• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 16 |OT| The Comeback is Bigger than the Win

Rorschach

20326869_BG2.jpg

This sexy motherfucker is 24 years old NFL GAF.

I know he may act older, and play older, but he's got at least 10 more years of playing this game. The Kaepernicks, Derek Andersons, Jake Delhommes come and go, but Stafford will stay and will scare the shit out of opposing defenses for the next decade. Get used to it.

"Ah! The ball is coming straight at my face!

so much disrespect.

I hope you guys get bags and bags of dicks for christmas.

I'm rooting for you gator. I know what it feels like to have a suck QB like Chad Henne. I had to sit through David Carr, Vinny Testaverde, bad Jake Delhomme, Matt Moore and Jimmy Clausen. But trust me it gets better.

You never know, the Jaguars may even have a winning record by 2020.

Honest to God if this team sucked and had no talent I would call them out on it. I'm a Lions fan I've been doing it for what feels like forever.

But we don't suck, and we have as much solid young talent as any team in the league. Not only were we 10-6 last year, but we won our last 4 games in the 2010 season.

Us not beating the Pack for 20 years is due to numerous reasons, one being which we had Matt Millen at the helm for 10 of those years. It will happen and was close to happening two weeks ago. I'm not going to hang my head over that a win will happen soon.

1.) Agreed. Any team can put up a W any week. The difference is Blaine Gabbert being your QB or Matthew Stafford. We can't win RIGHT NOW, but a few pieces and some maturity will take us a long way. Just you watch.

2.) Staff had his #2, #3, #4 WR plus #1 TE out for the game against the Cards. Like I said I'm not one to make injury excuses, it happens to all teams, but its hard to throw it to CFL receivers against NFL DBs.

"I'm not making excuses, but the season that stafford is a god awful failure is because of injuries"

brentech

Honest to God if this team sucked and had no talent I would call them out on it. I'm a Lions fan I've been doing it for what feels like forever.

But we don't suck, and we have as much solid young talent as any team in the league. Not only were we 10-6 last year, but we won our last 4 games in the 2010 season.
Yet all you talked about in week 15 thread was injuries being their pitfall. Great QBs overcome that. It's not like Stafford is on the up and up. If anything he's already on his career decline.
20326869_BG2.jpg

I know he may act older, and play older, but he's got at least 10 more years of playing this game. The Kaepernicks, Derek Andersons, Jake Delhommes come and go, but Stafford will stay and will scare the shit out of opposing defenses for the next decade. Get used to it.
Thanks for the laughs. You always bring the lawls when I need one.
Jake will always be better than Stafford. He did more with less.

mr2xxx

Banned
2.) Staff had his #2, #3, #4 WR plus #1 TE out for the game against the Cards. Like I said I'm not one to make injury excuses, it happens to all teams, but its hard to throw it to CFL receivers against NFL DBs.

We have one of the worst defenses due to injury, our #1 receiver has been hurt the majority of the year, our #1 TE gone for the year. We had to rely on two rookie QBs to win games, they were throwing to Santana Moss, Leonard Hankerson and Logan Paulsen for the majority of the year so don't bring that woe is me BS. You had a seasoned QB throwing to the best receiver since Jerry Rice. Honestly the reason your team sucks starts with your GM and coaching and goes all the way to you Stafford. There is nothing to suggest you are a player or two from competing with the Packers or even the lowly Bears. Your team needs a regime change and they need to clean house. You have some pieces but you are a long way away.

I'm rooting for you gator. I know what it feels like to have a suck QB like Chad Henne. I had to sit through David Carr, Vinny Testaverde, bad Jake Delhomme, Matt Moore and Jimmy Clausen. But trust me it gets better.

You never know, the Jaguars may even have a winning record by 2020.

I hope a dog breaks in to your and humps the fuck out out of your pillow then shits on your bed and dies and you get blamed for its death.

20326869_BG2.jpg

i missed this gem. kaepernick has as many wins as stafford this year.... even though kap has only started 5 games lolololllllllll. can you imagine the fucking debacle of a lions vs. pats game in new england?

stafford is a joke who will never start another playoff game. oh he may play in another playoff game at some point in his career in mop up duty for whatever team he signs as a backup with in a few years when the lions finally admit their mistake, but he'll never do anything meaningful in the league.

Don't you mean the Giants merely looked bad?

Probably a combination of the two more than anything. The Falcons did look good (as they always do in regular season home games) and the Giants didn't look completely ready to play.

I hope a dog breaks in to your and humps the fuck out out of your pillow then shits on your bed and dies and you get blamed for its death.

Now, now, that's not in the holiday spirit.

I wouldn't even wish that on my worst enemy, Tom Brady (actually I might)

Probably a combination of the two more than anything. The Falcons did look good (as they always do in regular season home games) and the Giants didn't look completely ready to play.

Now, now, that's not in the holiday spirit.

I wouldn't even wish that on my worst enemy, Tom Brady (actually I might)

Why do you hate the Patriots so much?Have they ever wronged the Panthers?The Panthers were actually good enough once to be wronged by the Pats?

Oh yeah lol.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
"I'm not making excuses, but the season that stafford is a god awful failure is because of injuries"

I'm using the injury excuse for one game. We lost to you guys by what, 9 points on the road? Yet we were there the whole way to the last play of the game, like we've been every game except the Cardinals game. The Texans, Bears, Packers, Vikings etc. we were there till the end but bad luck combined with bad coaching decisions killed us.

At the end of the day most NFL personal would rather have Matthew Stafford, a pocket passer, not Colin Kape a option read QB at the helm.

QBs like Russel Wilson, Tebow and Kapernick have fluke seasons here and there, but pocket passers like Stafford, Brady, Rodgers are who win at the end of the day.

No troll, the solid seasons Kap and Wilson have had but those guys won't last long in this league. Kap is wildly inaccurate, and plays out of an option read offense, while Wilson is to short and has Doug Flutie luck syndrome (plus the option read offense).

Pocket passers like Stafford who throw for 10,000 yards in two seasons at 24 years old will last in this league.

We have one of the worst defenses due to injury, our #1 receiver has been hurt the majority of the year, our #1 TE gone for the year. We had to rely on two rookie QBs to win games, they were throwing to Santana Moss, Leonard Hankerson and Logan Paulsen for the majority of the year so don't bring that woe is me BS. You had a seasoned QB throwing to the best receiver since Jerry Rice. Honestly the reason your team sucks starts with your GM and coaching and goes all the way to you Stafford. There is nothing to suggest you are a player or two from competing with the Packers or even the lowly Bears. Your team needs a regime change and they need to clean house. You have some pieces but you are a long way away.

Thats why I hate using the injury "excuse". Every team gets the injury bug but despite you guys losing Santana you still have Garcon and Alfred Morris. We didn't have Nate Burleson, Titus Young, Pettigrew and Broyles due to numerous reasons. Injuries happen to all teams but I don't ever remember a team losing there #2, #3, #4 WR and #1 TE in NFL history.

Why did the Jets trade for Tebow if they hate him so much?

Genius plan by Rex really.

Kill his professional football career by hiding him on the bench behind Sanchize and the resident smart-ass McElroy.

Too bad it backfired on Rex. That's what happens when you don't accept Tebow into your heart as your football lord and savior.

/bionic

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Why did the Jets trade for Tebow if they hate him so much?

Tebow would be a hell of a powerback on any team.

The reason Tebow ended up on the Jets is due to Woody Johnsons hard-on for Tebow and politically conservative FB players.

Until Woody Johnson dies the Jets will remain the same.

mr2xxx

Banned
Thats why I hate using the injury "excuse". Every team gets the injury bug but despite you guys losing Santana you still have Garcon and Alfred Morris. We didn't have Nate Burleson, Titus Young, Pettigrew and Broyles due to numerous reasons. Injuries happen to all teams but I don't ever remember a team losing there #2, #3, #4 WR and #1 TE in NFL history.

Dude Garcon is the #1, he was hurt for most of the year. While I love Moss he is a shell of his former self. You have Megatron, every body should be able to feed of it. Its the fault of your coach that he was unable to do it. You guys couldn't build a defense, a run game, a oline. Your team hit on early draft picks but not much else. You need to hit in the later rounds to build a team. Hopefully your owner realizes that and dumps your staff and GM.

Godslay

Banned
Tebow would be a hell of a powerback on any team.

The reason Tebow ended up on the Jets is due to Woody Johnsons hard-on for Tebow and politically conservative FB players.

Until Woody Johnson dies the Jets will remain the same.

I wonder if he really would be a good FB/RB/TE. You have to think that guys that are in these positions have played their respective positions for some time. Tebow would have to get up to speed quickly. Part of his ability to run is based on playing the QB spot. I'm not sure how functional he would be outside of that.

I'm using the injury excuse for one game. We lost to you guys by what, 9 points on the road? Yet we were there the whole way to the last play of the game, like we've been every game except the Cardinals game. The Texans, Bears, Packers, Vikings etc. we were there till the end but bad luck combined with bad coaching decisions killed us.

