• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL WEEK 15 |OT| Everybody Stinks

Status
Not open for further replies.
even if he plays lights out against the patriots you shouldn't be a believer. a good game doesn't make someone legit. we wont know what kap truly is for sometime. but i can't complain too much about him. he is playing within the system. he is a threat to run and isn't afraid to go down field. he has better YPA than alex smith and is keeping his completion % high. you say all check downs but 8 YPA is a bit more than just constantly checking the ball down.

and on that final 3rd down TD run, if we have alex smith we are punting that ball back to you with 2 mins and a chance to tie
I agree with you, man. You missed the last line I edited in as well which address the stuff about making an early judgment on him. I'm just talking about how he affects the Niners chances this year.

Don't get me wrong, I like the guy. I hope he works out for the Niners and turns into a solid QB. I guess I'm just so used to seeing guys tear up the Dolphins secondary (Andrew Luck comes to mind) that when I see a guy pass for no TDs and less than 200 yards it just doesn't look very impressive to me.

I want to see how he reacts when he's in a tough game with a guy like Brady and the game is on the line.

No losing season!

YES
YES
YES

That's a rare thing for Bengals fans, although not in the last 10 years. Really, things have been okay recently. Mediocre at worst.

Also, Vas' Curse is not Eagles proof. They're more cursed than I.

Thought there was some bizarre scenario involving a bengals/steelers tie that would allow it. No idea where i got that from though.

No, the Bengal/Steeler tie would eliminate the Ravens if the Ravens tank and finish 9-7 and the Steelers and Bengals finish 9-6-1. That's the only way both the Bengals and Steelers could get in, but you'd have a better chance of winning the lottery and then getting struck by lightning.

Deadbeat

Banned
Steelers gonna lose to the Cowboys.
They better not forget their bee mushrooms.
Pv9aU.png

Narag

No, the Bengal/Steeler tie would eliminate the Ravens if the Ravens tank and finish 9-7 and the Steelers and Bengals finish 9-6-1. That's the only way both the Bengals and Steelers could get in, but you'd have a better chance of winning the lottery and then getting struck by lightning.

Ah, thanks. I knew I wasn't crazy.

WedgeX

Banned
ESPN really got screwed by the NFL. NBC is now the king of primetime football. Monday Night Football and Thursday Night Football are sideshows. They don't even compare with the Sunday 1 and 4PM games.

I'd say that I miss classic MNF, but fuck having to have ESPN to watch it. Bring it back to ABC and we'll talk about my outrage, ESPN.

ESPN really got screwed by the NFL. NBC is now the king of primetime football. Monday Night Football and Thursday Night Football are sideshows. They don't even compare with the Sunday 1 and 4PM games.

But that was more Disney's doing by moving MNF from ABC to ESPN. That pretty much sealed their fate in terms of getting better matchups.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex

Narag

My guess would be that MNF would still bring in the viewers on ESPN and left ABC to get the other markets with reality tv and dramas.

They rebranded ABC Sports to something ESPN related and I'd imagine MNF on ESPN helps them leverage higher fees by cable providers out of fear of them losing customers if they didn't have ESPN available.

Please dont give them ratings. Rob Parker is a vile "human being", and I rarely use that term.

He said some despicable shit about Kirk Cousins, RG3s backup, when he was at MSU as well.

Yeah Parker is a scumbag. I just wanted to hear what Stephen A was about to say at the end of that clip.

I actually like Stephen A and Skip. Skip was the only one with the balls to say Jeter's resurgence last year might mean he was juicing, he hit double the homers of the previous year. I wouldn't be surprised at all if he was on HGH or something. The fact he's not buff is irrelevant as many of these steroids are more about recovery than bulking up.

Stephen A is just fun to listen to. His delivery is addictive. It's hard to change the channel when he starts talking.

That's a good point. What was Disney's rationale for this? Propping up ESPN?

My thinking is that they were more worried about ABC. I think they tired of it cutting into their primetime show slots and there was pressure to start the games before 9 which would've made it worse.

jman2050

Just think, the Eagles could easily have only 1 or 2 wins if their close wins went the other way. If only Tynes had made that kick...

squicken

That's a good point. What was Disney's rationale for this? Propping up ESPN?

Sunday night used to be on cable TV, most recently ESPN, while MNF was on ABC. The networks get better rating on Sunday night than any other night, so the league decided to sell the Sunday Night game as its flagship package, essentially replacing MNF in that regard. NBC bought the rights and ESPN bought MNF. It's easier to think of it as MNF switching places with SNF

And ESPN tried to buy both packages, but the NFL (and all sports leagues) fear they have too much power. They are trying to prop up FOX, NBC and CBS' cable channels, so they in the future can bid against ESPN. The NFL doesn't want to air games on NFLN on Thursdays, but they really don't want to sell the package to ESPN. They want more competition amongst the bidders to get a better price

Rupert Murdoch once offered the NFL twice what they were getting from all their deals for 100% exclusivity on NFL games.

Just think, the Eagles could easily have only 1 or 2 wins if their close wins went the other way. If only Tynes had made that kick...

..& those other losses before they fired Castillo could have gone the other way & they would have been 7 & 1.
They lost like what 4 or 5 of their staring offensive lineup & in response Andy Reid decides to fire the Defensive coach. They then proceed to lose big instead of having close games.

Narag

..& those other losses before they fired Castillo could have gone the other way & they would have been 7 & 1.
They lost like what 4 or 5 of their staring offensive lineup & in response Andy Reid decides to fire the Defensive coach. They then proceed to lose big instead of having close games.

Firing Castillo seemed like such a good way to lose the team.

Striker

Beat all three: Browns, Ravens, and Giants by a total of four points.

Their other win was in a nail biter vs. Tampa.

Beat all three: Browns, Ravens, and Giants by a total of four points.

Their other win was in a nail biter vs. Tampa.

And they lost really close games to early. Some times teams win close games and some times they lose close games. It is so odd that people only ever focus on the close wins though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom