• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL WEEK 15 |OT| Everybody Stinks

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with James Walker's response to McShay's first mock draft pick for the Dolphins over on the AFC East blog on ESPN:

Miami Dolphins (5-8)

Current draft slot: No. 12

Needs: WR, CB, TE

McShay’s pick: Dion Jordan, DE, Oregon

Analysis: I totally disagree with McShay on this pick. Dolphins defensive end Cameron Wake is playing at a Pro Bowl level and the other spot has depth with starter Jared Odrick and a fast-rising Olivier Vernon. Adding another defensive end would be a bone-headed move by Dolphins general manager Jeff Ireland. Miami has plenty of other needs to address, such as getting rookie quarterback Ryan Tannehill better receivers and tight ends. If Miami goes defense in the first round, adding a cornerback should be the priority and not defensive end.
WR has to be the number one priority for this team in the off season.

squicken

ifoclz0MRY6Qz.jpg

Bowser

OT but I find it slightly humorous that Google's Maps app for iOS is admittedly better than even its own Android offerings

Talon

The Google Voice Search is most certainly awesome.

I really can't stand the icon of the Google Maps logo. Why can't they just use the trifold favicon they use on their website. :(

Marshall going all Texans on our asses (sorry if posted already)

Lake Forest, Ill. - Clutching a small Christmas tree, Brandon Marshall turned a corner and walked to the podium. The Charlie Brown theme song played from the tree, which had a small picture of the Lombardi Trophy at its base. Marshall was beaming, full of holiday cheer.

The Chicago Bears wide receiver explained the metaphor. All of the Bears' goals, he says, are still in reach.

Then, Marshall let the Green Bay Packers know how he feels.

"I've had this game marked since we played them last," Marshall said. "I heard exactly, what's the corner - 'Tray-mon?' - I heard exactly what he was saying after the game. (Charles) Woodson, those guys, they do a lot of talking so this is personal for me. We all know the rivalry. We all know what's at stake. I'm going to play it like it's my last game."

Ah, yes, Packers-Bears. On Wednesday, Marshall drew first blood.

For 23 minutes at Halas Hall, Marshall voiced his resentment with any player on the Packers defense taking credit for his lackluster game at Lambeau Field. He dared Green Bay to match a cornerback on him in single coverage. He took shots at Woodson. And above all, he labeled Sunday's NFC North showdown at Soldier Field "the biggest game of my career."

On Wednesday, Marshall took aim at Green Bay's defensive backs, unhappy that any of them would take credit. He called defensive coordinator Dom Capers the Packers' "player MVP."

"For their players to be over there talking about how awesome of a job they are shutting down certain players," Marshall said, "you know, I don't respect that when two or three guys are on you or other guys. So coach Capers did a great job of game-planning us and game-planning me. I didn't beat double- or triple-coverage or whatever they were throwing at us."

"I take it as a slap in my face when guys talk about my lack of ability to do something against them when they have help all over the place. So I'm looking forward to one-on-one coverage. Hopefully those guys in games like this may go to their coach and say, 'Let me have him. I want Brandon Marshall. I want to stop Brandon Marshall. Let me have him one-on-one press coverage.' Let's see what happens."

When asked if that'd be a smart idea for the Packers to isolate a cornerback on him in man coverage, Marshall didn't have an answer but added "the way some people talk, it's like they did that." He also said the Packers' cornerbacks are "not physical at all." Which comments particularly set Marshall off?

"I'm not sure," he said. "You'll have to go on Google or something."

Marshall admitted he approached that September meeting "like any old game." His emotions are different this time around.

"I don't like the Green Bay Packers," Marshall said. "I'm not going to use the word hate. But I really dislike the Green Bay Packers and their players. But the talk has to back it up. We'll go out there and do everything we need to do to get a win. . . . I've never felt this strong in sports versus any team or any players. I'm going to play like it's my last game."

Marshall121212.jpg

At least he's right; this will probably be the biggest game of his career as long as he continues to hang with Cutty.

Tonights thread will be the deadest ever for a Thursday game I would guess. Most of Eagles GAF seems to have stop posting in these threads, and outside of EZ there are not many members of Bengals GAF.

Tonights thread will be the deadest ever for a Thursday game I would guess. Most of Eagles GAF seems to have stop posting in these threads, and outside of EZ there are not many members of Bengals GAF.
It'll take a monumental effort to topple the current bearer of that crown --- Bills/Dolphins.

squicken

ez is 80% packers 19% russell 1% bungles

and i think you underestimate how many will show up to point and laugh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom