• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL WEEK 15 |OT| Everybody Stinks

Status
Not open for further replies.
untitled-22jfolj.gif

cajunator

Banned
Phil Emery should give Sean Payton what he wants and pay him what he wants. He turned Brees from an interception machine into a great QB. Brees sucks again without him. Bears need an offensive leader at head coach.

Don't care if Payton is a cheating ass. He gets results and knows how to call an offensive game.

Say what?
His down years are better than some QBs best years. He has 35 TDs this year including this game. Yeah hes thrown a lot of picks, but he always takes downfield risks. Its a very risky sort of offense in general. Either its a big play or a possible turnover. Watch some of the passes this offense requires him to make. Not the easiest plays. A lot of it has to do with how the Oline holds up, and it has broken down in very bad situations. Brees is still plenty good without Payton, but its obvious that he's even better with his guidance, and Paytons calls keep WRs much more open and in better positions against coverage.

KingGondo

Banned
If he wins 2 more games, their will be a hard argument to keep him. I'm not personally for him. And I also think he's horrible at giving speeches and motivating. Surprising some Browns fans are starting to like Shurmer now of the 3 game win streak, even if we did only beat bad teams
The only question we should be asking is if there are better coaches out there, which there undoubtedly are.

The entire season has to be taken into context. Lost lots of close games, won some close games, but Shurmur's risk-averse style has kept games closer than they should be.

Defense is close to being dominant, but the new coach needs to open up the offense and put their guys (especially Weeden) in position to succeed.

One more good draft and a new coach could get this team into the playoff hunt next season.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
I'm not sure if this is just the Giants sucking today or us finally living up to our potential.

Either way, home field advantage is huge for us.

Adrian Peterson is the greatest thing about the NFL this year. With my own team sucking I'm finding joy in watching the Vikings every week, even though the rest of that team sucks too. It's like he's conquering his opponents and the ineptitude of his own team at the same time.

edit - trent richardson is a beast on the goal line. reminds me of MJD

Striker

I'm not sure if this is just the Giants sucking today or us finally living up to our potential.

Either way, home field advantage is huge for us.
They got spanked by Cincinnati too.

It's a jekyll and hyde team.

Look good vs. Green Bay, sloppy as hell versus Washington, good vs. New Orleans, and here you are again looking like a bad team. It's inconsistent to a tee. They do need new guys on the OL and DL though, badly. Too many guys not pulling their weight and others who are just finished physically (Diehl, Tuck).

The only question we should be asking is if there are better coaches out there, which there undoubtedly are.

The entire season has to be taken into context. Lost lots of close games, won some close games, but Shurmur's risk-averse style has kept games closer than they should be.

Defense is close to being dominant, but the new coach needs to open up the offense and put their guys (especially Weeden) in position to succeed.

One more good draft and a new coach could get this team into the playoff hunt next season.
Like I said I'm not a Shurmer fan, I have a list of coaches I'd like. I'm just saying Many browns fans are riding this win streak high and not looking at the big picture. I was gonna add more but I forget what, because I'm drinking right Now....

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
If he wins 2 more games, their will be a hard argument to keep him. I'm not personally for him. And I also think he's horrible at giving speeches and motivating. Surprising some Browns fans are starting to like Shurmer now of the 3 game win streak, even if we did only beat bad teams

I think it's a combo deal. Shurmur only ends up staying if Heckert stays and vice versa.

Pretty much how I feel. I was saying it since the start of the season this team is succeeding a lot despite Shurmur. He's only the last few weeks slightly played less scared but he quickly goes back to it when in a pinch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom