• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 16 |OT| The Comeback is Bigger than the Win

eznark

Banned
You'd think the greatest receiver in football history would be able to beat a double team, especially when it's done by members of the worst defense in the history of the sport.

Packers-Age - is there really still a revenge factor if the Hawks play the Packers in the playoffs? Or is that probably just a fan thing?

To Rodgers, everything is a slight that he remembers for all times. He is going to be fucking furious when they play again.

No one else gives a shit.

Alright new week, I think I can post without having a meltdown. P2 is now tied for second most interceptions in the league for this season at 7. But but FMT said he was garbage.

Oh yeah, Cards D has the most interceptions in the league at 22? I think it was :D

MechDX

Go Texans!

never ever posting again in the OT or gaming forum. This place is not the same.

Here is a summary of what you missed here:

coltsnose.gif

beast786

Megatron doesn't suck. He's an amazing player and sadly another great that will waste away in DET. I just said the offense is the worst of the so called "prolific" offenses in the league. And let's not act like you had scrub WRs all year. For 2/3 of the season they had good health, and Titus Young losing his mind isn't bad luck, it's bad drafting and coaching

Agree on that.

Nate broke his leg in week 7, Young has been an issue since week 1, which included getting sent home with fight against Delmas. He has been out for before the Green bay game.

No offense can take that hit. It is not a coincident that we lost 6 straight since those injuries starts building up. Add Broyels and Brandon P also to the list.

Regardless, this has not been a good year for stafford. But, he is still young and even in his bad day he is still better than cutler best year.

eznark

Banned
Yeah, he seemed pretty pissed.

Agree on that.

Nate broke his leg in week 7, Young has been an issue since week 1, which included getting sent home with fight against Delmas. He has been out for before the Green bay game.

No offense can take that hit. It is not a coincident that we lost 6 straight since those injuries starts building up. Add Broyels and Brandon P also to the list.

Regardless, this has not been a good year for stafford. But, he is still young and even in his bad day he is still better than cutler best year.

They were 2-4 going in to week seven. But please, keep blaming injuries! Losing their top two wide receivers, their top two running backs and two offensive linemen has definitely ended the Packers season.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
My brother

You missed the saltiness of Knicks age last night

I missed way too much. Knicks will never beat the Rockets... fact. We own that shitty franchise.

Absurd to be banned for a week when I could see the Man of Steel thread still and was watching others post the same shit later on lol but no mod was in the thread any longer. Ive seen far worse shit posted on this forum and nothing is done.

Mech, I totally caught that during the game and was disgusted lol Texans still frauds!

jmdajr, I said GAF doesn't like movies. I should have been more specific and said the actual people I was talking about (its the same three elitist dicks... DM knows who they are), that was my fault, but a week ban and no warning... come on now.

Ezio

Saturday
Falcons at Lions

Sunday
Raiders at Panthers
Bills at Dolphins
Bengals at Steelers
Patriots at Jaguars
Colts at Chiefs
Saints at Cowboys
Redskins at Eagles
Rams at Buccaneers
Chargers at Jets
Titans at Packers
Vikings at Texans
Browns at Broncos
Bears at Cardinals
Giants at Ravens
49ers at Seahawks

jmdajr

jmdajr, I said GAF doesn't like movies. I should have been more specific and said the actual people I was talking about (its the same three elitist dicks... DM knows who they are), that was my fault, but a week ban and no warning... come on now.

Shit, fucking lame. Oh well glad to have you back. Yeah that's usually how it goes.
I almost got banned the other day. Luckily after a challenge flag was thrown, followed by review.... the ban got overturned.

cdyhybrid

On the radio they presented the two likely playoff scenarios for us:

If we win the division (SF loses to Arizona after losing to us, which is unlikely), we'd play NYG at home and GB at Lambeau.

If we don't (wild card obviously), we play at Washington and at Atlanta.

I want to beat SF, but the wild card path is obviously easier. I just wish the Pats could've pulled that game out so we'd be playing for the division this weekend.

beast786

They were 2-4 going in to week seven. But please, keep blaming injuries! Losing their top two wide receivers, their top two running backs and two offensive linemen has definitely ended the Packers season.

Wait, so 2 special team TD allowed twice in Minn and Tenn was stafford and offense fault? The whole secondary all year from no names to practice squad is stafford issue.?

Last I check the packers were also 2-3 .

EDIT: i am not saying anything beyond that stafford did had a bad year but the injuries to the WR did have some impact. Still the lions SUCKS BALLZ this year.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Shit, fucking lame. Oh well glad to have you back. Yeah that's usually how it goes.
I almost got banned the other day. Luckily after a challenge flag was turned, the ban got overturned.

Thanks.

lucky you hah Honestly though the Ive been a part of GAF for so long and this is only the second time ive ever been banned. The rules around here change so much or a mod bans someone, but misses another person who posts the same thing later and its just kinda absurd at this point that I'm sticking to posting in only sports threads.

The_Darkest_Red, thanks!

squicken

Alright new week, I think I can post without having a meltdown. P2 is now tied for second most interceptions in the league for this season at 7. But but FMT said he was garbage.

Oh yeah, Cards D has the most interceptions in the league at 22? I think it was :D

2 of those are from Bustford. That's like half a real interception

eznark

Banned
Wait, so 2 special team TD allowed twice in Minn and Tenn was stafford and offense fault? The whole secondary all year from no names to practice squad is stafford issue.?

Last I check the packers were also 2-3 .

EDIT: i am not saying anything beyond that stafford did had a bad year but the injuries to the WR did have some impact. Still the lions SUCKS BALLZ this year.

Your issues are institutional, not personnel.

JCizzle

Early forecast for Sun night: wind, rain, high-30s. Going to be a repeat of the shit ball handling from last week, but will end up being 6-3 instead of in the 40s.

harSon

Banned
Keenan Lewis and Cortez Allen should be able to play corner for the Steelers Sunday, per Tomlin. Justin King was signed for depth. Van Dyke, thankfully, to IR.

I don't know what to expect from this game. I wouldn't be surprised if we don't show up and get clowned by the Bengals, nor would I be surprised if we walked into Heinz Field and styled on them. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if both teams play well in a close game, nor would I be surprised if both teams play like shit and neither team looks like they want to win.

Both the Steelers and Bengals are so polarizing, I have no clue what to expect. I'm leaning towards us getting destroyed, suffering injuries at all major positions. It'd be an appropriate way to end the season.

squicken

Don't worry, you guys will have Matt Barkley next year!

Nah they will keep him one more year. It's similar to the Jets thing. They could have traded him to CLE and got a first round pick, eaten some dead money, and drafted RG3. Now they almost have to play out the final year and build around him. Then get the replacement in 2014. Fisher has a lot of rope, but missing on Bradford looks bad

Your issues are institutional, not personnel.

Can't fire the owner, but Mayhew and Schwartz need to go. Should be an attractive job given the offensive talent there and an ownership known for patience

I said he's average, which he is. He is crabtrees bitch and always will be

cdyhybrid

Early forecast for Sun night: wind, rain, high-30s. Going to be a repeat of the shit ball handling from last week, but will end up being 6-3 instead of in the 40s.

I'm alright with that. People will bitch because they aren't used to seeing good defense though!

You know, I always had a soft spot in my heart for the Browns. I always secretly wanted them to do better.. That said, if this Lombardi stuff is true i'll have to laugh my ass off. They'll have gave up a competent GM with a clear vision to 3 massive egos who will fuck the franchise up for at least the next 5 years.

Keenan Lewis and Cortez Allen should be able to play corner for the Steelers Sunday, per Tomlin. Justin King was signed for depth. Van Dyke, thankfully, to IR.

Booger! Yay!

My heart sank when he went out injured on Sunday.

harSon

Banned
You know, I always had a soft spot in my heart for the Browns. I always secretly wanted them to do better.. That said, if this Lombardi stuff is true i'll have to laugh my ass off. They'll have gave up a competent GM with a clear vision to 3 massive egos who will fuck the franchise up for at least the next 5 years.

They're the one team in the division I don't hate. I mean, sure, I don't want them to win or succeed, but I don't actively hate them like I do the Ravens and Bengals. Probably because they always suck, are never a threat and are typically good for a free win or two a season. The second that changes though, I'll definitely up the hatred.

I don't know what to expect from this game. I wouldn't be surprised if we don't show up and get clowned by the Bengals, nor would I be surprised if we walked into Heinz Field and styled on them. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if both teams play well in a close game, nor would I be surprised if both teams play like shit and neither team looks like they want to win.

Both the Steelers and Bengals are so polarizing, I have no clue what to expect. I'm leaning towards us getting destroyed, suffering injuries at all major positions. It'd be an appropriate way to end the season.

I suspect it'll be like every other Steeler game, except the Charger one, it'll be close. But, hate to say it, I expect them to lose. Granted, Lewis teams have generally choked it away to the Steelers. But this one is different. Bengals have been clicking and winning while the Steelers have looked confused and scattered. Then again, there's always the chance that the Steelers win....and then lose to the Browns. That wouldn't shock me either.

I suspect it'll be like every other Steeler game, except the Charger one, it'll be close. But, hate to say it, I expect them to lose. Granted, Lewis teams have generally choked it away to the Steelers. But this one is different. Bengals have been clicking and winning while the Steelers have looked confused and scattered. Then again, there's always the chance that the Steelers win....and then lose to the Browns. That wouldn't shock me either.

Bengals are on a 5 game win streak. They're due for a loss.

mr2xxx

Banned
Nah they will keep him one more year. It's similar to the Jets thing. They could have traded him to CLE and got a first round pick, eaten some dead money, and drafted RG3. Now they almost have to play out the final year and build around him. Then get the replacement in 2014. Fisher has a lot of rope, but missing on Bradford looks bad

At least it seems you guys hit on early picks like Brockers and Jenkins. A couple more draft picks like that and Bradford would only need to be Alex Smith 2.0 for you guys to be competetive.

harSon

Banned
Bengals are on a 5 game win streak. They're due for a loss.

They're on a one game win streak. They lost to the Cowboys the week before last. And while the Bengals have been winning, they haven't exactly been playing sound football, especially Andy Dalton. They've been committing a crap ton of penalties, turning the ball over regularly and generally playing sloppy football. Fortunately for them, these sloppy games were against the Chargers and Eagles, and they were healthy and superior enough to overcome them.

But their late season surge definitely looks better when not under a microscope and combed for details.

Top Bottom