• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 16 |OT| The Comeback is Bigger than the Win

cajunator

Banned
If the moon was truly that close to your house the world would have ended much sooner with the planets alignment completely off axis and the earth spinning with no real pattern. Global climate would become completely unpredictable.

I know. Its about as realistic as Mark Sanchez becoming an elite NFL quarterback.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Eastern. NFL-GAF just like ESPN, east coast bias.
I'm originally a west coast guy myself, but...

712129main_8247975848a8k40.jpg

There's a reason for it.

I almost feel bad for you Fox. But then I remember that you're a Jets fan and that you are the creator of the sad Dutchie after World Cup/Sad Tom image.

So I hope the Jets draft Barkley.

cajunator

Banned
Yall stay safe.
Its a little windy here, because that storm complex actually stretches all the way to the Gulf. Weathers not bad though.

I almost feel bad for you Fox. But then I remember that you're a Jets fan and that you are the creator of the sad Dutchie after World Cup/Sad Tom image.

So I hope the Jets draft Barkley.
I hope the jets stick with Sanchez for years to come, they should extend him actually because people are starting to doubt him

I hope the jets stick with Sanchez for years to come, they should extend him actually because people are starting to doubt him
Exactly. Hopefully they listen to Joe "Voice of Reason" Namath:

"Well, I know he's gotten a bad shake," Namath explained. "I don't think he's had the right kind of coaching. I don’t think he's had the right kind of help offensively. It is a team game. I know Mark's looked really bad these last several games and has played poorly. But I do believe he's not as bad a quarterback as he's made out to be or as he's played these last few games."

Build the team up around Sanchez and everything will be fine! He's not the issue!

what talent do the Jets still have?
Surely there are still great players on that roster.
Their secondary is actually pretty good (2nd in the league in passing yards allowed per game). It's actually kind of surprising because they made a lot of changes there. It's Yeremiah Bell's first year with the team (former Dolphin for 8 seasons) and LaRon Landry's first year with them as well (former Redskin for 5 seasons). The CB's are Cromartie and Wilson who are both in their 3rd season with the Jets.

Other than that I'm not sure. Maybe some of the linemen are decent?

Fox318

what talent do the Jets still have?
Surely there are still great players on that roster.

Good
  • Secondary
  • David Harris
  • Defensive Line
  • Offensive Line
  • Demario Davis
OK
  • RB core outside of Greene
  • TE core
  • Holmes
  • Kyle Wilson
Ugly
  • Bart Scott (Lost his Legs)
  • Right Tackle
  • WR core
  • Shonn Greene
  • Jason Smith
  • OLBs
  • Punter
  • Mark Sanchez
  • Vladimir Ducasse
  • Special Teams depth

bionic77

Least our QB doesn't wear cheap fedoras.
At least we did not sign a retarded deal to a bum qb who we know is never going to get the keys to the car (pretty sure Tebow or a relevant qb would get the keys) or be a franchise qb. It will be hilarious seeing Mark getting cut or benched and still getting paid next year.

You deserve all of it after what you did to Tebow. I would argue that crime is worse than anything Ben ever did to any drunken co-eds.

So Brian Billick was on Mike and Mike today and he said that he has heard from people with the Jets that they will cut Sanchez if they cant move him. That is a great move by them if they really do it.

squicken

So Brian Billick was on Mike and Mike today and he said that he has heard from people with the Jets that they will cut Sanchez if they cant move him. That is a great move by them if they really do it.

I think what they will do is convert his salary to a roster bonus, so the Jets pay him and take his cap hit, then they can trade him to some team for a conditional pick, and that team only eats like 2m. That's fair money and he can go be a top flight backup. No reason he can't live the David Carr life

edit: NFL admits that the Pats got a gift fumble and still lost b/c they suck

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...assistant-screwed-up-on-49ers-fumble/related/

JCizzle

This.

And the hockey players can go fuck themselves. Should have voted on the last deal the owners made and been playing hockey by now. The cunts.

Fuck that. The greedy, incompetent owners put the league in this position, not the players. I see no reason why those greedy rich fuck owners deserve more money.

I think what they will do is convert his salary to a roster bonus, so the Jets pay him and take his cap hit, then they can trade him to some team for a conditional pick, and that team only eats like 2m. That's fair money and he can go be a top flight backup. No reason he can't live the David Carr life

That seems very reasonable. I really wonder how things will go if Vick winds up there. The EAgles OL was horrible this year, but he also would hold the ball forever waiting for guys to get open deep. The Eagles WRs are so much better then the Jets WRs. I really think Vick will get killed there, unless they can come up with a quick pass offense. Marty insists on the Wrs running deep routes here, you can see Foles struggle with that right now.

Will Chip Kelly make like cheatin' Pete?

Oregon is anticipating an appearance before the NCAA’s committee on infractions this spring, Yahoo Sports reports. The NCAA is looking into whether the football program had an improper financial relationship with recruiting adviser Will Lyles.

Although the investigations are not the same, the end result could be the same as the end of Pete Carroll’s tenure at USC: A football power crippled by NCAA sanctions, and a successful coach deciding he’d rather coach in the NFL than deal with the ramifications. Kelly is already rumored to be interested in leaving Oregon for the NFL, and if he’s concerned that his Oregon teams will be weakened by scholarship losses or other NCAA penalties, it’s hard to see why he’d stay.

Where would he end up? I know there's rumors he'd go to the Browns, but I doubt that will happen. Given the franchise's history, they're clearly going to wind up with Josh McDaniel.

squicken

FUCK YOU JETS TEBOW BREAKS UP W/ HOT GIRLFRIEND NOW!!

iiFVohwvchVHo.jpg

After less than two months of dating, the New York Jets quarterback and actress Camilla Belle have called it quits, a source tells Us Weekly exclusively.

Tebow and the Push actress were first spotted bowling with pals at Latitude 30 in Jacksonville, Florida on Oct. 30. "They were grabbing kisses and holding hands . . . They were having a great time together," a witness said at the time of the Hollywood beauty and Tebow, a devout Christian who has said he plans to remain a virgin until marriage.

Before Belle, Tebow had been falsely linked to Glee's Dianna Agron and Taylor Swift. Speaking of Swift, 22, Belle dated the singer's ex, Joe Jonas, from 2008 to 2009.

squicken

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-replay-assistant-screwed-up-on-49ers-fumble/

NFL admits 49ers "fumble" wasn't a fumble at all. Gee what a surprise. Fortunately for the NFL we are vastly superior to the pats and didn't need that call

Edit

You beat me squicken :(

I got your back bruh. fuck the pats and chickens

That seems very reasonable. I really wonder how things will go if Vick winds up there. The EAgles OL was horrible this year, but he also would hold the ball forever waiting for guys to get open deep. The Eagles WRs are so much better then the Jets WRs. I really think Vick will get killed there, unless they can come up with a quick pass offense. Marty insists on the Wrs running deep routes here, you can see Foles struggle with that right now.

I think Vick needs to be in one of these run heavy offenses where it's very simple and he's only asked to throw it 20 times a game. No audibles allowed and one read off PA. He'd be in trouble if the team ever fell behind and had to throw, but then so is Schoob

Top Bottom