• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL WEEK 15 |OT| Everybody Stinks

Status
Not open for further replies.

MacAttack

There is going to be nobody left in the stadium the last ten minutes of this game. Who would want to sit in the cold watching this nonsense?

our line didn't play very well and even still kap had some big plays. also threw an great bomb to moss who was being mugged for the last 20 yards of the route (wasn't called) and was almost still caught.

you say that qb's have tore up the dolphins all season well, the week before they played us they played tom brady. 24/40, 238 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT, 5.95 ypa

compare that with kap: 18/23, 185 yards, 0 td, 0 int, 8.04 ypa

so you can be "not impressed" with what kap did, but he played a pretty good game. if that perfect pass to moss is hauled in, he ends 19/23 for about 245 yards. but it is what it is. he did what it took to win the game. if he has a game where he needs to put the ball up 40 times like other QB's then maybe he'll impress you with some yardage or something
The line played well, Cameron Wake is just a really fantastic pass rusher. There are plays like that Moss play for every QB every game so it's irrelevant.

The Dolphins are 25th in the NFL in passing yards allowed --- they do not have a good secondary. They played pretty well against Brady and he had a bad game but it's not like those numbers are typical for QB's who have played the Dolphins this year. Regardless, Kap played a good game, I agree with you. He played just like Alex Smith would have I'd imagine, with the exception of that last run.

The Niners have a great o-line, great rushing game, great front seven, and great secondary. They are a very solid team all around. The least impressive part of that team is the passing game, whether it's Kap or Smith. It's not even necessarily Kap's fault though since they don't tend to ask much of him. But the type of stuff that stands out to me is stuff like this: Niners were 2 for 10 on 3rd down conversions. Kap didn't do much to influence the game, he kind of just managed it (again, minus that last run which to me was more the play call and bad defense than anything). That's fine against a team like the Dolphins but I want to see him beat someone like the Pats before I start being impressed by the guy.

squicken

The Niners have a great o-line, great rushing game, great front seven, and great secondary. They are a very solid team all around. The least impressive part of that team is the passing game, whether it's Kap or Smith. It's not even necessarily Kap's fault though since they don't tend to ask much of him. But the type of stuff that stands out to me is stuff like this: Niners were 2 for 10 on 3rd down conversions. Kap didn't do much to influence the game, he kind of just managed it (again, minus that last run which to me was more the play call and bad defense than anything). That's fine against a team like the Dolphins but I want to see him beat someone like the Pats before I start being impressed by the guy.

Rams beat SF by 3 points, Pats beat Rams by 38. NE 51 SF 10

The line played well, Cameron Wake is just a really fantastic pass rusher. There are plays like that Moss play for every QB every game so it's irrelevant.

The Dolphins are 25th in the NFL in passing yards allowed --- they do not have a good secondary. They played pretty well against Brady and he had a bad game but it's not like those numbers are typical for QB's who have played the Dolphins this year. Regardless, Kap played a good game, I agree with you. He played just like Alex Smith would have I'd imagine, with the exception of that last run.

why would i give a shit what the dolphins did in week 1 or week 2? i provided stats that tom brady had. kaepernick had a better game against the same defense. am i saying kap is better than brady? no. but my point is it doesn't matter what your stats are or what you are ranked. you still didn't respond to brady having the game he had against the same D. how do you explain that?

and again, that was kaps 4th start. he has a lot to improve on. the 3rd downs are a concern. the sacks are a concern. but all things considered he had a pretty good game. he is still learning and i think he will be a very productive player for us.

i wouldn't expect someone to say "WOW WHAT AN INCREDIBLE GAME BY KAP!" after watching that but almost 80% completion in his 4th start and gets a 27-13 win including the game sealer on 3rd and 5? that is impressive to me. one thing i do know: the patriots sure as fuck would rather prepare for alex smith than colin kaepernick

Rams beat SF by 3 points, Pats beat Rams by 38. NE 51 SF 10
Haha, I really would like to see the Niners win but if they pull it off I'd say it'll be more because of Aldon Smith, not Kap.

On the other hand, I really just want someone in the AFC to step up (preferably anyone but the Pats) so all these NFC guys will stop acting like the AFC is the minor leagues or something.

Run that clock down baby.

Ona0b.gif

why would i give a shit what the dolphins did in week 1 or week 2? i provided stats that tom brady had. kaepernick had a better game against the same defense. am i saying kap is better than brady? no. but my point is it doesn't matter what your stats are or what you are ranked. you still didn't respond to brady having the game he had against the same D. how do you explain that?

and again, that was kaps 4th start. he has a lot to improve on. the 3rd downs are a concern. the sacks are a concern. but all things considered he had a pretty good game. he is still learning and i think he will be a very productive player for us.

i wouldn't expect someone to say "WOW WHAT AN INCREDIBLE GAME BY KAP!" after watching that but almost 80% completion in his 4th start and gets a 27-13 win including the game sealer on 3rd and 5? that is impressive to me. one thing i do know: the patriots sure as fuck would rather prepare for alex smith than colin kaepernick
Week 1 or week 2? I'm talking about the entire season, that's why I mentioned the Dolphins being 25th in passing yards allowed. And guess what, that includes the game against Brady and the game against Kap! Isn't that something. :p

Dolphins/Pats is a divisional game and those teams tend to play each other fairly close. It's not completely unusual for Brady to have a subpar game against the Dolphins and like I said the secondary actually played pretty well in that game.

As I watched the game I just never felt threatened by Kap. Nothing he did really worried me (again, minus the last run). Oh, but when the Dolphins muffed a punt and gave the Niners the ball inside the 15 he sure did look good handing the ball off to Gore for that TD! And who cares what your completion percentage is when you convert 2 third downs the entire game? So you're good at check downs?

For the most part I agree with you, though. He looks good, he's playing well. But how much is that really saying when you're playing for the team that's second in the NFL in rushing per game, rushing defense per game, and passing defense per game? I'm just not going to be a believer until I see a legitimately impressive performance against a legitimate SB contender. For now he just looks like a good game manager with some potential. And I'm not making any long-term judgments, just talking about this year specifically.

Week 1 or week 2? I'm talking about the entire season, that's why I mentioned the Dolphins being 25th in passing yard allowed. And guess what, that includes the game against Brady and the game against Kap! Isn't that something. :p

Dolphins/Pats is a divisional game and those teams tend to play each other fairly close. It's not completely unusual for Brady to have a subpar game against the Dolphins and like I said the secondary actually played pretty well in that game.

As I watched the game I just never felt threatened by Kap. Nothing he did really worried me (again, minus the last run). Oh, but when the Dolphins muffed a punt and gave the Niners the ball inside the 15 he sure did look good handing the ball off to Gore for that TD! And who cares what your completion percentage is when you convert 2 third downs the entire game? So you're good at check downs?

For the most part I agree with you, though. He looks good, he's playing well. But how much is that really saying when you're playing for the team that's second in the NFL in rushing per game, rushing defense per game, and passing defense per game? I'm just not going to be a believer until I see a legitimately impressive performance against a legitimate SB contender. For now he just looks like a good game manager with some potential.

even if he plays lights out against the patriots you shouldn't be a believer. a good game doesn't make someone legit. we wont know what kap truly is for sometime. but i can't complain too much about him. he is playing within the system. he is a threat to run and isn't afraid to go down field. he has better YPA than alex smith and is keeping his completion % high. you say all check downs but 8 YPA is a bit more than just constantly checking the ball down.

and on that final 3rd down TD run, if we have alex smith we are punting that ball back to you with 2 mins and a chance to tie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom