• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 14 |OT| Christmas Time is Here

eznark

Banned
In all fairness , Schwartz did give us as many playoff wins as the team with the best record in NFL last year.

And was humiliated by Matt Flynn and the Packups.

Getting completely obliterated by a third string team is not something just any coach could pull off.

beast786

And was humiliated by Matt Flynn and the Packups.

Getting completely obliterated by a third string team is not something just any coach could pull off.

should have played Flynn and company in playoffs.

Getting completely obliterated by a 9-7 team , while having One of NFL best ever record of 15-1 is not something just any coach could pull off.

eznark

Banned
should have played Flynn and company in playoffs.

Getting completely obliterated by a 9-7 team , while having One of NFL best ever record of 15-1 is not something just any coach could pull off.

Amen. Harrell should be player-coach. You'll get no arguments from me. Being World Champion Super Bowl Winning World Champions the year before took a lot of the sting out of that loss though. You can relate.....oh.

squicken

8 defensive players have been fined for hits on Andrew Luck. And it's not like he's all that protected. He just gets hits so much that defenders rack up fines. People talk about RG3 needed to get down but so does Luck. There's a reason Ben never finishes seasons

MechDX

http://www.macon.com/2012/12/07/2277426/texans-wr-johnson-asks-teammates.html

HOUSTON — Andre Johnson sometimes has to tell his teammates how lucky they are to be on one of the NFL's best teams.

For years, Johnson languished on terrible Texans teams. Now, the star receiver shares stories of the tough times, a reminder to appreciate this season and keep working for more.

Johnson is the only player currently with Houston (11-1) remaining from its franchise-worst 2-14 season in 2005.

"Enjoy this part of it, because the times that I went through, that's something you don't ever want to experience," he said he tells his teammates of that season. "The season was super long. There were times I didn't want to get up and come to work. It's hard because you come in and you're working your (tail) off, and you just can't get the job done."

There were times he thought about playing elsewhere, but he forced himself to think about the big picture.

"You find out a lot about yourself, if you're going to be loyal or if you're just going to run away from it," he said. "My thing was I wanted to stay. I wanted to be a part of something special. I wanted to help this organization to where it is right now and even help it achieve more."

Dre is a straight up beast! If for no other reason the Texans need to win a Superbowl for him. He has done everything the right way and deserves it so damn much.

beast786

8 defensive players have been fined for hits on Andrew Luck. And it's not like he's all that protected. He just gets hits so much that defenders rack up fines. People talk about RG3 needed to get down but so does Luck. There's a reason Ben never finishes seasons

Luck and Ben are big guys. You regularly see players bouncing off them.

How many of those were inside the pocket I wonder? Most of the times RG3 needs to get down are when he's running up the sideline.

squicken

How many of those were inside the pocket I wonder? Most of the times RG3 needs to get down are when he's running up the sideline.

Outside the pocket but still looking to throw, so still protected as a QB. But yeah the hits are different in that RG3 takes his big shots as a runner. But on those last two drives it seemed Luck went down every play. The Brazille TD was especially dangerous. I'll see if the Rewind Shows it in full

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet

Maybe Arians should stop calling 50+ pass plays every game.

squicken

Maybe Arians should stop calling 50+ pass plays every game.

It's forgivable a little in the DET game. They were down all game (b/c Luck kept throwing INTs). It actually worked to their advantage by the end. Fairley committed a desperate horse collar he didn't need to make, then had to go off the field b/c he was so tired. On the Brazill TD they had an angle on him but missed. He literally worse their D down with his scrambling. Atrocious INTs but really a great 4Q comeback

iZwzmAVSqD1ml.gif

ibuf00IG0iqw3q.gif

ibtJ7alJ3WH6HT.gif

Dre is a straight up beast! If for no other reason the Texans need to win a Superbowl for him. He has done everything the right way and deserves it so damn much.

Makes me wonder about Larry Fitzgerald... He kind of had the inverse with the Cardinals. Started out good, and has slowly regressed into mediocrity.

MechDX

Makes me wonder about Larry Fitzgerald... He kind of had the inverse with the Cardinals. Started out good, and has slowly regressed into mediocrity.

The Cards QB situation since Warner retired has been so bad. Ive always wondered with all the money that goes into scouting and research how does one stay so mediocre at such an important position.

Top Bottom