• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL WEEK 15 |OT| Everybody Stinks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Patriots lost their 3 games by a grand total of 4 points, wanna talk about that?

No of course not. People talk about close wins like they are a negative or something, without ever mentioning close losses. It just seems really silly to me. If the Eagles can go 19-0 and outscore their opponents by 19 points I would be perfectly happy with that.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Close wins can be a great sign of strength, depending on the opponent and circumstances. The opposite can be said of close losses.

"Time is now" to move up and draft a young QB says Buddy Nix:

http://blogs.buffalonews.com/press-...now-for-bills-to-trade-up-and-draft-a-qb.html

"Let me say this: I think there's a time that in the era that you're in and the development of your team, there's a time when you can move up a round to take a quarterback," Nix said. "And I think the time's now for us.

"I mean, if a guy's there -- I keep saying that, and there'll be one out there -- if the guy's there, then I think we'll target -- as I've said before -- drafting a good quarterback. We need a good, young quarterback, and we're going to do our best to get him."

So is Geno pretty much a lock for the Chiefs? I guess that means best case for Buffalo would be Barkley, right? Wouldn't that be amazing, Sanchez and Sanchez 2.0 playing in the same division!

It definitely sounds like Geno is a lock for the Chiefs. I hope so much that the EAgles get the 2nd pick and get to fleece the Bills for Barkley.

Brian Urlacher thinks the Packers are better off without Finley.

"Just like a couple of years ago, I think, he tore his ACL and the Packers were actually better without him. You know, they won the Super Bowl," Urlacher told SiriusXM NFL Radio today. " I hope we can duplicate that as well because it won't hurt my feelings if we go on and win the Super Bowl without me like they did without him.

"People can say what they want. It feels like I deal with something like this every year. Someone's always saying something about me."

Urlacher said his feelings aren't hurt when others talk about him. But he does get upset when his teammates are talked about.

"That pisses me off," Urlacher told SiriusXM. "It's like your kids. It's OK to be talking about me or whatever but don't talk about my kids or my family.

"I can deal with the criticism of myself. I get mad when people talk about my teammates."

I like Urlacher.

Bowser

Cam at practice before the Falcons game:

148289_3954725546459_1900182206_n.jpg

I dont want him at all. I want the Eagles to get the pick and trade it to the Bills for a bunch of other picks. I have no doubt at all that he will be a bust just like Sanchez.

Naah Yankee is saying with the #2 pick the Eagles would probably get a bounty of draft picks from the foolish Bills to swap places to draft Barkley.
Ah, that makes much more sense. :)

Don't know what I was thinking, the Eagles have Foles. I guess my coffee isn't working this morning (or maybe I'm just dumb, haha).

Ah, that makes much more sense. :)

Don't know what I was thinking, the Eagles have Foles. I guess my coffee isn't working this morning (or maybe I'm just dumb, haha).

Oh I am 100% off the Foles train as well. He was horrible last night. First time he faced an NFL defense and he couldnt do anything. The Eagles D played great for 3 quarters but they just wore out from being on the field all game. The Eagles QB situation is so dire I almost think they should bring Vick back for another year, just to not waste another year of DJax and Maclins prime. Maybe with a healthy OL and a few defensive additions they could win 10 games and go out in the first round. I doubt it but it would still probably be better then watching Foles lose 12 games next year.

Oh I am 100% off the Foles train as well. He was horrible last night. First time he faced an NFL defense and he couldnt do anything. The Eagles D played great for 3 quarters but they just wore out from being on the field all game. The Eagles QB situation is so dire I almost think they should bring Vick back for another year, just to not waste another year of DJax and Maclins prime. Maybe with a healthy OL and a few defensive additions they could win 10 games and go out in the first round. I doubt it but it would still probably be better then watching Foles lose 12 games next year.
I didn't watch most of the game last night but don't you think it's a little early to pass a long-term judgement on the guy? He's made some dumb mistakes but he's also shown some decent potential at times, I'd like to see him play for at least another half year or so before I reached any big conclusions. Heck, I'll give Tannehill the entirety of next season at least before I firmly come down on one side of the fence or the other.

Manziel seems like he'd be loved in Philly.

Just use this draft to fix your offensive line.

Dennis Kelley has been a revelation at T. Next year Peters and Kelce will be back, and Herremans will go back to his natural position of guard. I think the Eagles will grab a guard in the draft, either to replace Mathis at some point or for depth in case Watkins has to retire. Really though the OL should be a real strength next year if the injured guys can come healthy.

