• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 16 |OT| The Comeback is Bigger than the Win

Lol, name one thing of note that Harbaugh has done outside of settle for less than 1st place. He's the new Andy Reid. He can build up a team, but when it comes to coaching them to a Lombardi, he disappears faster than Mark Sanchez's NFL career.

no, "faster than mark sanchez's career" would be losing his first playoff game..... kind of like how the steelers lost their first playoff game last year to a guy who will never start another playoff game. you are the one and only team that will ever lose to tim tebow..... a guy who the jets have been deemed to be worse than mark sanchez! lolololllllllllllllllllllll

and i don't know why you are so hostile towards harbs. it's not his fault that he set the NFL on fire and showed most other franchises (the steelers especially) that their current staff was pathetic

Neither Harbaugh built the team they coach.

i would say the vast majority of coaches in the league inherited what they have. but you are right, harbaugh didn't do anything for the team. alex smith was one of the highest rated QB's in the NFL when harbaugh got here with a high career winning %. our offensive line was one of the best in the league. navarro bowman was already starting for our team. ahmad brooks was already starting for our team. we had donte whitner and carlos rogers. tarrell brown was starting for our team. players like culliver, red beard, aldon smith and kaepernick were already on the team when harbs got here. crabtree was putting up 100+ yard games routinely before harbaugh.

so yeah, he inherited all of that. not sure why we fired singletary since he had so much success with the exact same team!

squicken

I like Fox. A lot like Fisher and Marty Schottenheimer. Biggest flaw is coaching scared in big moments. Peyton won't let Fox live like that

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
CcCMM.jpg

Late, but this is amazing. Job well done.

Godslay

Banned
I like Fox. A lot like Fisher and Marty Schottenheimer. Biggest flaw is coaching scared in big moments. Peyton won't let Fox live like that

I like Fox too. He's a good coach. The players really seem to like him, and follow his lead. To be entirely honest though, I was hoping at the time the Texans would fire Kubiak and we could grab him.

squicken

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou

Love how the logic in that piece is that the Jets won't play Tebow because they're scared he will do well.

Didn't realize that actual competent NFL quarterback play was supposed to be a thing you're supposed to fear.

Although I can understand that from Rex's point of view. He kind of needs McElroy to tank hard to even have any chance of saving his job.

eznark

Banned
This Mehta guy seems shady. Giant hit piece with old quotes and unattributed snipes. Now he posts a story that can never be verified. "Will asked to be released or traded" Of course they are going to release him, whether he asks for it or not. I've never seen a backup QB ruin a team like Tebow. He truly is amazing

Standard Florio piece.

squicken said:
This Mehta guy seems shady.
Mehta is *THE* beat writer for the Jets. He's the Jets equivalent to Vachianno or Garafolo for the Giants when he was with NJ.com. No reporter is 100% but Mehta is usually pretty good with info.

JCizzle

Man, the Hawks really have all the advantages this week.

- Home game
- Short rest for the Niners
- Niners just played a top-3 team in cold rain
- Seahawks have won the last two games by a ridiculous margin
- etc.

Niners should be loose going into their second straight games as underdogs, not sure they even stand a chance. Especially since Carroll has Harbaugh's number. I mean, if the Seahawks lose this game it would be the biggest exposure of fraud by a team in the last 5-10 years.

I mean, look at this coaching ability.

Gets the score run up on him:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WeS3VeluAmg

35d3ee.jpg

Runs the score up on someone else:
carrollbeeyah-600x337.jpg

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Man, the Hawks really have all the advantages this week.

- Home game
- Short rest for the Niners
- Niners just played a top-3 team in cold rain
- Seahawks have won the last two games by a ridiculous margin
- etc.

Niners should be loose going into their second straight games as underdogs, not sure they even stand a chance. Especially since Carroll has Harbaugh's number. I mean, if the Seahawks lose this game it would be the biggest exposure of fraud by a team in the last 5-10 years.

I mean, look at this coaching ability.

Gets the score run up on him:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WeS3VeluAmg
35d3ee.jpg

Runs the score up on someone else:
carrollbeeyah-600x337.jpg

You are pregame excuse making and then try to lick shots
lol

As a coach. He would have had Tebow for a year, but Kubiak and Peyton would be amazing imo. Obviously I didn't know at the time that we would have Peyton, but I would have still trusted Kubes to do right by the Broncos.

I would never want him as a coach, especially after this season. I get the idea that it's Phillips that runs that team.

squicken

As a coach. He would have had Tebow for a year, but Kubiak and Peyton would be amazing imo. Obviously I didn't know at the time that we would have Peyton, but I would have still trusted Kubes to do right by the Broncos.

Could have been there in HOU. The Texans chose instead to do new contracts with Arian Foster, Duane Brown, Matt Schaub, and Chris Myers. We'll see how it works out for all involved

I would never want him as a coach, especially after this season. I get the idea that it's Phillips that runs that team.