At the end of the day most NFL personal would rather have Matthew Stafford, a pocket passer, not Colin Kape a option read QB at the helm.

QBs like Russel Wilson, Tebow and Kapernick have fluke seasons here and there, but pocket passers like Stafford, Brady, Rodgers are who win at the end of the day.

No troll, the solid seasons Kap and Wilson has had but those guys won't last long in this league. Kap is wildly inaccurate, and plays out of an option read offense, while Wilson is to short and has Doug Flutie luck syndrome.

Pocket passers like Stafford who throw for 10,000 yards in two seasons at 24 years old will last in this league.

1. it was against the FUCKING ARIZONA CARDINALS! they lost 58-0 the week before they played you! they had lost like 9 straight games! they were starting a guy named brian lindell or whatever his name is, i honestly dont even know it!

2. lol at the end of the day don't group stafford with those QB's. stafford hasn't won anything. stafford has literally done less in this league than mark sanchez, tim tebow and countless other QB's. just because you put the ball up 50 times a game and get a bunch of yards doesn't mean you are a winner. stafford has never been a winner and will never be a winner. part of it is the lions pathetic coaching staff/front office/team, but a lot of it is his own fault

3. kap is wildly inaccurate? do you even watch our games? he is completing 65% of his passes with a YPA of 8.4. stafford is completing 59% of his passes with a YPA of 6.8. understand that the numbers kap are putting up are at an elite level. peypey is completing 67% of his passes with a 7.9 ypa, brady is completing 63% of his passes with 7.6 YPA, drew brees 62% and 7.6 ypa, i could go on. now i understand it is a small sample size for kap, but if you're saying he's inaccurate or is somehow performing poorly i don't know where you are getting it from. is it what you THINK he should be performing like? "A PISTOL QB CAN'T SUCCEED IN THE NFL! I WONT ALLOW IT TO BE TRUE!" suck his dick! NOW!

Tamanon

Banned
Tebow had his chance to be a starter but turned down Jacksonville as a trade destination. He could've beaten Gabbert and Henne for sure.

squicken

Well he does stick around even when they lose. That has to count for something right?

ari was pretty high up on the nfcn crazy ratings. kind of him

I've always liked Mcdaniels. With all these rumors of the of him being the possible Browns next coach, I wouldn't mind it

Cleveland has a decent offensive line so it can run his system. He bombed in STL b/c the line was bad and got devastated by injuries and he refused to adjust. He was either blindly stubborn or incapable of changing course

Godslay

Banned
I've always liked Mcdaniels. With all these rumors of the of him being the possible Browns next coach, I wouldn't mind it

I don't know man. Maybe if he's contained as HC. Any other duties I wouldn't trust him. The guy wanted to bring in Matt Cassel to Denver as his flagship QB. Let that marinate for a second.

lol adorable danny woodhead. "C'MON FELLAS WE'RE GOING TO GET THE BALL BACK AND WE'RE GONNA SCORE!" <player ruffles little dannys hair> "the little guy really believes it! really believes we're going to come back to win this game!"

then big bad kap with his many tattoos rips poor little dannys heart out :(

lol adorable danny woodhead. "C'MON FELLAS WE'RE GOING TO GET THE BALL BACK AND WE'RE GONNA SCORE!" <player ruffles little dannys hair> "the little guy really believes it! really believes we're going to come back to win this game!"

then big bad kap with his many tattoos rips poor little dannys heart out :(

They didnt lose because of Woodhead.He was balling.

Doorman

I'm using the injury excuse for one game. We lost to you guys by what, 9 points on the road? Yet we were there the whole way to the last play of the game--

I literally stopped reading the rest of the post here. Don't you dare act like losing in an NFL game by 9 points is any sort of an accomplishment or acceptable result. It's a loss, and one that San Fran held the lead for through the vast majority of the game. We got clowned on national television, like we have in every national game of the past two years except for last year's Chicago game (which, even then, I never felt great about, the way that game played out). And, likely, just like we're about to get clowned on national television again this weekend against a Falcons team that--I don't give a damn if you think they're 'dirty' or not--is frankly better than ours.

So true.

If I were the Lions' new head coach I would go into the meeting room the first day and say "forget about the Super Bowl right now. Our goal is to beat the Pack in Lambeau. We're not going anywhere until we can defeat them in their house".
That's the sort of talk that a division II college head coach brings to their students as they head in for their yearly drubbing against a D1 powerhouse team. If ever a coach came into Detroit and that was their mentality, I would call for their weak-minded ass to be fired immediately. We can lose every game in Lambeau for all I care if it means we legitimately play for championships.

Top Bottom