• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 16 |OT| The Comeback is Bigger than the Win

I know the obvious thing is for us to try to draft QB/WR, but I wouldn't mind seeing us go G/DT/DE

Just keep drafting skill positions and value until we get to that 08/09 level again. Then we sign Tom Brady or something to a 1 year contract.

Plug and play roll of the dice method.

Fox318

I was gonna ask you about Scott. Has he become that irrelevant? Haven't seen much of him.
He can't cover TE in the modern NFL anymore. He can still runblock but he doesn't have the speed he used to have. Him and David Harris were the best in 2009 and 2010.
How does Rex Ryan keep his job?
  • Keeps the team stable
  • Team is still playing hard
  • Defense is still good
  • They had a ton of key injuries this season that affected the team
  • 2 years left on contract
  • Still a good coach just needs a good GM
Sanchez deserves his own section, with its own title, preferably, "fuck up".

Warm weather weak USC qb.

Wellp jests are fucked and looks like they continue their fall into obscurity
McElroy:
“Everything that I’ve learned at this position in this league has been from Mark,” McElroy said, in comments distributed by the Jets’ PR staff. “He’s the guy that I’ve seen every day. Every day that I’ve been an NFL player, I’ve been looking up to him. I’ve been observing him and trying to follow after his lead. I’ve been watching him. I understand how to play this game because of him.”
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/12/20/mcelroy-everything-i-know-about-playing-qb-i-learned-from-sanchez/

I will a few days after they get named to the organization and I just accept it.
I actually kinda like McDaniels, and I've read about Lombardi but I'm not gonna go crazy and act like I know everything about him or what went on in other organizations. I just feel like everyones overreacted at this point. All I'm saying is don't let the interests get you to down

bionic77

Stability, he's under contract, the team never quit on him despite the shittiness everywhere, we somehow won 6 games, possibly more. The defense will be fine as always but he is totally lost on the offensive side of the ball so maybe we get another OC to somehow make something out of the trash we currently have. Santonio comes back so that helps, I say fuck it and keep Braylon, Hill hopefully develops. Lotsa hoping on my part generally. But yeah, despite your hard-on for Rex, he stays. Gotta say no to the coaching carousel sometimes.
He also bet everything on Sanchez so he can't judge qb's not can anyone on that team. I think the Jets are more interested in attention than winning.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I want to live in a world where touchdownterception keeps the Bears and the Vikings from missing the playoffs! Is this possible?

Anybody on Twitter see that #QbsBetterThenSancez was trending the other day? It had be dieing because even some of the espn guys got in it

Is it bad that I immediately lose interest in a woman who claims she's a Cowboys fan (but not from Texas) ?

It's not that I care that much about football that I'd let it dictate my love life...but the women who affiliate themselves with that team just seem to be awful in almost every way...

squicken

Is it bad that I immediately lose interest in a woman who claims she's a Cowboys fan (but not from Texas) ?

It's not that I care that much about football that I'd let it dictate my love life...but the women who affiliate themselves with that team just seem to be awful in almost every way...

nothing wrong with cowgirl, bro

Greg

I met a girl that has more Packers stuff than I do, and she didn't even know what the NFC North was

Seriously. Would Pack fans have been so salty had they known that losing that game would keep two division rivals from the post-season?
playing the Bears or Vikings in the playoffs would be a gift

Not bad at all. I wouldnt be friends or date someone like that. There is no way I could be friendly towards a bandwagon "fan". Those people bother me so much.

that's pretty extreme

people like teams for all different reasons

I am very extreme when it comes to that stuff. I was at an Eagles bar in SF a few years ago and a guy in a Cowboys jersey tried to buy me a drink and I refused to take it, I wouldnt be cool with a Pats fan in florida but I hung out with a bunch of Pats fans while I was in Boston and they were all really cool. I just hate frontrunners and there is no way to get beyond that.

Completely irrational.

Greg

I am very extreme when it comes to that stuff. I was at an Eagles bar in SF a few years ago and a guy in a Cowboys jersey tried to buy me a drink and I refused to take it, I wouldnt be cool with a Pats fan in florida but I hung out with a bunch of Pats fans while I was in Boston and they were all really cool. I just hate frontrunners and there is no way to get beyond that.
I'm a Packers fan from Ohio... I don't know if you should you be talking to me right now.

I'm a Packers fan from Ohio... I don't know if you should you be talking to me right now.

In real life I am sure I wouldnt be. I will say though that even with all their success you really dont see that many bandwagon Packer fans. I liked in Nh for 4 years and then SF for 4 years and I would always go out to ports bars to watch Eagles games, and it would be way more Cowboys and Pats fans then fans of other teams. I wonder just how long will Jerry have to keep the Cowboys down before those people jump ship to the Giants or whoever.

squicken

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcsouth/post/_/id/45172/who-calls-the-protections-and-why

If you guys have the time, this is a really good read on setting protections and responsibilities

When Hasselbeck was a backup behind Brett Favre in Green Bay, he saw it to an extreme.

“He knew how to pick things up, and he was very, very good at it,” Hasselbeck said. “But sometimes he just wouldn’t care. He was like, ‘Ah, I can get it off.’ And he’d get it off and take a shot in the chin. There is a price to be paid sometimes when you do it.

Pretty much all of Packers Age doesn't live in Wisconsin

You got a few more to add to your ignore list! ;)
Haha, I'm just messin', we all know Greg's the man. I'm a Dolphins fan from VA who jumped on board when they were good* so it's not like I can say anything.

*relatively speaking, not "eznark" good

I'm a Bears fan in Ohio. Lifelonged them in '85. I was young and didn't understand the lifetime of misery my decision would bring.

I'm a Bears fan in Ohio. Lifelonged them in '85. I was young and didn't understand the lifetime of misery my decision would bring.

Damn that is a rough choice. I was so excited after that superbowl when the Eagles hired Buddy. I was sure they were going to win multiple superbowls, but alas it was not meant to be.

Top Bottom