• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL WEEK 15 |OT| Everybody Stinks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Troll

Banned
Derek_Carr.jpg

Yeah and we're one of the worst teams in the NFL with him here anyway, so what does that say? I don't give a fuck at this point about what year he was born on the calendar, he's been a starting quarterback in the NFL for four years now and has not sufficiently displayed to me an ability to grow, improve, learn to read defenses, and make accurate throws. I don't want to sit here and coddle a guy through one of the most competitive sports leagues in existence, not when you see other teams finding ways to put things together. I don't want to hear it when you have teams like Seattle and Indianapolis walking out there with rookies who are already showing the same level of talent as Stafford in their first year, and with far fewer resources put into their complimentary pieces.

It's the National Football League, you either win and are good, or you lose and don't. And so far looking over the four years he's had so far, Stafford is not a winner. I refuse to crown him as the future of this franchise when he hasn't proven that ability yet.

God this is such an ignorant statement. He's having a bad year this season but the defense has been really bad late in games. He's our guy at QB not to mention the time he had some clutch come from behind victories. Whatever though I'll just let you rant about how bad you think he is since this is the internet and all.

harSon

Banned
Ben's been pretty shit with those short, all arm strength passes, thus far. That's the 2nd or 3rd time he's hit the receiver's feet. I don't think his arm strength is 100% yet

eznark

Banned
Impressive,, never heard of the guy before but he sucked it up and went from the most glamorous position in football to one of the least.

Yeah. Seems like a cool story. I'd watch that football life over the trash guys they've been putting on lately.

Ben's been pretty shit with those short, all arm strength passes, thus far. That's the 2nd or 3rd time he's hit the receiver's feet. I don't think his arm strength is 100% yet

Yep...though I don't understand how you bring in the big beef and line up tight on 3rd and 5. And have a dump off designed for Dwyer. Makes no sense.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Yeah and we're one of the worst teams in the NFL with him here anyway, so what does that say? I don't give a fuck at this point about what year he was born on the calendar, he's been a starting quarterback in the NFL for four years now and has not sufficiently displayed to me an ability to grow, improve, learn to read defenses, and make accurate throws. I don't want to sit here and coddle a guy through one of the most competitive sports leagues in existence, not when you see other teams finding ways to put things together. I don't want to hear it when you have teams like Seattle and Indianapolis walking out there with rookies who are already showing the same level of talent as Stafford in their first year, and with far fewer resources put into their complimentary pieces.

It's the National Football League, you either win and are good, or you lose and don't. And so far looking over the four years he's had so far, Stafford is not a winner. I refuse to crown him as the future of this franchise when he hasn't proven that ability yet.

I get what you're saying but like the announcer just said as I was typing this "with Matthew Stafford you're never out of the game."

Look at the WR corps his playing with right now. Calvin Johnson, garbage Mike Thomas and a guy who wasn't even in the NFL two weeks ago.

The season hasn't been as bad as our record indicates. Its been bad the last few weeks, but we've been in every single game this year. Correct some errors on special teams and a few balls go our way and we're 6-6 or 7-5 instead of 4-9.

The Titans game with the shitty special teams, the Vikings game with the special teams, the Texans game with Schwartz flag, the last two GB games, the shitty defense against the Colts final drive etc.

Most of that comes from lack of discipline and coaching, not Stafford.

Doorman

God this is such an ignorant statement. He's having a bad year this season but the defense has been really bad late in games. He's our guy at QB not to mention the time he had some clutch come from behind victories. Whatever though I'll just let you rant about how bad you think he is since this is the internet and all.

Don't misunderstand, though I'm sure the post probably comes off more hateful than I meant it to. I'm not saying that Stafford is godawful or that we should cut him or anything like that. I'm just getting tired of hearing "Oh, no, he really is going to be amazing, we promise! He's just young, he needs more time!"

I'm just trying to point out, he's had one good year. Out of four years. I still put more of the blame for our failings on the coaching staff more than the players, but my point is just that I don't think that Stafford is beyond reproach at this point. Patience only lasts so long in the NFL, for anyone, that's all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom