• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL WEEK 15 |OT| Everybody Stinks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, now, while it is on the banned substances list I'm not clear on why Adderall is considered a PED over something like coffee.

http://seattletimes.com/html/seahawks/2019776708_adderall28.html

The potential lure becomes obvious when Dr. Gary Wadler, past chairman of the World Anti-Doping Agency's Prohibited List Committee, begins listing off the benefits of Adderall to an athlete.

"It masks fatigue, masks pain, increases arousal — like being in The Zone," begins Wadler, currently an associate professor of medicine at Hofstra North Shore-LIJ School of Medicine, in a phone interview.

"It increases alertness, aggressiveness, attention and concentration. It improves reaction time, especially when fatigued. Some think it enhances hand-eye coordination. Some believe it increases the mental aspects of performance."

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Since when did Sanchez get the start? Thought he would be in the bench for the rest of the season after the butt-fumble game.

Bring in Tebow!

lol @ sanchito trying to grow the stash

You serious? Let him go. balll wasnt even close

E: Gruden come to Titanville. Figure out whats going wrong here.. :)

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Braylon Edwards calls the Jets front office "idiots" yet gets claimed off a waiver a few months later.

Ladies and gentleman the Woody Johnson owned New York Jets!

But also allows players to claim whatever they want with regard to drug violations and not be contested. Seems kinda broke.

the nfl just doesn't comment publicly on whatever the specific violation was. the players recently all claim it was adderall because most people don't know what adderall is and how it can benefit an athlete. "it's ADD medication!? how could that give someone a benefit! this isn't like steroids!"

NFL allows you to take it if you have a medical prescription

Yeah that is what I am saying, should other players who don't need it be allowed to take it if the ones who are perscribed it are getting an edge?

edit: this is just hypothetical, ignoring the legal implications of taking it without a prescription.

Yeah that is what I am saying, should other players who don't need it be allowed to take it if the ones who are perscribed it getting an edge?

edit: this is just hypothetical, ignoring the legal implications of taking it without a prescription.

i personally don't think anyone in the NFL should be able to take it, prescription or otherwise. would the NFL let someone with a medical marijuana card smoke pot? no

brentech

looking over the MNF schedule for all of 2012 and 2011 seasons....got damn. ESPN needs to throw some more money at the NFL. Most of the match ups regardless of current standings, don't even sound interesting on paper.

bluemax

Banned
i personally don't think anyone in the NFL should be able to take it, prescription or otherwise. would the NFL let someone with a medical marijuana card smoke pot? no

Personally I don't think the NFL should allow any player with contacts. Fuck them and their inferior eyesight! Contacts are unnatural!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom