• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 16 |OT| The Comeback is Bigger than the Win

LOLOLOL

gruden dropping truth bombs on this sham record right now. this record is just like the brees sham record last year

True.

But I don't feel nearly as dirty about it. Partly because Megatron isn't calling deep pass plays with 20 point leads just to pad his passing stats. And partly because Megatron isn't a smarmy douchebag whose face I'd love to punch in.

I got ya evidence right here, Drew. Right here.

JCizzle

lets compare their seasons.

Alex Smith - (6-2-1 record), 1731 yards passing, 70% comp, 8.0 YPA, 13 TD/5 Int, 134 rush yards, 0 td's

Kap - (4-1 record), 1,294 yards passing, 65% comp, 8.4 YPA, 7 TD, 2 int, 379 rush yards, 5 TD's

so we lose in the comp % part but i would say that is because kap throws deep more often. their passing stats are very similar. the difference comes in with kaps running ability. like ive said many times i like alex and wish him well. we'll see if the decision costs us in the playoffs

Well, Alex had one amazing, then one horrible game in the playoffs. I buy the WR argument in the Giants game to some degree, but to be a SB QB he needed to make some more plays no matter what the circumstances were.

When I watch CK I get excited that the dude cam score a TD on any play like he did against the Pats. I never felt that way with Alex back there despite his intelligence and ability to slowly move the ball down the field.

CyReN

fpCLT.jpg

Well, Alex had one amazing, then one horrible game in the playoffs. I buy the WR argument in the Giants game to some degree, but to be a SB QB he needed to make some more plays no matter what the circumstances were.

i wouldn't say alex had a horrible NFC championship, but it wasn't good. he missed 2 easy TD's (one to kyle williams, one to crabtree.... although KW would have probably fumbled a step before the goal line). he just played really conservative. we still should have won the game even with his conservative play but that is for another discussion :(

JCizzle

i wouldn't say alex had a horrible NFC championship, but it wasn't good. he missed 2 easy TD's (one to kyle williams, one to crabtree.... although KW would have probably fumbled a step before the goal line). he just played really conservative. we still should have won the game even with his conservative play but that is for another discussion :(

Lol true enough on Kyle. What a horrible game. I'm glad Ted Ginn has started emulating him >.<

Talon

Titus Young, Nate Burleson and Ryan Broyles aren't average. Ryan Broyles was the all time college reception leader coming out of college last year. Stafford threw 25 touchedowns to recievers not named Megatron last year.

Titus Young is probably better than any reciever the Jaguars have had in there history.
Jimmy Smith says, "Fuck you, child."

Doorman

Good and expected game, Falcons.

Though, I am surprised that Calvin broke the record tonight. The only real offensive threat that we have and he still picked up more than 200 yards? That's nuts.

i had matt ryan, julio jones and matt bryant in one of my fantasy football championships. my opponent had tony gonzalez. i'm winning 63-1 right now :D

but then in the GAF ff championship i'm going up against DCX and he had roddy white -_-

Kiryu

i had matt ryan, julio jones and matt bryant in one of my fantasy football championships. my opponent had tony gonzalez. i'm winning 63-1 right now :D

but then in the GAF ff championship i'm going up against DCX and he had roddy white -_-
I had Julio Jones, Roddy White, and Calvin Johnson.

I am winning... 67.20 to 0 right now. :D

weei.com/sports/boston/this-just-in/21248706/mortensen-mcdaniels-should-consider-browns
ESPN football reporter Chris Mortensen said that Patriots offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels would be "foolish" to not consider coaching the Browns should the team offer him its head coaching job.
"When you look for jobs, you look at the owner, and in Jimmy Haslam, I think we're talking about one of the guys who's going to be one of the premium owners in this league," he said. "If for some reason, they came calling for Josh, and maybe Josh's answer is an automatic 'no,' I would think that would be a little bit foolish because there are rare opportunities when you have the chance to go work for an owner that I think is going to be as successful as Haslam."
Interesting.

Top Bottom