• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL WEEK 15 |OT| Everybody Stinks

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get what you're saying but like the announcer just said as I was typing this "with Matthew Stafford you're never out of the game."

Look at the WR corps his playing with right now. Calvin Johnson, garbage Mike Thomas and a guy who wasn't even in the NFL two weeks ago.

The season hasn't been as bad as our record indicates. Its been bad the last few weeks, but we've been in every single game this year. Correct some errors on special teams and a few balls go our way and we're 6-6 or 7-5 instead of 4-9.

The Titans game with the shitty special teams, the Vikings game with the special teams, the Texans game with Schwartz flag, the last two GB games, the shitty defense against the Colts final drive etc.

Most of that comes from lack of discipline and coaching, not Stafford.

Stafford's fumble and INT is what cost the Lions the last GB game.

harSon

Banned
Harrison was getting held like a mother fucker

edit; are you fucking kidding me

He always does. If we had John Harbaugh at head coach, we'd probably get 50 holding calls a game with the amount of bitching he does during and in between games.

Edit: That Victorian dude needs to go, he's been killing us the whole game.

jakncoke

Banned
He always does. If we had John Harbaugh at head coach, we'd probably get 50 holding calls a game with the amount of bitching he does during and in between games.

Edit: That Victorian dude needs to go, he's been killing us the whole game.

We dont got anyone else lol

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
I'm thankful for the fact that Lindley doesn't seem to throw past the first down marker on third downs. He needs to improve that.

Doorman

Look at the WR corps his playing with right now. Calvin Johnson, garbage Mike Thomas and a guy who wasn't even in the NFL two weeks ago.
Good quarterbacks in good systems can make mediocre wide receivers look good. That failure is on the injuries, yes, but I put it equally onto Stafford, Linehan, and Schwartz.

The season hasn't been as bad as our record indicates. Its been bad the last few weeks, but we've been in every single game this year. Correct some errors on special teams and a few balls go our way and we're 6-6 or 7-5 instead of 4-9.

The Titans game with the shitty special teams, the Vikings game with the special teams, the Texans game with Schwartz flag, the last two GB games, the shitty defense against the Colts final drive etc.

Most of that comes from lack of discipline and coaching, not Stafford.
The season is exactly as bad as the record indicates. That's why it's our record.
As for what else you described, the wonky errors, and "balls going our way;" isn't that exactly what happened last year? We made some miraculous comebacks, this year the comebacks have turned around on us. If you don't want to use the win-loss record as a measure of the team, then you also have to admit that many of last years' wins were as flukey as this years' losses. No fair having your cake and eating it too.

And yes, I do still agree that the bigger part of the problem lies with coaching, and not Stafford. I only knock the guy because I don't think it's fair to just assume that he's a total lock to become amazing, either.

I look forward to FMT's bitter tears and follow up paragraph when his team fumbles the division over to the seahawks.

107 points in two games thus far...... good luck SF.

jakncoke

Banned
31944220.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom