't make him try to do too much, get the running game going and hit Brown with some short stuff.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Peyton Hillis responded to Joe Thomas:

# Chiefs RB Peyton Hillis has responded to Joe Thomas' criticism, likening # Browns Pro Bowl tackle to "your crazy ex-girlfriend."

More Hillis on Thomas: "It's been over a year. Get over it. I guess when you get paid over 100 million dollars by one team . . .

Hillis continued: "it's kind of easy to point the finger at other guys and try to hate on them for trying to get another contract.''

1. Doesn't deny that he tried to get paid last year and gladly didn't give a shit about the team.

2. Maybe not the best words to use after your teammate just killed his girlfriend.

Peyton Hillis responded to Joe Thomas:

1. Doesn't deny that he tried to get paid last year and gladly didn't give a shit about the team.
2. Maybe not the best words to use after your teammate just killed his girlfriend.
Maybe because Peyton Hillis is a fucking piece of shit?

Giants practice report for today. Quickie:

Beckum, Bradshaw, Nicks, Phillips and Sash did not practice.

Nicks and Phillips both have a sore knee. For Hakeem, it's been the same thing all year long and it looks like it may be affecting him again (UGH). For Kenny, it seems more precautionary than anything else.

On the good news front, Jacquain Williams practiced and looked pretty good flying around on the field. JPP fully practiced the last two days as well coming off of a sore back that almost had him sit the last game.

Talon

So Peyton Hillis is a selfish asshole. Good to know.

Remember when Peja refused to play in a playoff series for the Pacers because he was a UFA? That was nice of him.

jbug617

Banned
Teams I follow:

The Leafs helped the Bruins grab 2 franchise players so they have that going so far.

Team sources tell the Union-Tribune San Diego Chargers owner Dean Spanos plans to fire both coach Norv Turner and GM A.J. Smith at season's end.

According to long-time Chargers reporter Kevin Acee, Spanos has "resigned himself to the fact that Smith can't be kept in the current environment of plummeting performance and fan unrest," and that plans to can both Turner and Smith are "already in motion." Spanos was widely expected to replace his football brain trust last season, but had a last-minute change of heart. Per Acee, "it seems certain" that will not be the case this time around. Spanos is reportedly planning to replace Smith with current Chargers Director of Player Personnel Jimmy Raye.
Finally.

squicken

Andre Johnson called the Pats game "The biggest game in the history of the franchise"

Not really true but glad they are motivated. All these giant vs giant matchups have been duds so far

Andre Johnson called the Pats game "The biggest game in the history of the franchise"

Not really true but glad they are motivated. All these giant vs giant matchups have been duds so far

We're gonna get assaulted in our own house by the Texans like a fat college girl in a toilet by Big Ben :(

Fox318

I can't wait till Mark throws for 5 tds this week, leads the team to the playoffs and a Super Bowl. Then next draft the Jets get a elite RB and WR combo and the Jets go 19-0 next year.

Jags are going down.

jakncoke

Banned
lol peyton hillis saying joe thomas was being like a angry ex gf and lol at him using dynamite while fishing with joe thomas

Narag

I can't wait till Mark throws for 5 tds this week, leads the team to the playoffs and a Super Bowl. Then next draft the Jets get a elite RB and WR combo and the Jets go 19-0 next year.

Jags are going down.

You're turning into crimzonflame.

jakncoke

Banned
also interesting thing about browns(well not really but something i never knew) Phil Simms nearly signed with the browns in 1995

I gotta agree. Having ST and still not being able to watch all games sucked...They both had to go. Rivers might be on his way out too.

On another note, on the Scott Van Pelt show they were trolling on the Raiders. I couldn't help on the draft blounders they have/had in the last 10 years.

Just imagine the Raiders having these players-

Megatron
Fitzgerald
AROD

Smh

Doorman

With Riley Reiff and now Bill Nagy coming out of his cast and getting to rehab, I feel alright about the Lions mid-range prospects on the o-line.

Although since he was a Badger, I need ez's opinion on him.

Now can the front office please address whatever the hell is wrong with the team? Stafford already appeased the curse of Bobby Lane. Now for our secondary, etc.

The story just linked said:
Nagy, a seventh-round pick out of Wisconsin in 2011, is a versatile interior lineman who has experience playing both guard and center.

"He's a very interesting player," Schwartz said. He played on the offensive line when we played down in Dallas (last year) -- thought that he did some really good things. He was a guy that had an injury early on and he had an injury-marred career at Wisconsin, but it didn't take away the fact that he was a good player. He's in injury rehab right now but I think that he has a future for sure with us."

Nagy was involved in a Moped accident in 2009, suffering multiple injuries including a broken wrist and heel. He returned to start eight games as a senior in 2010, filling in at various spots on the Badgers offensive line.

As a rookie for the Cowboys last season, he started the first four games of the regular season before fracturing his ankle and landing on injured reserve.

Oh yeah, really sounds like a guy that we can count on for a long future with our offensive line. He can go hang out with Jason Fox!

Draft the best guard we can get with out second-round pick. Boom.

Top Bottom