• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 16 |OT| The Comeback is Bigger than the Win

bionic77

You're retarded. Tomlin didn't lose this game or season, injuries and boneheaded mistakes by the players did. At the most, Tomlin directly lost us one game this season.
He has made horrible decisions all year. How many times is he going to go for a 50+ FG at home with an average kicker or fuck up time management at the end of games.

I don't think he is going to ever figure that shit out.

img-thing

If I still lived in the Cincy area, I'd say Cincy/Bengals GAF should go out for post-celebratory drinks.
Make sure you invite eznark

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
ok you didn't say "most important win this year" or even the last decade. you said in their history. i know as a lions fan that is a foreign word, but a lot of teams have had success within the "history" of their franchise.

and the thing is the bengals have won the division within the past decade too and they were in the playoffs last year. lol biggest win in franchise history...

They were in the playoffs last year but failed to beat the Steelers and Ravens both times they played them last year. This is a huge mental leap for the team in the sense that they slayed a demon that was bothering them for a long time, and put them in the playoffs for the second year in a row proving last year wasn't a fluke.

History is all relative to the circumstances at the time. The Bungles SB appearances were an eternity ago and considering how the franchise has fared since SB win this is certainly one of the biggest wins in franchise history.

I'm pretty butthurt about this Steelers loss. what the hell was the offense doing the ENTIRE game?

Pulling for the 9ers for the rest of the season, love me some Frank Gore!

harSon

Banned
Well we can't blame Ben for anything. It's not allowed.

This loss is mostly on him. The taint and last minute INT were directly responsible for losing the game. Haley and the (injured) offensive line didn't help him this game though. Haley constantly put them in 3rd and long with his insistence on running the ball whenever he damn well pleased, and the line (mostly DeCastro) made sure that Ben was rarely comfortable in the pocket.

I hope we blow chunks next week to get a decent a draft position, it's honestly not a bad year to miss the playoffs and recharge the team with some much needed young talent.

They were in the playoffs last year but failed to beat the Steelers and Ravens both times they played them last year. This is a huge mental leap for the team in the sense that they slayed a demon that was bothering them for a long time, and put them in the playoffs for the second year in a row proving last year wasn't a fluke.

History is all relative to the circumstances at the time. The Bungles SB appearances were an eternity ago and considering how the franchise has fared since SB win this is certainly one of the biggest wins in franchise history.

thats fine, you can say it was a huge win or one of the top 10 biggest wins in franchise history but no where near the top considering they've made 2 superbowl runs. history isn't relative to anything. just because a team struggled the past 10 years or 20 years doesn't take away the importance of something they did further back than that.

again the lions have no history. they have been a pathetic franchise for their entire existence so of course to a lions fan "franchise defining wins" are any wins that come in the present. lions have no past.... and really no future!

effzee

You said in their history. History includes the 2 Superbowls. It's ok you didn't know. You didn't even know about their most recent success. Just own upto it and stop trying to justify it.

Talon

Man, if Andrew Luck was even marginally good looking or even just like a normal person, he'd be the most popular guy in the league.

Our team has been terrible all season so it's hard to get upset about this. No o-line, no corners, Ben too hurt, Troy is useless...the only refreshing change is a kicker we didn't run out of town.

I don't like your odds against Brady but congrats to the Bengals. AJ Green is legit.

Top Bottom