No. Wade runs the D and had heavy input on their 2011 drafted defensive players (which they crushed). but it's Gary's team

Blackace

This Mehta guy seems shady. Giant hit piece with old quotes and unattributed snipes. Now he posts a story that can never be verified. "Will asked to be released or traded" Of course they are going to release him, whether he asks for it or not. I've never seen a backup QB ruin a team like Tebow. He truly is amazing
Jim Harbaugh and Brad Johnson come to mind

The Steelers Oline hasn't even been as bad as recent years. Well, their run blocking still really blows. But the pass blocking has been competent for most games and they managed to keep Batch upright and in one piece for a win. It's been mostly everything else that's bad: WRs choking, no pass rush, questionable secondary at different times and lackluster special teams, save for Suisham, the lone bright spot. Still, none of that in my mind excuses shitty play against teams that can barely cobble together a handful of wins. That's on preparation and coaching IMO.

Kubiak and Peyton wouldn't work.

Peyton Manning is his own OC. And he's not milquetoast.

Blackace

no excuses are needed. we are the better team and will fuck the seahawks up just like we did in san fran. will wussle have more than 4 yards passing in the 2nd half this time? maybe, i can't say yet!
You just cant shut the hell up can you?

Shitting on your real HoF coach for a douche twat like Harbaugh is the funniest thing you done in awhile

No excuses at all! Even Vegas is favoring the Hawks. Look at that point differential!
Mad excuses short rest blah blah

Ended with a u mad bro

The Steelers Oline hasn't even been as bad as recent years. Well, their run blocking still really blows. But the pass blocking has been competent for most games and they managed to keep Batch upright and in one piece for a win. It's been mostly everything else that's bad: WRs choking, no pass rush, questionable secondary at different times and lackluster special teams, save for Suisham, the lone bright spot. Still, none of that in my mind excuses shitty play against teams that can barely cobble together a handful of wins. That's on preparation and coaching IMO.

I think the biggest problem is that Run blocking. Nobody respects the Steelers run game anymore, and Haley's offense is heavily dependent on it. Sucks when the one guy who makes up your whole run game is on IR.

Godslay

Banned
Could have been there in HOU. The Texans chose instead to do new contracts with Arian Foster, Duane Brown, Matt Schaub, and Chris Myers. We'll see how it works out for all involved

Only time will tell I guess. It will also be interesting to see how Schaub does considering (irc), that he has yet to play in a playoff game.

Kubiak and Peyton wouldn't work.

Peyton Manning is his own OC. And he's not milquetoast.

I disagree. If he can do it for Elway with great success, he could have done it with Peyton as a coach.

You just cant shut the hell up can you?

Shitting on your real HoF coach for a douche twat like Harbaugh is the funniest thing you done in awhile

i mean i guess dick nolan was pretty good too. i'll engage in the argument i suppose!

p.s.

incase it wasn't obvious i was joking.... widely regarded as the greatest coach in NFL history? lulz. you know bill walsh is the greatest and so does everyone else!

No. Wade runs the D and had heavy input on their 2011 drafted defensive players (which they crushed). but it's Gary's team

What I mean by that is that they follow Phillips' example. There's no way they couldn't after going from having one of the worst D's in NFL history to stomping fools in one year.

The recent Andre Johnson shopping spree was posted and was awesome so considering the stupid shit these guys normally do, it's always pleasant to see the good side from two Giants players:

Victor Cruz visited the family of one of the victims of the recent Newtown shootings. Jack Pinto was the kids name and he was such a huge fan that he was actually buried in a Cruz jersey.

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/gian...nts&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Today, the day after Jack was buried, Cruz spent more than three hours in the family's Sandy Hook home visiting with family, friends and neighbors of little Jack — who was buried in his favorite football jersey, No. 80, Cruz's number.

“Much love to the entire Pinto family. Great people with huge hearts,” Cruz tweeted shortly after leaving the home. “Looking at life through a different lens.”

During the course of the visit, dozens of young kids — mostly boys — clad in Giants blue could be seen playing football and running around the lawn at the Pinto house.

They left with bags full of Giants memorabilia.

Steve Weatherford was part of the "Kicks for Kids" initiative where he took 200 kids Christmas shopping as well:

Steve Weatherford @Weatherford5

"Kicks for Kids" Christmas Shopping Spree. I was so blessed to take 200 children shopping for their families

harSon

Banned

They were good at run and pass blocking for the short stretch they were healthy and able to actually play as a unit for more than a game at a time, lo and behold, they were fairly dominant on the offensive side of the football (Great running game, long sustained drives and Ben was on his feet more times than not) during that same stretch.

As soon as the injuries started to ramp up again; our rushing attack vanished, we couldn't string together a decent drive to save our lives and Ben was being hurried/hit on a consistent basis. Even in the years when we reached the Super Bowls with a mediocre line, it was because our offensive line got healthy during the home stretch and were able to finally gel together as a unit, and as a result, they played better.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
You guys do remember that there was a coach so awesome that they named the Super Bowl trophy after him right?

They sure as hell don't call it the Bill Belichick Trophy!

Top Bottom