I didn't watch most of the game last night but don't you think it's a little early to pass a long-term judgement on the guy? He's made some dumb mistakes but he's also shown some decent potential at times, I'd like to see him play for at least another half year or so before I reached any big conclusions. Heck, I'll give Tannehill the entirety of next season at least before I firmly come down on one side of the fence or the other.

I get what you are saying but I dont want to waste another year when he has shown way more bad then good. There was a lot of talk about his arm strength but his balls float so much, he forces throws all the time, he makes terrible decisions. He can still turn it around but I will be surprised if he becomes great now. If there was a QB in the draft worth taking I would take him in a second.

Dennis Kelley has been a revelation at T. Next year Peters and Kelce will be back, and Herremans will go back to his natural position of guard. I think the Eagles will grab a guard in the draft, either to replace Mathis at some point or for depth in case Watkins has to retire. Really though the OL should be a real strength next year if the injured guys can come healthy.

So there's not a good chance you guys would take Joeckel? I was cursing that the Eagles blew the game because I felt they are the only team remotely likely to take him before we pick. Need Philly to win just one more. If they do and this week against WASH is probably their last chance, we will likely pick third as I expect Oakland to beat KC.

I get what you are saying but I dont want to waste another year when he has shown way more bad then good. There was a lot of talk about his arm strength but his balls float so much, he forces throws all the time, he makes terrible decisions. He an still turn it around but I will be surprised if he becomes great now. If there was a QB in the drafy worth taking I would take him in a second.

How many games does it take to evaluate a quarterback? I think People give these guys too much rope. Largely, either a guy has it or he doesn't.

Nick Foles looks serviceable, but I don't think we'll be seeing him starting a Super Bowl any time soon.

brentech

I get what you are saying but I dont want to waste another year when he has shown way more bad then good. There was a lot of talk about his arm strength but his balls float so much, he forces throws all the time, he makes terrible decisions. He an still turn it around but I will be surprised if he becomes great now. If there was a QB in the drafy worth taking I would take him in a second.
Is that supposed to be different than Vick's entire career?

Why waste time on a known commodity when you can let another develop a bit and see if he improves. If not, cut the cord, but what have they got to lose at this point.
If they don't Draft someone to throw into the mix, go with the younger guy that isn't made of glass

Yeah, I hear ya. Just looking at his stats (which obviously don't tell the whole story, admittedly) he looks alright for a rookie, 6 games played with 5 TD's and 4 INT's, averaging 226 yards a game. The fumbles (4) and completion percentage (59.4) aren't too pretty, though. I just think it's hard to make any kind of definitive statement at this point, especially given the current o-line situation going on there.

How many games does it take to evaluate a quarterback? I think People give these guys too much rope. Largely, either a guy has it or he doesn't.

Nick Foles looks serviceable, but I don't think we'll be seeing him starting a Super Bowl any time soon.
You're probably right about Foles (since we won't see the vast majority of QB's starting in a SB any time soon) but I just think it's hard to say right now. Check out Eli's stats his rookie year.

So there's not a good chance you guys would take Joeckel? I was cursing that the Eagles blew the game because I felt they are the only team remotely likely to take him before we pick. Need Philly to win just one more. If they do and this week against WASH is probably their last chance, we will likely pick third as I expect Oakland to beat KC.

It is hard to say if they would take a T but Kelley hasnt given up a sack, and has only allowed 6 pressures since switch from guard to T. The coaches have been raving about him, not that it will matter since they will all be gone. I could see a new coach wanting to get a big time T, but I definitely think they have way more pressing needs. They should trade down in the first and grab the best safety available.

Brentech I get what you are saying but I think the odds of the Eagles some how catching lightning next year is better then the odds of Foles amounting to anything more then average. This is called bionics law, some guys have it, and it is clear right away, and some guys dont. Foles is going to wind up in the latter group.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Foles is going to be in the NFL for a long, long time. As a backup. He has the tools and the ability to quarterback, but he doesn't have any special qualities that I can see. Just solid. Steelers will trade Rashard Mendenhall for him. Sound good, yankee?

Foles is going to be in the NFL for a long, long time. As a backup. He has the tools and the ability to quarterback, but he doesn't have any special qualities that I can see. Just solid. Steelers will trade Rashard Mendenhall for him. Sound good, yankee?

RB is the one position we are stacked at. You got a young safety that can move at all? He only has to be better then Kurt Coleman.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I am afraid of this game Sunday. The Giants are getting too much respect in the media. They need the patented "Nobody respects us!!!" to actually motivate them, making the playoffs, winning a championship... not enough motivation. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom