• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 16 |OT| The Comeback is Bigger than the Win

I agree. I'll take him over Alex Green and Ryan Grant for us.
tebow.jpg

In all seriousness though, I would actually like to see Tebow get a chance to start somewhere. Regardless of what you think about him it's hard to deny that he's at least better than some of the starters in the league right now, and at the moment he's just wasting away in NY.

It's very easy to deny this because its not true. Look at his numbers. He's trash. No other QB with those numbers would get the kind of pass Tebow gets.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
He rated Blaine Gabbert the #1 player in his draft so maybe we'll trade for him.

I'm going to be sick.

But hey on a plus Baby Back Cribbs is in the finals of the neogaf cat.gif league. I hope to win and then take my talents to the Shirtless league next year.

I've been practicing Dutch! I've been not wearing a shirt whenever possible!

Wrayfield

I'm going to be sick.

But hey on a plus Baby Back Cribbs is in the finals of the neogaf cat.gif league. I hope to win and then take my talents to the Shirtless league next year.

All you need now is an inflatable crocodile.

Mark Sanchez has gotten 4 years worth of free passes.

And people have pretty much been ripping him for 3 of those 4 years (and deservedly so) once it became apparant that he wasn't getting any better. Nobody is saying "man I really hope Mark gets another chance I think he can succeed in the right situation..." No he's trash and so is Tebow. He can't throw the fucking football!!!

I still can't believe they haven't trotted out Tebow as starter just for the attention itd bring regardless of the finances involved and his lack of talent. That goes against everything I thought I knew about the Jets.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
And people have pretty much been ripping him for 3 of those 4 years (and deservedly so) once it became apparant that he wasn't getting any better. Nobody is saying "man I really hope Mark gets another chance I think he can succeed in the right situation..." No he's trash and so is Tebow. He can't throw the fucking football!!!

Him not being able to throw the football doesn't make him worse than Sanchez.

Jets would have won that game last night with Tebow instead of Sanchez. He doesn't turn the ball over and they would have "ground and pound" (fuck that shit) more efficiently.

What was so frustrating to me about this season was fucking Rex being so adamant about Mark "being the guy". Neither Tebow nor McElroy got a fair shot. This team sadly would have probably been a playoff team with either one of those guys under center.

I don't think either of those guys are the solution but next year is going to be a wasted season anyway. Would rather see either or both of those guys back along with some new competition than I would Mark Sanchez. Fuck Sanchez.

All you need now is an inflatable crocodile.

That should be the Shirtless theme song. It would be fitting because you need to be drunk enough to take off your shirt to actually like it.

I'm going to be sick.

SHIRTLESS! SHIRTLESS! SHIRTLESS!

Maybe we have to expand to 14, but you're in!

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Petrino's a good fucking coach, an asshole but a good coach. Wilson made some poor ass decisions this year, probably trying to do too much. Outside of Hamilton he had no one, lost his entire receiving corps and Knile Davis looks like a shell of what he was.

That OL is complete dog shit, has been for his entire career, but Wilson still produced. He took an absolute beat down behind the line and yet he doesn't play scared. Hits have taken a toll though, concussion history is not what you want with a future QB.

Don't think he makes it to the third, top 2nd at worst. Should probably rewatch a few games, don't have the drive to do so, not right now anyway. Bet the scouts have a different take on Wilson, think my only worry is the hits/concussions.

Edit: Some of these personnel men rely on their size/height/weight measurables to determine selections so who the fuck knows. Anyone who watched Gabbert play knew the guy was a mess in the pocket and dropped his eyes at the first sign of trouble. Had the height/size/arm so who cares about the rest. R.Wilson had a good arm, could move and create on his own, fairly accurate, but was short. Still too early to make a judgement on Wilson, so it's too early to crow about it.

Thanks for the insight! Just didn't want to let it go unappreciated :) It's hard to evaluate a guy when you have homer radio in your ear the whole time. The only reason I wasn't sure was simply because homer radio doesn't sound that high on Wilson for the draft. But the state of Arkansas couldn't care less about the NFL so there's that.

eznark

Banned
Thanks for the insight! Just didn't want to let it go unappreciated :) It's hard to evaluate a guy when you have homer radio in your ear the whole time. The only reason I wasn't sure was simply because homer radio doesn't sound that high on Wilson for the draft. But the state of Arkansas couldn't care less about the NFL so there's that.

He was preseason #1 in a number of pre-draft's. NFL personnel don't give a shit about stats necessarily and he had some mitigating factors. I'll be pretty shocked if he drops out of the first after he wows people at the combine with his traditional QB skills. For instance, I couldn't see Denver passing on him if he is available. I think there is going to be a ton of QB value to be had in this draft because the moronic front offices are cold on the "big names" so as they fall they will push other guys down.

Teams like the Vikings, Bears, Broncos, etc. will be able to get good talent in the late first/second round should they decide to go that way.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
He was preseason #1 in a number of pre-draft's. NFL personnel don't give a shit about stats necessarily and he had some mitigating factors. I'll be pretty shocked if he drops out of the first after he wows people at the combine with his traditional QB skills. For instance, I couldn't see Denver passing on him if he is available. I think there is going to be a ton of QB value to be had in this draft because the moronic front offices are cold on the "big names" so as they fall they will push other guys down.

Teams like the Vikings, Bears, Broncos, etc. will be able to get good talent in the late first/second round should they decide to go that way.

Let's hope Chicago gives Cutler a 10 year deal. Wouldn't surprise me!

I'd also be surprised if Minnesota didn't stick with Ponder for at least one more season.

Funny how ESPN is shitting on the team they loved at the start of this season.

Isn't it great? A team that they are responsible for over hyping for years at this point, they're ragging on now. Maybe it's like when your team does bad, you hate them more than the fans of any other team? No one hates the Packers like Packer fans!

eznark

Banned
Yeah, but if they can get a guy they like late in the first then why not? They are a pretty solid team top to bottom.

Funny how ESPN is shitting on the team they loved at the start of this season.

If you are talking about the Jets, I'm pretty sure the "consensus" ESPN pre-season pick for the Jets was third in the division, so they are actually doing better!

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
Let's hope Chicago gives Cutler a 10 year deal. Wouldn't surprise me!

I'd also be surprised if Minnesota didn't stick with Ponder for at least one more season.

Isn't it great? A team that they are responsible for over hyping for years at this point, they're ragging on now. Maybe it's like when your team does bad, you hate them more than the fans of any other team? No one hates the Packers like Packer fans!

Vikings will stick with Ponder for one more year probably.

Yeah it is amazing. Just because the over hype at the start of the season with Tebow having them do amazing. Then all the Rex talk everything went better then expected. :lol they are blaming everyone besides Mark.

\

If you are talking about the Jets, I'm pretty sure the "consensus" ESPN pre-season pick for the Jets was third in the division, so they are actually doing better!

Did they really :lol.

eznark

Banned
I just told you guys that ESPN picked the Jets third. What is wrong with you???

DIVISION FINISH: 3 The Jets are a hard team to read. But I don't have a lot of confidence in their quarterback situation.
DIVISION FINISH: 3 Rex Ryan's group has gotten better on defense, but the Jets will struggle on offense no matter who is playing behind center.
DIVISION FINISH: 3 Forget about holding off Tim Tebow; Mark Sanchez needs to prove he can stay with the teams in his division.
DIVISION FINISH: 3 The Jets can ground and pound all they want. At some point, this team's fate will come back to Mark Sanchez's maturation.

No one hyped the Jets, they hyped the Tebow situation. As in, when is Sanchize going to suck so bad that Tebow gets to play.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I just told you guys that ESPN picked the Jets third. What is wrong with you???

No one hyped the Jets, they hyped the Tebow situation. As in, when is Sanchize going to suck so bad that Tebow gets to play.

Then why the hell do I see Sanchez in so many commercials all the time? Someone decided that was a good idea! If it wasn't this season, it had to be the last few ones!

Talon

You wouldn't tell by the number of hours they dedicated to Jets-Tebow programming.

I was traveling a lot over the summer and every morning when Sportscenter was on, it was SAL LIVE AT JETS TRAINING CAMP.

Apparently Tebow Time might be on the way [not that it matters...]:

Monday night's horror show has left the New York Jets with no choice but to take a long look in the mirror and re-examine their existence. Starting with the quarterback position.

Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News tweeted Tuesday that coach Rex Ryan is likely to make a switch under center in time for Sunday's game against the San Diego Chargers. Mehta didn't source his report, but he's covered the team closely all season.

The Jets are long overdue on spelling Mark Sanchez, who threw four devastating interceptions and lost a game-ending fumble in Monday night's 14-10 loss to the Tennessee Titans. Sanchez almost single-handedly pulled the plug on New York's slim playoff hopes. Ryan kept quiet about any potential changes after the game, but carried the look of a broken man.

It's not a stretch to suggest Sanchez has played his final snap as a member of the Jets. It's turned that ugly in Florham Park.

Yes, the Jets are in a pickle after furnishing Sanchez with a fat contract extension, but depending on what additional changes are made in the offseason, that might not matter to the powers that be. This team desperately requires a new approach at the quarterback position, and the re-imagining of this organization might not end there.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap10...ts-will-reportedly-make-qb-switch-vs-chargers

Him not being able to throw the football doesn't make him worse than Sanchez.

Jets would have won that game last night with Tebow instead of Sanchez. He doesn't turn the ball over and they would have "ground and pound" (fuck that shit) more efficiently.

What was so frustrating to me about this season was fucking Rex being so adamant about Mark "being the guy". Neither Tebow nor McElroy got a fair shot. This team sadly would have probably been a playoff team with either one of those guys under center.

I don't think either of those guys are the solution but next year is going to be a wasted season anyway. Would rather see either or both of those guys back along with some new competition than I would Mark Sanchez. Fuck Sanchez.

It does make him worse than Sanchez. At best they are on the same level. If you want to give Tebow any credit for last year then you have to remember Sanchez made it to 2 AFC title games. It's becoming increasingly clear that both of their team successes came in spite if them.

Tom Penny

SD blows but it's too tempting not to pick up their D against the Jets..decisions decisions. I also don't know why people are ragging on the Jets they basically met expectations. They were supposed to suck and they do.

Bowser

Why would they take Wilson? They drafted Osweiller just this year in the second round (57th overall). Can't see them drafting over him already.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
It does make him worse than Sanchez. At best they are on the same level. If you want to give Tebow any credit for last year then you have to remember Sanchez made it to 2 AFC title games. It's becoming increasingly clear that both of their team successes came in spite if them.

It doesn't.

Sanchez has 50 turnovers in the last 2 years. Tebow for all the shit he took last season, the one thing he was great at was not turning the ball over. Which is all Rex was asking for out of his QB yet he still chose Mark even though he was the fucking worst at doing -this- last year. As awful of a QB as he is thats on Rex Ryan for being a god damn idiot.

Sanchez throws the ball to guys on the other team, Tebow throws the ball into the dirt.

eznark

Banned
Why would they take Wilson? They drafted Osweiller just this year in the second round (57th overall). Can't see them drafting over him already.

Totally forgot about that. Good call.

I'm going back and looking at some other ESPN predictions for lulzorz:

Kevin Seifert said:
Bears passing offense should be explosive and for once the team won't rely totally on its defense.

John Clayton said:
Jay Cutler should throw for 4,000 yards now that he has WRs Brandon Marshall and Alshon Jeffery. The Bears' offense is loaded, which is necessary because the defense is getting older.

Pat Yasinksas said:
DIVISION FINISH: 1 Yeah, I know a lot people are looking at all of the offseason adversity and predicting a big drop-off for the Saints. I'm not one of them. This team is loaded on offense, and the defense should be better than it was the past two seasons.

Adam Schefter said:
DIVISION FINISH: 1 A real chance to become the first team to play a Super Bowl on its home field.

And just so it doesn't look like I am picking on Schefter:

DIVISION FINISH: 2 With Andrew Luck leading the way, the Colts will be better than people expect.

squicken

"Alex and I are buddies, we both got drafted in 2005 NFL Draft, and he's been through a lot," Rodgers said in an interview with NFL Total Access. "I can't imagine to have to go through that many offensive coordinators, and the turnover in coaches has been tough for him."

But as Rodgers noted, as good as Kaepernick has been, Smith deserves a starting spot somewhere:

"He comes in, he's 70 percent completion, he's 100-plus quarterback rating last year, he's like barely over 1 percent interception percentage," Rodgers said. "He's a great quarterback. He just needs to go somewhere he gets appreciated for the skills he has and hopefully he gets a chance next year."

Could be a solid backup in GB

Not a Jellyfish

but I am a sheep
Astounding that Sanchez has never completed 57% or more of his passes in a season. In this era of the NFL.

Eh not really astounding, watching every Jet game of his career he looks like dog shit all game accept maybe two to three series a game.

Even one of those "good" one ends with a INT in the redzone.

My money is on the Jets or Chiefs. I don't think Minnesota will pay for him.

Has NFLTMV started the "oh my god Rodgers called McCarthy an idiot!!!!" headlines yet?

They never will. Once he started the discount double check the entire media market has his back till the end of time.

Top Bottom