• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL WEEK 15 |OT| Everybody Stinks

Status
Not open for further replies.

bionic77

No, go Eagles!!
I also want this.

We all want a healthy Pittsburgh in the playoffs as the 6 seed. No one wants to see the Bungles get blown out and go one and done. Even when the Steelers lose it is always entertaining (see last year).

Truthfully I have my doubts about what we will be able to field in the playoffs. Too many injuries at the wrong time of the season. We may not be this years 6 seed champs, but then again that is what we always say about the eventual SB champs this time of the year...

squicken

I also want this.

We all want a healthy Pittsburgh in the playoffs as the 6 seed. No one wants to see the Bungles get blown out and go one and done. Even when the Steelers lose it is always entertaining (see last year).

Truthfully I have my doubts about what we will be able to field in the playoffs. Too many injuries at the wrong time of the season. We may not be this years 6 seed champs, but then again that is what we always say about the eventual SB champs this time of the year...

The problem with the 6th seed champion track is that one little slip can keep you out of the playoffs. Giants should win the SB, but it's not impossible they miss the playoffs despite being the best team in the league

edit: dumb list. maybe biggest busts, but not worst. david carr is better than every QB Arizona has put on the field since Kurt Warner.

MechDX

How realistic are we talking here?

They have a cakewalk schedule compared to every other AFC team. To the Jets its Murderers Row.

Complex has a 50 worst QB's in NFL History article. Some light reading this Thursdsday morning:

http://www.complex.com/sports/2012/09/the-50-worst-nfl-quarterbacks-of-all-time/#gallery

5. David Carr
4. Akili Smith
3. Jack Trudeau
2. Ryan Leaf
1. Jamarcus Russell

But David Carr has a Superbowl ring. :jnc

Brinbe

Tonights thread will be the deadest ever for a Thursday game I would guess. Most of Eagles GAF seems to have stop posting in these threads, and outside of EZ there are not many members of Bengals GAF.

I'll be here! Excited to see how Foles will do against a decent D. Should be a good game.

I'll be here! Excited to see how Foles will do against a decent D. Should be a good game.

Yeah this will be the first good D he faces, it has been Skins, Panthers, Cowboys, and Bucs and all those teams have terrible defenses. Bengals get a ton of sacks and have been forcing a lot of turnovers lately. I watched some Geno Atkins highlights today, god damn he is a beast. He is going to destroy the middle of the Eagles OL.

ewSUo.gif

Problem is, aside from all the injuries, the Steelers have too many lazies or quitters, like Wallace and Mendenhall. I think there was something to the argument about losing leadership when Farrior and Ward were tossed to the old man's home. Nobody has really taken up the slack in that department. I think if the Steelers get in, it's only cause they backed in due to how bad the AFC is. Though I have a sick feeling the Bungles are taking their spot.

squicken

Carr was not that bad and was not his fault. Ponder better be top ten.

There has never been a worse collection of offensive talent and coaching than the '02 Texans. They destroyed his career before he had a chance. He quit caring as the years went on, and that is shitty given how much money he made, but is still understandable

Some Steelers stuff including Wallace talking about being booed, Ben calls the Steelers "the world's team" when asked about Romo and "America's Team" and Tomlin on Mendenhall:

http://www.post-gazette.com/stories...rstands-fans-criticisms-666077/#ixzz2Ex4ApVOm

His inability to come to contract terms with the Steelers, his long holdout, his recent comments that he sometimes lacked focus and his dropped pass of a deep ball Sunday may all have prompted the outburst by fans.

"Anything I do is going to be magnified -- good, bad, it doesn't matter," Wallace said of the attention he is getting. "I just have to do what I need to do, handle my business and don't give anybody a reason to say anything.

Roethlisberger got off a line that may light a fire under both teams' fan bases. Talking about Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo, Roethlisberger said, "He plays for 'America's Team,' right?"

He laughed, then added, "I think the Steelers are the 'World's Team.' "

Roethlisberger said he ripped into his offense at halftime of the San Diego game Sunday, when the Steelers trailed, 13-3.

"I kind of unloaded. I laid into the whole offense, not just Wallace. I think we all deserved to get booed, which I feel like we did."

"Last Sunday, he was not at the game," Tomlin said after practice. "I deemed those actions a detriment to our efforts. I stated as such when I met with him, and there were going to be repercussions of it. We had a good visit, he accepted it. He looks forward to coming back and rejoining this team on Monday and being a positive contribution to our efforts the rest of the way.

bionic77

Some Steelers stuff including Wallace talking about being booed, Ben calls the Steelers "the world's team" when asked about Romo and "America's Team" and Tomlin on Mendenhall:

http://www.post-gazette.com/stories...rstands-fans-criticisms-666077/#ixzz2Ex4ApVOm
The Cowboys have been bad for awhile so it is hard to judge the two fanbases. We might suck in a few more years so it could be a more fair comparison then, but right now it is too easy to be a Steelers fan for any real comparisons to be made.

Also, fuck Wallace. Take a hike bitch and have fun making 70 million on the Raiders.

The Cowboys have been bad for awhile so it is hard to judge the two fanbases. We might suck in a few more years so it could be a more fair comparison then, but right now it is too easy to be a Steelers fan for any real comparisons to be made.

Also, fuck Wallace. Take a hike bitch and have fun making 70 million on the Raiders.

Arians will snatch Wallace up in Indy where he'll probably catch double digit TDs from Sasquatch.

As far as popularity is concerned there's no contest. Cowboys have been shit for years and they're still more popular then the Steelers, or any other team for that matter.

Giants practice update:

Patricia Traina @Patricia_Traina

Not working today: Prince, Sash, Bradshaw, & Phillips. Bradshaw is inside getting treatment. Boley, JPP & Hakeem Nicks appear to be a go.

Ralph Vacchiano @RVacchianoNYDN

WR Hakeem Nicks is practicing. He said yesterday he'd be limited.. JPP is out there too. #NYG

Bradshaw hasn't even been on the field so there's a good chance he doesn't even make the trip this weekend.

No Prince is disconcerting. If he practices even limited tomorrow there's a chance he'll be a game time decision. If not, Hosely or Rolle will play outside corner according to Coughlin.

DeaconKnowledge said:
As far as popularity is concerned there's no contest. Cowboys have been shit for years and they're still more popular then the Steelers, or any other team for that matter.
Yep. That's pretty much the reality of it.

Problem is, aside from all the injuries, the Steelers have too many lazies or quitters, like Wallace and Mendenhall. I think there was something to the argument about losing leadership when Farrior and Ward were tossed to the old man's home. Nobody has really taken up the slack in that department. I think if the Steelers get in, it's only cause they backed in due to how bad the AFC is. Though I have a sick feeling the Bungles are taking their spot.

I think Keenan Lewis has really stepped up this year. I was surprised at his progression in such a short time.

bionic77

I know that feel....but I got mine at best buy for 150 so that's my excuse. I wanted a note 2 instead but 300 is too much
I can't believe people want a Note 2.

I have no problem with Android and in fact think it is good mobile OS after ICS (it was kind of shit before that), but I would hate carrying around something that fucking big. Outside of wearing a Pats jersey this would be close behind in me pre-judging someone and tentatively putting them in the idiot or douchebag category.

DeaconKnowledge said:
Love that clip.

Never heard a throng of people go so quiet before. You could hear the sound of the ball spiking!
...and there you have why the victory formation exists the way it does today.

To expound, in that game the Eagles went at Joe's knees when he went for the kneel down which is why the Giants called a running play in that instance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom