• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 14 |OT| Christmas Time is Here

ari

Banned
Why is the dark souls 2 announcement so exciting?

Lol, my girl is watching the Drew Peterson story on lifetime. Rob Lowe is playing him in silly make up and a shitty accent.

Greg

I rented the first Dark Souls, beat the jelly guy, and then got pissed once I realized I wasn't going to finish the game during the rental period and quit.

I rented the first Dark Souls, beat the jelly guy, and then got pissed once I realized I wasn't going to finish the game during the rental period and quit.
lol

Listening to Destinity as I type this! I haven't listened to that new Arsis stuff yet, is it any good?

ari said:
Why is the dark souls 2 announcement so exciting?
Sequel to godly game is announced.

Questions inquiring about reasons for excitement asked.

What world do I live in?

Dark Souls is an incredible game so yes a sequel is exciting news

Greg said:
What was the rental period? It's easily a 50+ hour game and that's if you're rushing through it.

Greg

lol

Listening to Destinity as I type this! I haven't listened to that new Arsis stuff yet, is it any good?
Nice! And yes, it's good - a bit more in line with their older stuff. I'm not sure if it's anything that would sell someone unfamiliar with the band, but it's only a 19-minute EP (and one track is remake of an unreleased), so it's worth a few spins at the least.

They still have a full-length coming out early next year, so I'm wondering if any of these tracks were just some b-sides that they pitched to Scion for some publicity.

What was the rental period? It's easily a 50+ hour game and that's if you're rushing through it.
Yeah, I had no clue about that going into it. The rental was only for 5 days, and I was busy most of the time... spent maybe 5 hours on it, and half of the time was me trying to understand how shit worked because I was too stubborn to look for help online.

Nice! And yes, it's good - a bit more in line with their older stuff. I'm not sure if it's anything that would sell someone unfamiliar with the band, but it's only a 19-minute EP (and one track is remake of an unreleased), so it's worth a few spins at the least.

They still have a full-length coming out early next year, so I'm wondering if any of these tracks were just some b-sides that they pitched to Scion for some publicity.
Weird that they would release an EP with an album hitting early next year. I've listened to some of their older stuff a little but not enough to know if I really like it. I would say more but typing on this stupid iPhone is too annoying, haha.

Rorschach

Yeah, fuck this bullshit. Let's take up a new sport, is there a pro handball league?

Of course! Where else would you get your needed dose of Jake Plummer?

IiVQ6.jpg

ari

Banned
Holy crap, i called phantom pain metal gear solid back in the thread. It was obvious but holyshit at the detective work over at gaming side.

Sequel to godly game is announced.

Questions inquiring about reasons for excitement asked.

What world do I live in?

Dark Souls is an incredible game so yes a sequel is exciting news

I'm pretty sure my house would look like Wellington's laptop if I ever played this game. All I hear about is how insanely hard it is. No desire to be so frustrated by a game that I'd want to tip my entire house over.

Greg

Weird that they would release an EP with an album hitting early next year. I've listened to some of their older stuff a little but not enough to know if I really like it. I would say more but typing on this stupid iPhone is too annoying, haha.
Ah, I can't stand typing without a physical keyboard.

They're easily one of my top 10 bands though - they've always walked the perfect line of melodic and technical throughout all of their releases. It's catchy, but has a lot of depth without crossing into the showy technical bullshit that's grating to listen to.

eznark

Banned
Really? How so? I've only heard good things about it.

As long as you have a weapon you can zoom with, you can stand behind a rock, pillar or any geometry really and clear a room. Brain dead. Story is basically Sonic fan fiction. Checkpointing is shit. Final boss is the worst quick time event ever. It's a totally rote copy of a halo game. The best part about it was a fifteen minute sequence at the end where it is pretty much the best Starfox clone ever. They should just make that game next. All starfox all the time.

I played it on Heroic. Maybe on Legendary it's bad ass bro-core to the max.

Multiplayer is fun!

beast786

from Calvin Johnson's blog:

Quote:
“Seeing comments here from the fans – having that support means a ton. I remember when I first started playing in this league, my coach Shawn J, he would tell me, ‘you should play every game like it’s your last because you never know who’s watching or what may happen.’

“One thing that touched me – he said, ‘you never know when a father might bring his son to a game that they could barely afford and it would be the only game they could come to.’ And I thought about when I was a kid. I could never go to a game. I always wanted to.

“You want to be that guy that stands out for that little kid so he has something to remember, something to hold on to. Those are some of the things that are actually motivation that I look forward to Sundays for.

“The more and more I’m here, the more and more I’m around town, I meet people. I’m doing things around Detroit and get to mingle with the fans and through my foundation we do a lot of stuff too. Those things are all great to have to get to know people. Much thanks to the fans for the support.”

eznark

Banned
I stopped watching when puddle of mudd or whatever came in but watched some footage today. Now that Levine has officially run BioShock into the ground I hope he makes another Freedom Force game!

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
If I want Dark Souls 2 I think I need to play Demon's Souls and Dark Souls 1.

I have Demon's Souls but haven't touched it yet. My brother tried to play it after he had some surgery on his knee and he got so frustrated by it.

WedgeX

Banned
from Calvin Johnson's blog:

Quote:
“Seeing comments here from the fans – having that support means a ton. I remember when I first started playing in this league, my coach Shawn J, he would tell me, ‘you should play every game like it’s your last because you never know who’s watching or what may happen.’

“One thing that touched me – he said, ‘you never know when a father might bring his son to a game that they could barely afford and it would be the only game they could come to.’ And I thought about when I was a kid. I could never go to a game. I always wanted to.

“You want to be that guy that stands out for that little kid so he has something to remember, something to hold on to. Those are some of the things that are actually motivation that I look forward to Sundays for.

“The more and more I’m here, the more and more I’m around town, I meet people. I’m doing things around Detroit and get to mingle with the fans and through my foundation we do a lot of stuff too. Those things are all great to have to get to know people. Much thanks to the fans for the support.”

Calvin is the best.

Top Bottom