• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 16 |OT| The Comeback is Bigger than the Win

Godslay

Banned
Tebow is the highest paid player that does absolutely nothing.

His life is fine.

That will be Mark Sanchez' title next year though.

It's already Sanchez title. If anything he's the highest paid player that actively causes his team to lose. I also can't believe some of you are sympathizing Rex. He sucks, he's a DC in HC clothing.

linkboy

I don't think Rex needs to go, to be honest. I think he's been stuck with Sanchez and he knows it, so he's had to maneuver around it. If the team can get even a competent quarterback, and an OC that isn't a complete idiot with no idea how to get good play out of a QB, they could be a good team.

That's not to say Rex won't get fired anyway.

That's the exact same logic 49ers fans had when Nolan was the head coach and Smith was just as bad as Sanchez.

The 49ers didn't get their QB situation figured out until they got a coach who understood the position and knew what the fuck he was doing.

The same thing will happen to the Jets.

but didn't he chose NYJ over Jacksonville. Denver was willing to trade him to either place but gave Tebow the option to choose.

Tebow was told something that we don't know by the front office that probably swung his way to New York.

Whether or not he received that promise, only Tebow knows.

harSon

Banned
Do you ever man up or is there always a long list if excuses?

Facts are fact. I don't see the big deal in saying that we suck due to our inability to overcome injuries, especially when it's an undeniable truth. A lot of teams either have the depth, or replacement players with the will/heart to succeed but we sure as hell don't. And the result? We suck. There are other reasons, like an aging roster and bone headed mistakes, but they're secondary to our injury problem.

And you probably spend just as much time worrying about what I'm doing then I spend analyzing my own team's issues. Just sayin'

Rorschach

I like when teams use their bad offensive lines (everyone has the worst offensive line!) as an excuse or pardon of their team's mediocrity. OL is part of the team. Your team sucks.

Always and forever
I like how there's no period there. Because it's forever. That's really deep, bro.

harSon

Banned
I like when teams use their bad offensive lines (everyone has the worst offensive line!) as an excuse or pardon of their team's mediocrity. OL is part of the team. Your team sucks.

I like how there's no period there. Because it's forever. That's really deep, bro.

Who uses a bad offensive line to pardon their team's mediocrity? I've seen it used to explain a deficiency in pass coverage, subpar running game or some other quality of the offense (which are all legitimate points), but never as a means of covering the fact that the team as a whole sucks.

Who uses a bad offensive line to pardon their team's mediocrity? I've seen it used to explain a deficiency in pass coverage, subpar running game or some other quality of the offense as a whole, but never as a means of covering the fact that the team as a whole sucks.

Jets fans circa 2011.

Rorschach

Who uses a bad offensive line to pardon their team's mediocrity? I've seen it used to explain a deficiency in pass coverage, subpar running game or some other quality of the offense (which are all legitimate points), but never as a means of covering the fact that the team as a whole sucks.

Everybody but Pats fans it seems. Wait, how does it affect your pass coverage?

I meant pass blocking, and that having a direct effect on your ability to pass the ball.

you always have an excuse as to why the steelers are trash. our run blocking sucks, our pass blocking sucks, our coaches suck, our guys are injured, etc etc etc

steelers are a mediocre team, that's just who they are now. at one point, they were an upper team in the league, but no longer. meanwhile, the 49ers are elite and you'll just have to live with that harson..... you'll have to live in the bay area with that FACT!

harSon

Banned
The Harbaugh's have always been underachievers, and they will continue to be underachievers for the duration of their lives. It's in their blood. 2nd, 3rd and 4th place finishes are all they will have achieved, and it's all they ever will achieve, so enjoy falling short of the Lombardi every season!

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Flynn was high on Adderall, running up the score makes sense. Tebow would never sink to the level of a prescription grade meth addict.
Tebow is a man of the people he still buys his meth in the trailerpark

The Harbaugh's have always been underachievers, and they will continue to be underachievers for the duration of their lives. It's in their blood. 2nd, 3rd and 4th place finishes are all they will have achieved, and it's all they ever will achieve, so enjoy falling short of the Lombardi every season!

lol that's the best you've got? harbs takes a 6-10 trash team that singletary/nolan ran into the ground and took them to the NFC championship in a lockout shortened season. he is such a brilliant coach that he had a nation ask "HOW COULD YOU BENCH ALEX SMITH!?". and he is widely regarded as the greatest coach in NFL history.

the best thing is our team is setup to be a contender for a long time. what are the steelers setup for? nothing. poor draft after poor draft has left them completely unprepared for the inevitable injury (THAT EVERY TEAM HAS). your coaches have no fucking clue what they're doing. your QB is a has-been. your defense is old. you have a RB who is a member of al qaeda. you are 7-7 in one of the worst divisions in the league. i'm trying to find any bright spots for the steelers and i can't. i guess i could say i really like decastro so thumbs up there

harSon

Banned
Lol, name one thing of note that Harbaugh has done outside of settle for less than 1st place. He's the new Andy Reid. He can build up a team, but when it comes to coaching them to a Lombardi, he disappears faster than Mark Sanchez's NFL career.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Rather than go with a fake punt when up by 30, I'm going to take a page out of Tebow's playbook and forgive you, now that I know you have best friends that reside in a trailer park.
Glad to be forgiven for your tired that's racist comment

lol that's the best you've got? harbs takes a 6-10 trash team that singletary/nolan ran into the ground and took them to the NFC championship in a lockout shortened season. he is such a brilliant coach that he had a nation ask "HOW COULD YOU BENCH ALEX SMITH!?". and he is widely regarded as the greatest coach in NFL history.

the best thing is our team is setup to be a contender for a long time. what are the steelers setup for? nothing. poor draft after poor draft has left them completely unprepared for the inevitable injury (THAT EVERY TEAM HAS). your coaches have no fucking clue what they're doing. your QB is a has-been. your defense is old. you have a RB who is a member of al qaeda. you are 7-7 in one of the worst divisions in the league. i'm trying to find any bright spots for the steelers and i can't. i guess i could say i really like decastro so thumbs up there

Harbaugh took a team loaded with talent to the NFC Championship. Last season proved nothing save for how incompetent the previous coaches were.

An ape could get that team to produce.

Top Bottom